THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

So sorry you had to go through all that stress Carol! Nasty business! I do hope the bank gives you a break on what was essentially stolen from your account. Guess this is a lesson or all of us - sadly.

@CricketHip I am so sorry to learn of your misfortune, but I can empathise.

In the early 80s I had my handbag lifted off a kitchen door handle at our home in the UK ... while we were in!!! The bag was found in the country empty but luckily I did not have cards, just a small amount of cash and the driving license. Again I was a victim about 15 years ago here in Portugal when I was shopping with a friend at an open market. My handbag was stupidly open, someone bumped into me ... and the wallet was gone. This time it was cash, debit card and driving license to sort out! Lesson learned!

I am pleased your husband took you out for a pleasant sojourn in the countryside and hopefully you are recovering now. Will you get the $2,700 back? :beg:

Sending you hugs from across the pond.

animated-hug-image-0128.gif Izabel xx

Thanks girls,, it's so annoying to feel like we have to think like a criminal to stay safe. I love the credit card in your shoe @SurreyGirl !! One of my clients was walking on the Boardwalk and had a small crossbody bag/phone holder and somebody rode past on their bike and snatched it, the strap was strong enough that it literally drug her a few feet before snapping. It's a crazy world out there! Now I'm in that stage where my accounts on auto pay are hounding me for payments not going through. Hopefully my new cards arrive by Thursday.
@Izabel I think I get it all back.. the bank isn't very good at reassurances. I suppose they will investigate and make sure I'm not guilty of something.
I think I'm all recovered form overdoing it that day. That is the good news. I still need the cane for about 70 percent of the day. I know it's early but I was hoping to be off of it by now. The positive is that with the cane I am walking with good posture and no limp. heel toe!

@CricketHip …. Oh no! :boohoo: But......so thankful that you weren't hurt, just your pocketbook (temporarily)…. I am sure you felt violated....I think by now everyone has been stolen from....it's an awful feeling. You may want to put a credit application hold with the credit report companies so that nothing in the future happens as well....Enjoy this beautiful summer day, girlfriend xox

Thank you sweet Teri! i am glad you mentioned the credit report freezes.. I just applied for an auto loan and had lifted the free and need to reactivate it. I hope you've enjoyed your family visits and summer so far? You are 3 months out! Lucky ducky you! I need to see if you've updated.. :roseshwr:

Hi again Carol, @CricketHip....family visits went very well....they go so quickly (sigh)...3 months and going smoothly … I just updated this morning :)

It is horrible to have your wallet lifted. I mistakenly left my hippie bag in my car at home with cat not locked up. Bag got lifted and my daughter and I spent the day at the banks, DMV and such. Her check book was also in my bag. I think it was two years later a man knocked on the door and told us that he was cleaning his rental house and found our cards and checkbook in the garage. It was the block behind us. Neighborhoods change also. I moved here a smaller city from Omaha and was amazed that women left their purses and small children in the carts and were more than a few steps away. I sometimes had the urge to pick up their bags and walk up to them just to show them how easy it is to grab. Never did it though, they would freak out on me.

I had to fight the urge to dig through the trash cans outside of the store where the wallet was lifted. Or up at Best Buy where they ran up the charges, that's the most annoying part to me, that a lot of my things are most likely sitting in the trash somewhere.. or in a garage! That is horrible that it was a neighbor.. sigh

We've had a fair share of undesirables around here. As of now neighborhood is fairly quite. Make sure things are locked up, out of sight and all is good.

Oh, no!! So sorry the thieves picked you as their target! Stressful situations does a number to the healing hip! Glad your hubbie whisked you away to help relieve the stress.

Such a bummer about the theft, @CricketHip! Like any recovering hipsters need that kind of added stress! I hope the bank acts quickly to resolve the situation and you'll get your money back. I, too, was glad to read that your sweet husband took you on a relaxing trip to help mitigate all the stress you've undoubtedly been under. Hang in there, it's definitely NOT what you wanted to happen but it's done, you will be able to move on and I'm betting you'll be far more vigilant about your purse going forwards. And I, too, love @SurreyGirl idea of cards in your shoes although it does sound like it might be uncomfortable for walking!

I had to fight the urge to dig through the trash cans outside of the store where the wallet was lifted. Or up at Best Buy where they ran up the charges, that's the most annoying part to me, that a lot of my things are most likely sitting in the trash somewhere..

I think I'd almost wish it was in a trash can or dumpster so it ended up in a landfill, but I don't see thieves being that conscientious, about disposing of what they view as worthless, or taking the time. Most likely they threw it out a car window into a ditch on the freeway. Losers that they are. So maddening :gaah:

Oh my gosh, just read about those bleeping criminals!! Makes me so mad. How dare they!! @CricketHip

I’m so sorry that you had to go through this on top of recovering from your hip. However, the sweet trip with your husband put tears in my eyes. You have got a keeper there! What a sweet man. I had my wallet lifted when our daughter was a baby. Thief took advantage of a tired Mom with a screaming baby. Didn’t feel my wallet lifted . You can fight the charges. Ours were all reversed. Took some annoying time on the phone. DMV probably worst part. Hugs. :console2:

Aww Thank you @Fit4Family It definitely set me back a few days. Im still working on the charges and hopefully I will be flush again by Friday. It's a definite wake up call and it's hard to allow myself to not feel so stupid about it all.
That's a sin, taking advantage of a new mommy.. apparently this kind of person knows no shame.
I'm sure it was obvious that I was lame..I probably looked alike a pitiful old woman,, wish I would have caught them in the act so I could have dispelled that initial opinion! :rotfl: :bignono:

Update time! So, after the grand theft wallet incident, I was having a bit of a set back and struggled with extra soreness in my mid thigh and lateral thigh. I was seeing improvement and must have gotten a little too casual, because while I was still in bed this past Thursday I did a weird little bridge type move to get my hind end up over a rumpled blanket and oh my gosh! I had such a searing hot, jolt of pain, right in the crease where my thigh meets my torso.
It happened so quickly and then was over but I immediately felt my thigh muscles and soft tissue rebelling.
Of course I iced and rested but apparently I irritated something because I've been a sore mess ever since.
I'm back on one cane 100% and am finally---FINALLY-- feeling some improvement this evening. I literally feel like I did at week 3 and am so annoyed with myself.
How in the heck can anyone do those crazy bridges this early in the game? Maybe it wasn't the action of bridging, I have tried to re-enact it in my mind and I think one of my heels slipped and I really jarred my thigh and new hip.
I am hoping after another quiet day tomorrow that I can resume some gentle walking around the block and not depend so heavily on the cane.

It's crazy how quickly things like that can happen.
Good news is that my scar is clearing up and losing it's lumpiness and any swelling from my antics seems to be limited to my upper and lateral thigh.
Other than that, its been the usual mix of things with recovery. The highlight of each day is my morning shower and massaging my thigh muscles afterwards. Then when the day is cooling off we go outside on our covered porch and sit with the pets and watch the neighborhood antics. Tonight a neighbor's dog got loose, we were able to assure them that he didn't run past in our direction. Their kids were calling to other kids to help them search so a little posse headed off down the street.. hahah Then later they came by to tell us they found him.. haha
a piece of Americana in our front yard.

Ahhh the neighborhood entertainment, it's fun to watch some of the things that happen. Kids chasing escaped dogs, cats jumping fences to get away from dogs or kids going through neighbor's trash piles looking for treasures. My favorite is the neighbor yelling for the dog running down the street. No place like Home. :roseshwr:

Hello @Crickett

Love reading your updates! That piece of Americana is so fun. I love living in a neighborhood with lots of kids. So sorry you had a set back with your hip. Darn quick movements. It is hard to remember exactly what you’ve done when it happens. Hope you get back to where you were quickly. Hope you have a quiets relaxing Sunday.

I'm sorry you stressed out your recovering hip...but it does caution us to be mindful , right?
I think bridges are the worst for new hips.
I certainly hope you have a Seriously Sweet Sunday ...:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics