Guest viewing is limited

THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

Isn't it great to get out and just DO things without major aftereffects?! :yes!:. I think that sometimes our PT exercises have us trying to do things that, as you said, we don't really need to do in everyday life. Im happy at 6 months I can do just about anything I want for everyday activities. A very good end of year report for both of us. Yippee! :dancy:
 
@CricketHip What an awesome 5 month report!!! Boring is a great report for sure. The fact that you have such a physical profession also says a lot. You are healing very well. Sorry to hear about that cranky tendon/muscle/whatever that is causing some restriction. I would think that there is still much more healing to be done.

I am well! I passed the 7 month mark, amazingly. I am doing great, but still have days where both of my hips remind me that I am still healing. I'm just guessing, but my older replaced hip sometimes gives me a twinge and I think it might be because of the leveling of both my hips that is still continuing. I keep saying that I am getting back into perfect alignment and I still see improvements month to month.

Have a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving, dear Carol xox
 
@Bfam85 :wave: and :roseshwr:. You are doing so well this time around, 7 months already, that is crazy!
I agree with your thinking. Our bodies have a lot to adjust to, not just the newly replaced hip.
After I wrote my update I went out in the early evening and had a nice, brisk walk and it felt so good.
I plan to get another one in tonight, our weather was near perfect for a crisp, sunny fall day and I am sure this evening will be nice, too.
Thank you, Teri, for the holiday well wishes and I wish the same for you and your family. :kittykiss:
 
Here's to pain free walks on crisp and sunny days--sounds really wonderful, @CricketHip! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. All of us recovering hipsters have much to be thankful for, I know. Cheers!
 
Hello @CricketHip

Almost six months for righty! Fun to be celebrating your hip anniversary on Christmas Day! How did your appointment go on the 11th with your OS? Hope your range of motion has improved and the tightness is relieved.

You are an incredible person, very grateful for all the time you spend here sharing your wisdom and your heart. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and get to relax and put your feet up.

:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: xxxxxxx ❤️
 
Sarah, you are such a sweetheart!! I appreciate you, too. You are the picture of grace under pressure and that is so admirable. :roseshwr:

I giggle every time I think about my 6 month anniversary falling on Christmas Day. The gift that keeps on giving.. in a good way!

My follow up appointment was very good. My bone has knitted very well to the new prosthetic and he told me that I don't need to baby it,, his words were "you can beat it, bang it and do all activities you'd like" I wonder if he thinks I am a rodeo girl? :heehee: Maybe Roller Derby? :banana-santa:

The lingering soft tissue soreness in the groin and upper hip crease are still there but slowly easing away.. and he suggested incorporating more gentle stretches into my routine. He said most of his patients with this tenderness have it completely resolved at the one year mark and only about 2 % still have it remaining. If I still have it enough to be worried at 1 year he would want to see me then and will pursue it further.
Otherwise he said he doesn't need to see me for 5 years!

But like I told him, it doesn't really bother me or restrict me from doing the things I like to do so am not too worried about it. In fact it had improved a good bit the last couple of weeks before my visit.

My biggest concern right now is my right wrist. Because apparently it is always something with me.
Obviously we lean on our hands and arms a lot more in the months before and after surgery and then for me, I am sure my ergonomics were off while doing bodywork with a bum hip.
So! I am working on that right now and trying to get my rest caught up, 2019 had been one of the hardest years that I can remember having in a very long time. So I am grateful that they don't happen too often, right?

I brought home a picture of my new hips.. my husband said it reminds him of his dog that had dysplasia, and subsequent hip surgeries.

I am still pondering whether I liked him saying that..... :loll::rotfl::dogsniff:

My gratitude list:
that I get to go into NYC on Dec 26th and see the beauty of that amazing city and see the Rockettes perform and know I am able to handle the walking.
Then we fly to Colorado to see my son and his family and my grandkids!! Again I am able to handle carrying luggage and walking through two huge airports, etc.
I have been looking over my schedule and I don't think I've lost even one client from missing so much work this spring and summer. That is a big worry when you are self employed.

So that's it! My update! Not too shabby, IMHO.

:happydance::dancy::curtsey:

@Fit4Family I can't wait until you have an update similar to this next year. It's your time to shine and I totally believe it will happen, soon!
 
Wonderful update @CricketHip

I can imagine your clients love you. A testament to the work you do. Love the vision of you traveling to see family, grandchildren and even the Rockettes. Would love to see them one day. Very festive. Hope you have a wonderful time in Colorado.

Your hip journey gives us all hope. xxxx :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
@CricketHip This is a fantastic 6 month update! Your doctor sounds like he is pretty confident with the lingering groin tenderness resolving on its own time clock...I think we just need to let things "toughen up" on their own before we start poking around :spin:

I so enjoy your updates and your sense of humor! Laughter is the best medicine :thumb: Bringing home pictures of your new hips and showing your husband is a hoot ! hahahaha

BTW, you may want to check out Dr. Adam Fields DC youtube channel. He has an amazing video on strengthening wrists in his carpel tunnel syndrome exercises. He shows good, gentle movements for the wrists. It has helped me with my wrists.

I will miss you in the city by one day...wouldn't that have been amazing to see each other this year?! Perhaps in the next year, dear friend. xox

Have an amazing trip to beautiful Colorado!!! :carols:
 
Such a good report and so happy that you have some great events planned this next couple of weeks! Enjoy the Rockettes and your trip to see family. Happy couple days early 6 Month Anniversary! Merry Christmas! :santa-dance:
 
Hi @CricketHip
Wonderful update! So reassuring to hear all looks as it should. Sorry about your wrist. I hope the pain eases soon. A trip to NYC to see the Rockettes sounds like so much fun. That is on my bucket list for sure, has been for years and I can't wait to hear all about it upon your return. In case I miss your 6 month anniversary in the flurry of activity over the holidays, I'll wish you one now....
Happy Six Months, Righty! :happydance: :banana-santa::egypdance::happyfeet::chuckmarch: :loveshwr:
 
Hi Layla! It was great! I've never been inside Radio City Music Hall and I don't know what I was expecting but it's very grand.
The performances were so good. My husband enjoyed it.too. What's not to like? Beautiful women kicking their legs??
The city was full of people. Lots of pressing, pushing people but we knew it will be crowded and did ok with it all.
There were three little girls sitting behind us and just enough off to the side so that I could peek back and watch their reactions to things. So sweet.
My iPhone tells me that I walked 7.6 miles. And was able to work a full day today with clients so I would say that my recovery is going very well!
P.S. you are correct, definitely wasn't like this :chuckmarch::chuckmarch::chuckmarch: :banana-santa: there was a :santa-dance: though.

I sure am tired tonight, though!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom