Guest viewing is limited

THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

Hello @CricketHip

Sounds like you had a fabulous time in NYC watching the Rockets. Guessing you are in Denver now. Hoping you are suffering no ill effects from your transportation. Wave hello to the Mountains for me. Hoping to get back to Colorado this summer for my sister’s bday. Love the image of you grinning walking with your normal long strides. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your grandchildren. Thank you for all the love and prayers. Feeling hopeful and grateful.

Happy 2020!
 
@Fit4Family we don't leave for Colorado until January 2cnd! So now I have a little breather before hitting the airports.
My grands don'[t return back to school until the 6th so it still gives us time with them. I am so looking forward to it.
I will check out your thread, hoping you had a good night.
 
Your trip to see the Rockettes sounds wonderful! I remember watching them on TV as a child, always loved the dancers. And all the old musicals! :santa-dance: Sounds like a brief rest before heading on to Colorado is just what you need. Good luck with the crazy crowds at the airport, thinking they might make NYC look tame! :rotfl:

:wreath::snow::wreath::snow::xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon::banana-santa:
 
BTW, you may want to check out Dr. Adam Fields DC youtube channel. He has an amazing video on strengthening wrists in his carpel tunnel syndrome exercises. He shows good, gentle movements for the wrists. It has helped me with my wrists.

I will miss you in the city by one day...wouldn't that have been amazing to see each other this year?! Perhaps in the next year, dear friend. xox

@Bfam85 :wave: I forgot to reply to you on my thread! Better late than never, hopefully.. thank you for the name of that dr and his wrist exercises.. It may help, but mine isn't carpal tunnel I've sprained my wrist, the wrist is very loose and there's this pesky little pisiform bone and an attaching tendon that was very mad at me. Very. But I'm about 90 % better now,, just trying to be very mindful of my habits at work, in fact everywhere. Things like pulling on a banister with that hand is tricky.

We need to plan a NYC meetup! That would be so fun and we would take pictures and bore the members on here with them.. :heehee: I can be patient and wait til next year but we hope to go back there a few times, so who knows?
 
My hip update - it's hard to even imagine but I am 7 months post op! How did that happen?
My hip continues to improve and feels more and more like my own.
I have been able to bump up the walking to 2 miles nightly, well at least 5 days a week. Ok, 2 miles is probably 3 times a week and the other nights I do 1.5 miles.
There is definitely some soreness of soft tissues in and around the hip, and some stiffness occasionally
but nothing that would slow a person down and can't even recall the last time I took a tylenol or NSAID for it. I've taken Tylenol for my headaches but thats few and far between.

As for work, it's busy and I am easily able to handle it. There's still PT going on for my wrist but that's almost over, too.
The soreness that is remaining is still in the front of my hip, I'm guessing hip flexors and not psoas but they are so close together there that I waffle on that thought.
It's not enough to even think about a Dr visit or anything else. It's more of an intermittent soreness or a bit of limitation on the action of bringing my knee up to my chest.
My name is CricketHip and I am a very happy Hippie. :banana-santa: :snork:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)
 
This is the content I’m living for right now. :yahoo:

So excited for you @CricketHip Wonderful news about your hip and that your wrist is improving too. Could not happen to a nicer, more deserving person.

About that NYC trip, count me in. Wouldn’t that be a hoot? :banana-santa:
 
Great report! Sounds familiar, which is reassuring to me at approximately the same point. This forum is so wonderful due to folks like you. Honest, sympathetic, positive. Happy continued healing to you. :flwrysmile:
 
You are all invited! I just had this vision of us all standing outside of thee Today Show with Bonesmart t-shirts and telling Hoda and Savannah that we are all hippies.. :heehee:

@Mojo333 I'm country, too. I still gape at the buildings and Time Square with my mouth hanging open. Kindof like this: :flabber: Still do this in Philly, too.
 
had this vision of us all standing outside of thee Today Show with Bonesmart t-shirts and telling Hoda and Savannah that we are all hippies.. :heehee:

Don't forget Al Roker. I believe he's an actual hippie, just like us! I think he even had one of those miraculous recoveries, or so they made it seem. Back to work at three weeks, blah blah. I'm sure he got on an elevator at home, jumped into an awaiting car on the street, got dropped at the door at work, walked into the building and onto another elevator and then plopped on a chair for the duration. :wink:
 
Hi @CricketHip … Well now, you are 7 months and I just turned 9 months....I would say that basically we are on the same playing field. I can relate to your post about overall being great with some little things here and there letting us know "hey! you had major surgery not that long ago" (even though it feels like long ago)….So, I am very happy for you. Glad to hear your wrist is also recovering for you.

When I had my first THR, I remember reading of some gals who traveled across the world to meet (I'm not kidding). I thought that was wonderful. We can try to plan a bonesmart field trip, couldn't we?! Hahaha. Hey, ya never know :dancy:
 
Yes! Al Roker will love us! I spotted him walking recently, on the show- his gait is awful!
But he’s trying to get by, right?
I wish he hadnt projected it the way he did, though.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom