Guest viewing is limited

THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

Happy happy 4 month hipversary, dear @CricketHip :friends:
Well done!
Thank you @Mojo333 It's been a ride, for sure! I was thinking about it this afternoon. how I stood in some kitten heel shoes one long afternoon and was in such pain. You know, with that dull ache that grows and extends into the knee, then the foot and up the pelvis into the back. ugh.
So glad that part is gone! I enjoyed a nice walk after dinner with the dog, marveling at how smoothly my joint was gliding along.
I still have aches and pains and will enjoy each milestone month, feeling things continuing to improve. Have a good weekend, friend! :loveshwr:
 
Still lots of improvement to come.
It might not be as good as it will be...but it's so Much Better than it was.
Rest up and Keep the Faith.
 
Thank you @ceezee !! This is such a journey, isn't it? Your first hip is already 5 months? That is hard to imagine. I remember you diligently walking the mall to prep for the second THR.
You've handled your surgeries and set backs with much grace.
Have a nice rainy Sunday, rainy days are good for resting.. :flwrysmile:
 
By setting a good example, my dogs are helping me make sure I take it easy this lovely rainy Sunday.
[Bonesmart.org] Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)
[Bonesmart.org] Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)
 
What wonderful beds! Your pups are so adorable.. they are happy to be home again with their Mom..
We are moving slowly over here, too. I actually helped with the fall cleanup in the yard yesterday. I have some muscles talking to me today.. nothing that won't be gone by tomorrow, though.
It felt so good to be outside and working with the gardens.
We took a nice drive to look at leaves later in the afternoon, ending up in Valley Forge, the foliage was so pretty.
 
Valley Forge is beautiful in all seasons and I love to walk around there.

You must be close to Longwood Gardens. We are members but it’s a 50 minute drive each way so we don’t go as much as I’d like. I’m dying to see the Sogetsu Ikebana exhibit before it goes. I think I have until mid November. Now that I’m walking better it’ll be doable without needing one of their wheelchairs or scooters. :heehee:
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary @CricketHip

So happy you feel like you’ve gotten your life back. :flwrysmile:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and general kindness with me. Your suggestions and encouragement have made such a huge difference to my recovery. Hope you continue to see improvements and can get back into any shoes you want by the end of the year. ❤️
 
Quick update! Saturday was such a pretty day, so I helped hubby in the yard, I was trimming back the hydrangeas and hibiscus, etc and then I spotted my Winterberry, it had some errant branches that I just couldn't leave alone. I had my head down snipping away and sure enough I turned my head and a sharp little branch attacked my eye. great.. just when you think it's safe to do some yard work.
So the good news is that my hip handled the yard work really well, which involved a good bit of squatting and picking up things and a lot of steps!

The eye? A visit to a Minute Clinic yesterday for antibiotic drops as it was looking like it wasn't healing well and then today to see my eye Dr to rule out anything more serious.
The antibiotics are already helping. The redness and puffiness are much diminished.

For once it wasn't the hip. :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
@CricketHip So glad to hear you got out to garden and your hips performed well squatting and walking. I miss gardening, like I once was able to do. Your post is encouraging.

So sorry to hear about your eye, and glad you had it seen by a doctor.
I had a relative who did not seek medical attention, when a similar thing happened, and he did not have a good outcome.
 
Thank you @VSlowLife ! I now wish I had it looked at sooner, but hubby assured me that he's done it before and was fine. I knew better than to listen to him. :bignono:

Yes! The gardening was great! I so enjoyed it and later when I looked at my iWatch, I had accumulated 8,000 steps before 2 pm. I had some sore muscles, but normal sore muscles.

If only my eye couldn't have avoided that branch. :flabber:
 
I so enjoyed it and later when I looked at my iWatch, I had accumulated 8,000 steps before 2 pm. I had some sore muscles, but normal sore muscles.
Welcome to my world. Lol.

At least you didn’t have a bug actually in your eye like a good gardening friend of mine had. That took a bit to get over.

Gardening next year for both of us is going to be fun! We’ll remember this year and next year it’ll seem easy.
 
Gardening next year for both of us is going to be fun! We’ll remember this year and next year it’ll seem easy.

Truth! Ceezee, I walked the dog tonight and both hips felt so smoooooth. Still trying to to pace myself, so stopped after about 3/4 mile. (because I worked today) But I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat! Well, with a bad eye. :heehee:
 
@bickypeg don't be!! At least you didn't squat into a shrub and stab your eye.
I probably did more of a crouch.
You are making progress.. hang in there!
 
5 month post op report.. Well, there isn't much to report. I find that if I increase my walking distance-- brisk walking for exercise- I end up feeling sore and stiff all around the hip and IT Band so for now I am sticking with the 1 to 1 1/2 mile mark. I've added some more PT exercises and feel like my balance, etc. are much improved. I go very cautiously with any exercises during the work week as I think I get plenty of exercise in my day to day activities there. There's lots of squats, lunges and weight bearing activity going on.
Overall I am so very pleased. But..there's always a disclaimer, isn't there? At least for me there is.. :heehee:
:gaah:
I have less ROM in this hip.. by this time with lefty I had no limitations in ROM but this right one, I have issues that to me seem to mimic a bit of psoas impingement or tendinitis.. It's not horrible.. the only time that I really pay any attention to it is when pulling my knee up towards my chest, or bring my right leg over and across my midline, which isn't a necessary movement in day to day activities. It feels like there is swelling of tissue that gets caught and in the way. The main issue is shoes and tying them or anything with that sort of motion to it. I can do it but it takes a bit of effort.

I see my OS on December 11 and we will see what he thinks about it.

I had the CAM Impingement in this hip prior to surgery so I am guessing that my tendon is a bit grumpy... maybe?

I now can walk with a normal gait, my right foot doesn't "toe in" any longer and my stride is back to a nice long stride instead of a little short stride with a little hip hitch thrown in. Oh and I can still get so tired that I just need to grab a nap or get into bed early, maybe 2-3 times a week.

But for the most part?

Life is Good!
 
I had the CAM Impingement in this hip prior to surgery so I am guessing that my tendon is a bit grumpy... maybe?
@CricketHip My worse hip is cam impinged, too. Can’t move my right leg to the left much at all, and I am thinking there are probably some tight things (muscles/tendons?) because they simply can’t be stretched, before a new hip is installed.

I hope your surgeon can figure out what you need.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom