THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @CricketHip. Yes, the weather has been absolutely beautiful lately. One can only hope it continues. I plan to get out there one day next week and try a little putting and chipping to see how it goes. The end of the month is when my restrictions are lifted, but with life-time caution, as my OS put it. Hope you are sitting back and being spoiled today, with a little fresh air thrown in. Happy recovery day to you!
 
@Nana757, yaaay for a good bowling session and for looking forward to doing a bit of chipping and putting in the near future! :)
My husband is out playing golf today and it made me think of you.
It sounds like you're doing great and I'm so glad to hear your knee and thigh issues seem to have resolved. That is wonderful.
Enjoy your day and your weekend, friend. :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @DeepBreath. I am chomping at the bit to get out there. But I am smart enough to know I need to take it slow and test the waters. How have you been doing with your recovery? I hope you are somewhat pain free if not completely pain free and finding your happy zone. :)
 
@Nana757, what a wonderful day it will be when you're finally able to get out there and golf. You're very wise to know to take it in its own good time though. That way you can be sure you'll be able to do it safely and really enjoy it. Way to go! :)
Yep, things are good here. My op hip is pain free! :) The other poor hip is bearing the brunt and is hurting, but that's to be expected. Nothing to gripe about! :flwrysmile:
 
What a wonderful disposition you have @DeepBreath! That attitude is was it takes to get through this and i have no doubt, when you go in for the other hip, you will do just as fabulously! (I think that's a word...if not...I just made it up especially for you!)

:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @hippywoman! I hope that I can bring some relief to your sleeping dilemma. If you go to page 13 of my thread, you will see a rather comical photo of me in my nest. And my posts on page 14, #261 and #271, describes what is under those covers. I think I counted a total of 7 or 8 pillows at one point, not counting the wedge. Shortly after the photo was taken, I took away that big, fluffy arm rest cushion, because it just started to get in the way. Now, bear in mind that I was using our guest room bed and it has a memory foam mattress on it. I chose to use this bedroom since it was not only closer to the bathroom I would be using, but enabled my hubby and me to get restful sleeps, without worrying about disturbing each other.
I was also a side sleeper and found this to be so comfortable, that I still use this method. I have, however, just recently tried sleeping on my side, with one pillow, lengthwise, over my right (non op) leg, which is bent. Then I put one pillow at the foot of the bed, for my op side foot to rest on, and then another between my legs, up close to my crotch. There are also a couple of pillows behind me, for back support. But, I actually find myself rolling back onto my back, now, since it is so comfortable for me. Yeah...I know....an enormous amount of pillows and if you have to share a bed...forget it...unless you have a king size bed!
But, bottom line is, it is a trial and error situation finding your sweet spot. I hope some of this benefits you and you can finally get the sleep you need. Best of luck to you!
 
So glad to read your thread and how well you are doing! I complained about not having PT and not knowing what I should be doing, but now I think I understand. I got a really good rest and time to heal. Now that I'm back at the gym, it is pretty nice to ease back into it with nothing more than the sore muscles I'm working on. We're finally getting some rain here but the driving range is covered so I might give that a whirl today! How normal a thing to do is that? Isn't it great?
 
Here I am about to celebrate my 12 week mark on Thursday and am extremely happy to say I am back to better than 100%! I continue to be amazed at modern science and the delicate hands of Surgeons out there...especially mine. I have been back bowling twice a week for the past 3 weeks and played 18 holes of golf last week. There are so many things to be thankful for, I just can't list them all here. But the top 2 is my sweet, loving and supportive husband, who spoiled me rotten.. And this site and all the dear friends I have made throughout this process...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I now greet each day with a whole new and energized attitude, with the knowledge that "I can do it!".
I am beginning to think my husband is right.....I am an alien! I am going to contact my home planet and see if there is a way I can sprinkle healing particles over each and every one of my BS family! Best wishes to you all in your pre and post op travels!
I am loving life and now enjoying all the activities I have soooo missed the last 11 months!
:bicycle1:
 
You went golfing!! :happydance: I am SO happy for you! Your update was just the most wonderful thing to read, @Nana757. It's great to hear about a fellow hippie's awesome success story and your happiness just rolls off the screen.
Congratulations! Here's to many, many more years of pain free living, doing the things you most love to do.
You're an inspiration, friend. Big Hugs! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you so much, sweet @DeepBreath. I so wish the same success for you in your recovery now and with your next new hip. And, it looks like you are already on the right path! :)
 
Hi @Nana757 ! You did it!! You are golfing again! And not a few holes,,,,,, eighteen!!!
Knowing you, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you had a hole in one. :rotfl:
Again, I must say it. We are so fortunate to live in this day and age.. where surgeons have the best tools and skills to help us hippies!! :loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is @CricketHip and @DeepBreath, that I was so cautious about twisting my hip too much, I actually drove the ball straighter and farther than I ever have. Hubby was in awe...I actually out drove him a couple of times. Of course we don't tee off from the same tee box...but...still...I DID it!!!!
I got in touch with my planet and the healing particles are on their way!!!
 
:wowspring: So happy to read your update @Nana757 and see that you are bowling and golfing and living life.....at 12 weeks out no less! Your post gives me something to aspire to. :yes!:

Keep up the great recovery and I'll gladly take some of those healing particles! :happydance:
 
Thank you @Hipster Girl! It is a wonderful feeling knowing you can get through this surgery and the other side is so much better than you ever expected it to be. And, of course, the healing particles are on their way! :)
 
Wow @Nan757 it is so inspiring to read your post. I'm sure it is a wonderful feeling to be back golfing, and doing so well. Thank you for sharing your success and sending your special healing particles.
 
Thank you @Plum Perfect. I am truly humbled by this whole experience. I have learned that if your mind and body are healthy, you can accomplish just about anything.....and....a whole lot of faith and determination. :)
I hope you are doing well today..and do well, from here on out.
 
:giggle: OHHH @DeepBreath ... That would be fantastic! But I only expected one miracle...and I've used up my allotment already. :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom