DogTiredKnees
member
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2021
- Messages
- 138
- Age
- 60
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
Day 14
Just got back from seeing the Physio. My ROM was a very disappointing (to me) 45 degrees. On leaving hospital I got to 75 degrees, but admittedly that was with a bit of forcing as I needed to achieve this for them to send me home.
My leg is still log-like, I can’t lift it myself, need to use a strap to get it from reclining position to the floor. After completing even simple heel slides it swells up again.
The Physio said that I needed better pain management, which would enable me to push myself further. She tried forcing my leg but I told her to stop. I have an appointment with her again next week.
She was very nice, very young, but didn’t fill me with confidence. Here in the UK, there is no choice of NHS Physios, it’s pot luck who you see on the day within the hospital department.
Feeling rather down in the dumps.

Just got back from seeing the Physio. My ROM was a very disappointing (to me) 45 degrees. On leaving hospital I got to 75 degrees, but admittedly that was with a bit of forcing as I needed to achieve this for them to send me home.
My leg is still log-like, I can’t lift it myself, need to use a strap to get it from reclining position to the floor. After completing even simple heel slides it swells up again.
The Physio said that I needed better pain management, which would enable me to push myself further. She tried forcing my leg but I told her to stop. I have an appointment with her again next week.
She was very nice, very young, but didn’t fill me with confidence. Here in the UK, there is no choice of NHS Physios, it’s pot luck who you see on the day within the hospital department.
Feeling rather down in the dumps.

Last edited:
I fail to understand why anyone would think this is a good idea. You don’t have to allow this.
She got a bit flustered. I’m not sure why so many Physios are obsessed with forcing a joint to pain.
He obviously had a spinal but he kept asking her what was happening and so she'd tell him. Not sure I could do that! She's going to be helping her mother in law the last week of Oct for a week after she has a TKR. I will be curious to see if that experience brings about any changes in her rehab protocols.....
