Guest viewing is limited

TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

Thank you, @EalingGran, @Jockette, @sistersinhim and @WFD for your comments.

I should have mentioned that the referral to hydrotherapy will take a few weeks, and it is anticipated that the open section on my wound should have healed by then :fingersx: I certainly hope so!

I am feeling anxious about my knee as I seem to be going backwards, rather than forwards. It is still very stiff and painful, and I am still using 2 crutches. I know this is a slow journey, as the surgeon told me it could take up to 2 years for a full recovery. But I can’t help feeling a bit frustrated at my lack of progress.
 
It’s been a while since my last update and 7 months since the knee revision with bonus fractures. This Thursday marks the two year anniversary of the original Total Knee Replacement.

Still on 2 crutches outside as my leg remains very stiff and painful. I’m seeing the surgeon in a couple of weeks to discuss what happens next, if anything. Still feeling rather frustrated at my lack of progress.
 
Hello DogTiredKnees,
I am very sorry you continue to struggle two years post op. I hope your surgeon is able to determine the cause of your pain / stiffness and formulate a plan that will bring you permanent relief. Please let us know how your appointment goes. Wishing you the best. :console2:
@DogTiredKnees
 
oops, I mistakenly didn’t see the date of original post. Hoping all goes well for you!
 
It’s been a while since I posted and over a year since my left knee revision surgery, with bonus fractures.

Had another MUA on 17th November last year, but the surgeon was cautious because of the previous fractures and I never achieved any lasting benefit.

I’ve been referred to a Pain Clinic to help with persistent neuropathic pain, and will be having some post radiofrequency to the left L3 nerve root and a nerve block via my back soon.

Also having keyhole surgery next month to try and get rid of some of the scar tissue/adhesions which seem to be preventing my leg from bending. Still locked at around 65 degrees.

Getting a little tired of using crutches for so long :sad:
 
I’m sorry to read there hasn’t been any improvement. :console2:
 
Hello DogTiredKnees,
So sorry to read you’re still struggling. I hope the pain clinic is able to help you.
Wishing you a trouble free process and a successful outcome with the keyhole surgery next month. Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.
@DogTiredKnees
 
Good luck.
I do hope the combination of the keyhole surgery and the pain clinic bring you some lasting relief and benefit.
All best wishes.
 
You have certainly been through it, haven't you? I pray for your keyhole surgery is successful.
 
Back
Top Bottom