Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is difficult and without info.the brain.shoots off usually down a dark alley. Wait till you know hoping its good news got fingers crossed

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I've just had a relaxing hour soak in the bath. Bliss. I managed to get in and out without putting much weight on my left leg, I've had plently of practise the last few years. I've got upper body strength from using the two crutches for over 4 1/2years. Both legs definitely are in alignment now in their natural position. My left knee which is an non rotating fixed hinge, now rotates. I am laying in bed now resting and hopefully I may doze off. Yes please.
 
Sleep didn't come. I'm downstairs now watching the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra New Year's Day Concert on the television for a change of scenery. I haven't even got dressed today. Counting down the days until next week. Trying to stay off leg as much as possible. We were planning to go up to SW Scotland for a couple of days tomorrow but have had to scrap that idea. Glad it is very wet at the moment or else I would have been more upset about it. Never thought I would still have problems in 2015 when I started on this long journey.
 
Same here, I do not have the problems you have but still have problems none the less.
I was hoping 2015 would be better for my knee.
I hear you about canceling trips, we have had to put off several because of my knee.
With the bad weather it is for the best.
Hoping you find some answers next week about what is going on with your knee.
 
@Pumpkln it is hard when it goes on and on like this. I hope we can both get a better outcome and continue with our lives as we would like to not ruled by our knees.
 
Getting worse, leg now aches all the time and is very stiff. I am getting cabin fever. Hubby is being overprotective and says no to everything I suggest. Don't think I have enough bend now to go on scooter. Certainly if I have brace on I can't. I have probably lost around 40 degrees of flexion. I stay out of hyperextention, that really hurts and I don't want to do any more damage to my leg. When I went to docs I only just managed the front passenger seat. I still have wheelchair with straight leg lift. I am glad we kept everything.

Hubby suggests that I ring consultant's secretary mid morning on Monday to give her chance to sort fax. I have an afternoon appointment at his hospital to see pain management scheduled so I hope someone will be available to see me to set the ball rolling to sort this out. Christmas/New Year is definitely not the time to get problems.
 
Good luck for Monday. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this. Wish I could help. :console2:
 
Thanks @kneeper. Today is 7 months since our op. I was in tears this afternoon the pain was so bad. Only a few days now.
 
Oh @busylizzie

I just popped in to say hi and I am so sorry to read of your discomfort. Sending you a ((((big hug))) and let you know I'm here for you x x x

Love Ann x
 
I am so sorry to read what you're going through, hugs. xx
 
Oh lizzbizz I'm.sorry you feel bad I realluly hope things get better if not kick numpty nigel

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you all. Just to make matters worse my fibromyalgia has kicked in big style today. I am still in bed.
 
Trying to stay off painkillers for my tum. Usually very gentle exercise like walking helps but can't do at the moment. I think my new med may have triggered it as yesterday wasn't good either but not as bad as today. I am so sensitive to any meds particularly oral ones. Meds have triggered it in the past. It is hit and miss what triggers it. I will stop this new one and see if it improves.
 
Long soak in a warm bath has worked wonders again. Fibromyalgia has eased off thank goodness. I am laying on my bed again resting and relaxing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom