Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take back what I said yesterday. I had a really rough night with very little sleep. I couldn't get comfortable. This surgery has to happen soon. OK I know that I have to be patient and I'm nearly there, but the nights just aren't good. The days I can cope with. I know that I wasn't good last night as I woke hubby and he sleeps through almost anything, snores too, but that is another story. At least after the next surgery, although I won't be good initially, I will be on an upward path towards recovery. I've already waited twice as long as I was told originally. Its like treading water and getting nowhere at the moment. My scar is healing only to be cut open again. It will be the 6th cut on my knee and the 5th on the same scar line. Sorry I'm just feeling negative at the moment, it WILL pass, I think that I'm just exhausted now. Sometimes it helps to just get it off your chest. I am thinking of having a ritual brace burning at the end of this. I have quite a few worn out ones!

I don't think I will hear anything now to next week. Consultant is only at Wrightington Monday and Wednesdays, some weeks not that.

On a positive note I went down to the bottom of the garden just now. Quite a mean feat on 2 crutches as it is 50 metres down a one in five slope. I wanted to see how hubby was getting on building a new retaining wall. This is only the 4th time down since last November. I have to wait until the grass is dry as it gets very slippy down there. It was lovely to see the flowers in bloom and hear the birds singing. I do miss not being able to garden. Well I'm back to resting now to get over the excertion it needed. Hayfever is still bothering me but not as bad now.

I'm keeping my mind occupied most of the time trying to stay positive. I've been doing quite a lot of hand stitching.
 
@Pumpkln I finally found you! I am sorry it has taken me so long. Finding and connecting with so many on their own threads is a challenge for me but I am gradually getting it. So your revision was 5 days after my RTKR. Do you ice a lot? I feel it is all I do. I dislike daytime t.v. So much as others have expressed. Do you have things you do as you ice? (Other than time on bonesmart like me :yes:. ). I used to do needlework years ago, but just not into it anymore. Hope your day is fairly pain free.
 
Sorry to hear you had rough nites sleep, I was that way before my revision. Sleep is not perfect, but I do have more good nights than bad, a big step in the right direction.
I like the idea of a brace burning :good-bad:, lets have a big bonfire at a beautiful beach.
Keeping my fingers crossed your surgery will be as scheduled :fingersx:.
I would love to walk in our garden, for now I can enjoy it from the window or the deck.
Hope you sleep well tonight,:sleep:
 
@hopefaith ,
This is Busylizzie's thread, but you did find me, we were posting here at the same time.
My thread is the blue link in my signature.
I ice a lot, and spend tons of time on Bonesmart, read a little, I do watch some TV, we DVR our favorite programs so can watch when I feel like it.
Thanks Busylizzie for letting us borrow your thread for a moment,
 
WOW. and I was looking for Busy Lizzie's thread too. So sorry. @busylizzie I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I will be praying for you. I think those days before surgery are oh SO hard. It is also hard when you need someone to be there to hold your hand and tell you it'll be okay and they are not able, for whatever reason, to do that for you. I truly know. (as I said in I think my thread, or nana moon's) I realize my situation is much more dire, but I really know the feeling of when you need someone the most, they aren't there. I am coming to the realization and I would like to share it with you, because of what you said yesterday. I really believe it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with YOU. It is their own inability to know even HOW to do that for someone. And Oh how it hurts. I have so many stories over the past month (and even longer, but this past month brought it to a head.) of this very thing. It's like there is a block and in my situation, he had no idea how to deal with emotions. So much more, but I don't want to rant on this site, or your thread anymore. xx~hopefaith~
 
Hi @busylizzie I'm sorry you are in such pain, it so drags you down. I'm glad to hear you got down your garden, wow, 1:5 slope, that's a mean feat without crutches. Well done you. It is lovely pay to get out there and hear the birds singing, admire the flowers. Unfortunately to my own detriment, I get in my garden and cannot help myself. I emerge like 21/2 hours later and pay for it all night! I find it therapeutic like you do with your stitching x x anyway, I'm sending you a big hug and thanks for yr support about my upcoming procedure. Thank you so much xoxox
 
I had a much better night last night, but I did take a sleeping tablet. Its like emergency rations, I only use them when absolutely necessary. I feel a bit hung over, but not as tired. Ready to face a new day. I hate this yo-yoing with my emotions. I'm resigned now that the op probably won't go ahead on the 2nd. If it does it will be great.

There are only 9 working days left to finalise the design, manufacture and ship the implant. Monday 26 May is a bank holiday here and businesses close for the day.

The saving grace is that I had my pre-op last week and this only lasts 6 weeks. So I've only got a 2 week delay before I have to have another one. I don't think they will want to do another. However, they book surgery 6 weeks in advance!
 
Hoping they can finish that implant in time. Hopefully you won't have too much delay to have your stage 2 revision completed.
 
Thank you all for your kind wishes. I'm still shattered but in better spirits.

Pumkln a big bonfire on a beautiful beach for by braces sounds idyllic. I know such beaches, but they're in SW Scotland. I would love to be there now. I can but dream.
 
@busylizzie thinking of you just SO much. It is absolutely okay to feel down and tell us. We care and want to hear. What a roller coaster you have been on. Hugs.
~hopefaith
 
I do so hope you don't have any further delays.

After 4 lovely days in Venice we're now in a little village near to Sarah, Devid and Sofia, staying at an agroturismo. The nearest equivalent we have in England would be a farmhouse B and B but that doesn't do it justice at all. It's an old family farmhouse set in its own forest and the owners have converted the barn into 3 immaculate double rooms. The breakfast they provide is enormous, with most of the produce coming from their own chickens, bees, fruit trees and vegetable patch. It has only be opened for 3 months so there haven't been many visitors yet, but I'm sure when word gets around it will be very popular. Free bike hire is included in the price and I was delighted yesterday to be able to ride a 'normal' bike again - the first time for about 8 years! Fortunately it is very flat round here unlike at home in hilly Yorkshire. The owners speak no English so hopefully our very rusty Italian will improve during the next two weeks.

Sofia went down with chicken pox on Friday but was still delighted to see her Granny and Gramps when we arrived yesterday. The timing of our visit may be fortuitous as she won't be able to go to nursery this week so I am going to called upon for some Sofia sitting while Sarah and Devid are at work. What a shame!!

Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for 2 June. Linda x
 
Coppernob it sounds idyllic. Hope little one doesn't get the chickenpox bad. Our grandson got it whilst we were all on holiday in Kelso and wasn't ill with it apart from the spots. Grandaughter got it when we got back and was a lot worse.

I'm shattered the grandchildren have just left. We have had them all weekend, mum and dad went to a wedding where the children weren't invited. Hubby has done the running about, feeding and bathing, but I've had to be there playing with them. I had to get up at 7am this morning, which after not much sleep was hard. Little boy was up twice in the night but his sister slept through after both of them going to sleep late last night. They haven't had a sleep over since my op last November and they were very excited. I'll be going to bed soon to recuperate! I enjoy having them but I end up absolutely worn out.

I'm going to ring again tomorrow to see if there is any news, the longer I don't hear the less likely it will be the 2nd of June. Just wish I knew one way or the other. It has been hot here this weekend and my brace has been very uncomfortable keeping the heat in.
 
Your weekend sounds like lots of fun with the kids, sad when they leave, but then you realize you need a rest.
Hoping you hear good news tomorrow that you are on for surgery.
 
25 weeks post op today. I'm in a mess. I feel so tired. My whole body hurts which is a fibromyalgia flare up. I probably did too much this last weekend, but did very little walking and weight bearing on my left leg. Last night my left leg hurt a lot around where my knee should be and kept me awake. It is warm this morning and swollen and still hurts. I think the spacer has moved again, its that type of pain. I've struggled to shower just now. I'm now resting and elevating, the way I spend most days.

I've tried ringing for news on the implant but can't get through at the moment. I'll keep trying. I just want to know one way or the other if it is a goer for the 2nd.

Sorry for the moan as usual. Its a lovely day here today and I'm stuck again not being able to go out and enjoy it.
 
Just got through to secretary on the phone. Apparently there was a lot of information going backwards and forwards between the hospital and the rep at the end of last week. They haven't ruled it out yet for a 2nd June op. They will let me know as soon as there is any news. Still don't know what they are going to put in.
 
Just had confirmation it will be the 2nd June!!!! :yes!: :happydance::yay::dancy::spin:Still don't know what they are putting in. They will be in touch.
 
Gets better, secretary been in touch again. I'm seeing surgeon on Friday to discuss op and find out about implant.:happydance:

Still feeling rough and in pain but happy:spin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom