Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello @DogLoverx3 ,@dogwheels, @Ellejay @Chihuahuan, @glazed151, @sez22 @Karringtyn @Yorkshiregal54 @yiayia3 @tashia and anyone else you're most welcome!

Ouch, ouch and double ouch!! I woke up this morning lying on my operated leg, not a problem usually but my leg and body were twisted at a funny angle. My back, hip and knee hurt. I am doing gentle knee bends while I'm doing this post on the bed but golly it's so stiff!!!!! I'm going to have to increase my pain meds today. Before I do that I got to try and get downstairs to do my breakfast. My leg is swollen and my knee is very stiff I can tell by these bends. Got that tight wide band feeling. So I'll fetch my ice up with me too x x x i hope everyone is ok today and managed to get some sleep. Mine was cat naps again but better than nothing xxxxxx

Please have a great day everyone. Tashia good luck with your op x
 
Ooh, that sounds painful @Nana moon 27, I hope you improve very soon.
I didn't get much sleep at all last night, I was still awake at 4 am so I'm really tired. Luckily not much on today so I can take it easy.
Have a good day. Xx
 
Hi @Ellejay I. Sorry you didn't get much sleep either it's awful isn't it x I have the same here an easy day. It's raining here x so I don't have the urge to go out ha ha xxxx
 
It is easier to stay at home when it's raining @Nana moon 27, I did enjoy my walk yesterday, the sunshine was glorious, but I did pay for it last night . Have a good rest today.
I had planned to defrost my freezer today, there is more ice than food in it at present. I usually do this on a snowy day in winter and bag all the food up and leave it in the snow, but that just hasn't happened this year and I just can't put it off any longer. I'll see how I feel later.
 
Hi all the sun has come out and it's lovely. I may take more pain relief and just get out there!!!! Xxxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 I wonder if instead of increasing your pain meds --as you do so want to get off them--is to ice and elevate for the day to see if that solves the problem. I found that once I had stretched everything out the pain slowly resolved itself. Hopefully you can get off the morphia soon :)
We have a busy with grandkids…...:dancy::spin:
 
Hi @Chihuahuan I decided to take low dose and rest. It is aching but not unbearable. I am seeing GP in morning so fingers crossed. I've been on this morphine since the end of last August going into beginning ofSeptember xxxxx
 
Holy smokes Nana, if your doctor doesn't take you off the morphine tomorrow, I'm going to fly over there and kick him with my good leg. There has GOT to be something else he can switch you to. I can't believe he's kept you on it that long. Everything loses it's effectiveness over time and as our bodies get used to it, so it's just common sense to keep switching up meds (especially when you're on highly addictive ones). Sorry, getting off my soap box now.....

No going outside silly one. If your knee is being a poop, then as hard as it is to forgo a sunny day, you need to ice and elevate. I know, I know.....just do it. :angel:I just wrote a post to you on my thread. Great minds must think alike!
 
I reneged on going out for walk. Went to father in laws for half hour. That was enough. I just posted you on
your thread x icing and elevating as I speak xxxxxc:puppysmooze:
 
Goodnight all. I have an early appointment with doc to beg to come off morphine. I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready now for this appointment. Have done hair, makeup, going to get dressed out of joggers for once! It's all a front to give me confidence to deal with my GP this morning.

@tashia I hope your op has gone well and I'll catch you later.

Everyone I will let you know the outcome on my return lol x x x x x x x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My GP has absolutely refused to take me off the morphine! His argument was that why take me off something that is working for my pain, I show no symptoms of addiction because I still feel pain on my lower dose. Apparently you're addicted if you go asking for he meds when your not in pain. I said I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to feel like this. He didn't want to put me on any of my previous pain meds because of the fact that I became immune to them and he's concerned that they might not work and doesn't want me suffering unnecessarily. I said but I am back at work in four weeks and my second job involves driving with my wits about me because of the poor deprived inner city areas that I have to go work in and the maniac drivers that I have to deal with too. They either are driving illegally or high on drugs/drink! You know what he said? He said don't be worrying about that, if you are not ready to go back at that point in my opinion, work will have to wait for you until you are completely ready.. You have just undergone major surgery and are trying to so too much too soon. (Oh no I'm not!). So he has told me to variate to suit the pain level but to try and cut it down further as the pain lessens x x x got to go back just before my sick note runs out in four weeksxxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I'm sorry Anne, I know you were hoping to come off the morphine. How would you feel about not returning to work if he's prepared to sign you off for longer? How about returning for the start of the summer term? I know it's a completely different issue about the morphine, I don't know what to say over that problem, if he has refused to take you off it I'm not sure there is anything you can do.
Have a restful day xx Lyn
 
Hi @Ellejay, my boss was fantastic before Christmas and even grounded me for the last few weeks of term from the driving and had me doing extra cover for absent colleagues etc. She told me she does not want me back before I am properly ready. Sick pay will still be full because I only took three days off last year when it completely went! I am not one for going off sick I drag myself in even when I shouldn't some times but it's important that the students esp. the young age I teach get continuity x I'm disappointed because I was hoping to drive but at least I know I can manoeuvre it ok with no pain on the brake! So I can do that x x x I think actually the doc is right because I became immune to Tramadol, co codamol , dihydrocodiene the lot.
 
Oh my goodness - I am so sorry. I really thought that he would want to get you off the morphine asap now - especially as you got such a good report from the consultant.
I don't want to sound negative, but is he normally a good GP? He seems kind, but is it just that if he keeps the status quo with your medication, he thinks you will go away and not cause him further problems? Having been off the other meds for a while may mean that they will now be an effective alternative to the morphine for you, at this later stage in your recovery. What if you are starting to develop an immunity to the morphine?
He seems to be considerate pain-wise and willing to sign you off further if necessary - but that isn't what you wanted, is it?
Looks as though he has pushed the ball back into your court for you to adjust your dosage as necessary and make the big decisions.
It must be really frustrating work wise - but don't push yourself too soon, especially with the other knee being a nuisance. Is it worth being proactive and having a chat with your boss now - so that your workload can be a bit less demanding when you do go back? Or as Lyn says, suck it up and agree to go back for the summer term - pain free and ready for action.
Take care - I'm thinking of you.
X
 
He is an excellent GP that can never do enough for me. He always gives advice and tries to make sure that I have good care. I think he is right in as much as the morphine is doing the job. He has asked me to trust his judgement so that's what I am doing rightly or wrongly. I did try and fight my corner, this is the second time in two weeks. However, I feel reassured knowing I'm not addicted to them. I knew this really because I don't like the fuzziness it is not pleasant xxxx I think Lynne may be right that I need to suck it up and go back later x x x
 
I don't like your doctor. I know you trust him and want to believe in what he says, but even though you're not 'addicted', the longer you stay on any narcotic drug, the harder it will be to stop taking it. :-( Sounds like it's going to be up to you to wean yourself off of the morphine. :-( Do you currently take Tylenol too (or whatever it's called over there?). Do you have any old prescriptions laying around of Tramadol or anything else that 'used' to work for you? Since you haven't taken any of 'those others' in over 6 months, maybe it's time to give them a shot again as since your system is now free from them, they may start working again! Just my uneducated and unasked for 2 cents ;-) xoxoxoxo
 
Back
Top Bottom