Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

THREE broken bones? *counts on fingers* femur, tibia, and ummmm

Joking aside, this proves the comment in the mantra
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again

:snork:
 
Sorry @Josephine I thought there were two bones side by side beneath the knee. Think I'll stick to the childcare lecturing in future lol x x x x
 
Can relate to the over doing it. Had physio on Wednesday then went shopping. Not a good move.Had Grandkids Thursday and Friday went to hairdressers and out for dinner yesterday. Wondered why my knee was swollen and painful! Had a bad night. Will I ever learn!

Well today will rest ice and elevate.

nana moon glad I'm not the only one
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am uncomfortable so will take it easy today. Already done gentle exercises on my bed to get movement back into my knee/leg. Took pain meds but upped it by 10 mg propped up with the usual paracetamol. I am not suffering just because I am trying to reduce my pain meds so doc will give me alternative. I am seeing him on Wednesday morning.

I'm a little bit down today but I think that is more to do with the pain than anything else!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought there were two bones side by side beneath the knee.
There are, the tibia and the fibula. But the fibula is not involved in the knee joint at all.

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


Think it's the funny bone!

No, that's the bone in the upper arm - called the humerus! (get it - humer - humour!)

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!



(here endeth the first lesson!)
 
Well I'm proper fed up. I'm over tired my leg and calf still swollen so I'm going to have a nap x x x x x
 
Naps are very good! Take one for me too! I think I managed to wrack up a whopping 2 hours of sleep last night. I'm sorry that you're having an off day and that your leg/knee is not behaving. Mine's been giving me fits all week. I hope you feel better and are able to rest my friend. xoxoxo
 
Hi everyone I hope that you are all,well and doing okay. I saw yet anther consultant but she was fantastic. She sat and listened to my worries. My knee and leg were swollen but amazingly I could bend it and everything, how bizarre. She thinks I am doing fantastically well physically so that means most of my problems are psychological. I have to up my confidence again too! As regards my left knee it has osteoarthritis in it. It is very worn in one side and she thinks this may respond to injections. I explained I am in no actual pain with this it just goes. So,she is going to review it at the six month checkup with another X-ray to check the rate of deterioration she has told me to try and strengthen the muscles in that leg as much as possible which I have agreed to do. I'm exhausted so I. Lying on my bed elevating and ting before my friend gets here xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 great news so pleased all went well must make you feel better, have my appointment next Tuesday still aching today so not doing a lot have a good day Terri
 
Yey @Nana moon 27 ! Are you allowed to request which consultants you see? Maybe you can get her again next time! I'm SO glad that she was positive and encouraging. That really does make a huge difference. I hope you have a nice visit with your friend today! Oh, and as for your left knee, I bet you've got a long way to go before needing to really worry about it. You have all the fun injections yet to try! As horrifying as a needle in your knee joint sounds, they're really not 'that' bad. Please, you just had TKR surgery, do you think a little needle will cause you pain at this point? :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah @DogLoverx3 again you made me laugh our loud when I read your post! You are so right I've been to hades and back and I'm worrying over a blooming needle - ridiculous and actually laughable !!! Especially when I had to inject my stomach every night myself with anticoagulant after my op for ten days!!!

My friend has gone it was great to see her. She said she thinks I am doing really well because I answered the door with no stick!!! We had a laugh and put the world to rights!!!

I feel better mentally and tbh the lady consultant is right I think about the psychological side of the recovery. I did ask if it would be her again for my next appointment and she said yes. I really liked her because she was straight to the point but caring with it. The left knee is very worn on one side but it's not bone on bone thankfully. She will check on my 6 month appointment with an X-ray to check for deterioration use to the osteoarthritis in it. She also said not to get rid of the sticks completely yet.

All in all I feel happier now. My X-ray on the operated leg was great. It is very straight and she was pleased with that too. My knee and leg are still swollen. I asked her about the puckering at the top of the scar and she said that it is fluid and should be gone by my next appointment. Upwards and onwards (hopefully) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
Terrific appointment --your new consultant suits you well! Both my home PT and family doctor talked about the "Brain" side of recovery --made a huge difference in how I approached things. I've also been there once before and know that none of the discomfort lasts forever. You end up with a new normal that takes a bit of getting used to. It helps to have a distraction -- I plan trip details as we book about a year ahead of time. It gives me a lovely goal that is achievable. Have a good rest of the day :)
 
Hi @Chihuahuan you are right. Today has made me try a be a bit more of a can do. I just walked round to the corner shop with my husband without the stick. I managed but had to hold on to home once or twice because the frontages to the shops are atrocious because they were never meant for cars to drive on and park they were created for people to walk on!! The one van was all but in the shop doorway, muppets they are sometimes. It was hard to squeeze past x x x x another milestone achieved x x x x thanks for your support x x x x
 
Well done on your walk minus stick @Nana moon 27, it's not easy is it?
@Chihuahuan, I know exactly what you mean about the pleasure of planning a trip. I was so delighted to get a date today from my OS for my next procedure, now we can start to plan our summer in France. Can't wait!
Let's hope we can all manage to sleep tonight, I certainly need it, I had very little last night.
 
A late night hello @Nana moon 27. Wow! What a great day for you today. You must be so pleased. Congratulations! There will be no holding you now .....

Positive feedback at physio, she says I am progressing very well with steady improvement each week. As a reward she moved the bike seat right forward, and went away and left me pedalling. Urrgghh.... She is strict and no nonsense, but she freely admitted that 'knee replacement is a nasty, nasty painful procedure'. No sh*t Sherlock - and there was me having a ball and thoroughly enjoying myself! Excuse the sarcasm.

Came home, had lunch and crashed for 3 hours .....

Daughter came this evening for my awaited 'trotter treatment'. Utter bliss - long, long foot massage and I am now sporting bright pink toenails - my feet finally look more normal and not so medical, despite the recent bruising that came out. Hurrah.
Have been sewing all evening.
All in all a pretty good day for us all it seems.
X
 
Back
Top Bottom