Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Oh no! I'm so sorry :(
It's so easy to overdo though, no matter how many times we are told not to!
I think it's just the nature of the beast, wanting to do more more more!
I hope you are able to find relief soon!
Hugs!


Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Hanging out in bed with ice. I also had a lousy night of barely any sleep. I despise having to sleep on my back and find myself struggling to sleep on my side. I am okay for a few minutes and then it makes the knee twinge, so I'm repositioning again....
Hopefully by the time you need to head to pt you will have gotten the pain under control. Make sure you are vocal about your rough day though...sounds like an easy pt session is needed.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
@glazed151 I definitely cannot overdo things tomorrow. It's bad enough today. I can't face another wrecked weekend because of my foolishness trying to prove myself fitter than I actually am, not wanting to appear like a woos to the others. I guess if I'm honest in this group PT I kind of try to be the best, a bit of an alpha female (not good)! It seems to bring out my worst side of competitiveness! Who knows why? So I've promised myself this week I will be good x x x x x
 
These sessions are not a competition that's why I don't get why I'm like I am there x
 
I wonder how many of the others in your group are doing/thinking the same things? I only have 1 on 1 with my pt so I have no experience with a group pt session. It does sure seem as though it would set up a competition feel though!
Is this how pt is typically done in the UK?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
I think it's more to do with this enhanced recovery programme they're trialling over here!! Some of it is too much too soon! Others in the UK seem to be doing same. My first two sessions were 1:1 then after that group.
Weird!!!
 
I haven't had any 1:1 sessions just 1 group session then another one in 3 weeks time , all home exercises . X
 
Hi all

@Ellejay 95 rom is fine. I'm a week ahead of you. Mine is only 100 with 7 degree straight. But I keep saying this we are all different in our recovery xxx
@Chihuahuan I am sure that your grandchildren will give you plenty of exercise tomorrow!!!! Mine always do!!!
@yiayia3 I totally agree with what you put on your post I'm In Two minds too. My appointment for PT is 10am tomorrow. Dreading it cos I'm really stiff todayxxxxx
 
@yiayia3 I always loosened up in PT. The stiffness does eventually go away but it's a slow process then all of a sudden it feels different…..the swelling is the same way….
Hope you all have a good night. :zzz:
 
For goodness sake it's 3.40 am I have cat napped for about an hour and now I'm wide awake this is blooming ridiculous!!!! I'm all but crawling the walls. Thank goodness for the limericks on the social site and a download of missing objects xxxxxx I've got physio this morning x
 
Ahhh, I was curious about you @Nana moon 27 ....
Here you are.
I see you are recovering from knee. Good for you. Seems you are doing great!
My hip is in April sometime.
Haha ... I liked the supremo limericko. Cute.....
 
Hi everyone. I am dreading PT this morning. I've hardly had any sleep. I now feel ready to sleep but its time to get up. My knee is very stiff and swollen, I am worn out. I hope though, that you all managed to get some sleep and are all ok this morning. I will post later x hugs to you all x I'm taking a very low dose of morphine now 20mg am and the same pm, and I think that's why my knee is hurting. I do prop it up on 4x2 paracetamol per day as well.
 
Hi @Ellejay I have been going to to the local pool, and is not too bad. It's indoor and is heated but still cool. Have a look at ymca's they have some hydrotherapy pools and are a bit cheaper.
 
Thank you @sez, that's a helpful hint, I will look. Someone suggested I use the local pool at a quiet time of day and hop into the baby pool, it's heated to a much higher temperature than the main pool- seems a reasonable idea.
 
Hope you come home from your pt without horrible pain NM 27. I also have a session later today. I am supposed to find out about my first pool therapy hour.
Sleep wasn't to be had for me either last night. It certainly is one of the more aggravating side effects of this whole thing isn't it?


Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom