Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

So happy for you --I feel sore when I'm sitting down or lying in bed --walking no pain at all! Need to ask my doc about this…Ladies figure skating on TV today so I need to get comfy for that.
Have a good day...
 
Right everyone! Lunch was a brilliant success, I really enjoyed it and I didn't have to phone my husband to come get me. My friend brought me home instead!!!

It was so nice, great company, we had a laugh, moan, out the world to rights. The food was gorgeous and the hostess had a suite that had extending leg rests. Perfect, so I could ice my leg while being sociable.

I am seriously tired so I just put on my fleecy jamas and got on the bed and checked for posts. I may fall asleep!!!

I'm now looking forward to coffee tomorrow with my other friend!!!! It's done my confidence good to go out like this. I only took and used one stick and then no sticks once I was inside the house!! They were amazed at this and said lovely positive things to me about it. No stupid dumb a*** remarks!!! They all said one thing in common - don't come back to work until you are completely ready!!! So I won't!!!!

I will have to go back though I am the only wage earner in my house!!!

Chat later love Nana moon 27
 
Great news so pleased you had a good time.Had the group p.t today and it went well, amazed I did 10 mins on the bike and told not to use the stick anymore( no sure about this) will see, anyway feeling brighter now feet up and resting speak later
 
Hi @yiayia3, mmmmmm the PT wants you to give up your stick. To be honest hang on. Little while longer. You are almost certain to need it when you go out or if your leg/knee gets tired or achy!! I don't use mine around the house. I take one with me for physio as sometimes I tend to over do it and I need it because if the tiredness!!! 10 mins on the bike sounds an awful lot. I'm only allowed 3 mins and that kills me and others !!! I'm glad you are resting and that it went well. Post you later love .Nan moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - so glad that your lunch was such a success. It must have done wonders for your confidence and took your mind off everything that has been going on. A lovely dollop of normality and your friends sound like real friends - perfect!
As for you @yiayia3 you seem to be doing brilliantly - your strength must be good to do 10mins on the bike so I am not surprised they suggested ditching the stick. But like NM27 - I think I would want it close to hand if I was doing something unknown or particularly strenuous. In the short term, at least. Wow what an achievement!
I have been quite lazy again today - but got a huge pile of paperwork done and caught up on overdue correspondence, then had a LONG phone call with an old friend. Walked around the block on my own (husband asleep and snoring in front of the TV) - yay - I escaped!. Not for long but I felt like me again and not like an invalid that had managed slip out unseen - sexy TEDs were a bit of a give away though.
The bicycle pedals are mocking me from the Breakfast Room - I know I have to try and use them, but it was not nice on the bike on Monday and I have only just managed to get the swelling down again. Still I cannot be a wuss and will have to just have a gentle go and see what happens.
All my good friends live a long way away - so there's no chance of meeting up until I am a bit more mobile and feel up to a 2 hours plus car journey. Only friend living nearby has gone to USA for a few weeks - but will look forward to seeing her when she gets back. Still I am lucky my daughter visits every night.
Take care all, have a good evening and rest up from your busy days. Hope your coffee trip is as successful tomorrow NanaMoon.
ChrisX
 
I have a collapsible cane that I haul around for those just-in-case moments. Makes me feel a little more secure…:dancy:
 
It seems to have been a fairly good day for all of us today, long may it continue.
@Nana moon 27, I'm so glad you had a good time at lunch time, I just love getting together with girl friends for a natter. It does help to take our minds off our knees for a while.
Ten minutes on the bike @yiayia3, that is fantastic, well done! I was going to boast that I managed to pedal the bike for the first time, but I'll crawl away to my own thread to do that :whistle:
@dogwheels, I've come up with a crafty plan for disguising the sexy TEDs, I wear my ordinary socks on top! My PT thought I'd managed to buy black ones today, I had to show her that the horrid white ones were underneath to prove I was wearing them. They can come off on Saturday :yay: -I can't wait!
Have a lovely evening everyone.
xx
 
Glad everyone had a good day agree about the stick I still think I need it sometimes I think p.t pushed me a bit the other 2 were a lot older and did very little will make sure I rest up tomorrow
 
@Nana moon 27. Nothing like a girls day out. Good for you. You sound so upbeat and positive.
So glad everything went well.
My big outing today was to PT. I tried a new exercise where my therapist
Gently pushed my knee back and held a few seconds to start getting the bend motion. As Im telling him it's hurting ( but a good hurt) he said think if something good, my reply was oh ok my hands around your throat chuckles from him. I have also gone on bike for 10 mins but haven't done full rotation. I just rock my legs to get more motion. Feels good I even do it at home.
Now time for ice, elevate and a little nap before the boy toy ( he's 70) makes me dinner.
This part I can get used to.
Hope everyone has a good day/night depending on what side of the world you live in.
 
Hi @susanne I'm glad your PT went well!! They do try to push you but you soundalike you wouldn't do anything daft and wreck your progress. That's what I have to make sure of this Friday. I cannot have another weekend wrecked through PT! I get carried away!!!

Yes, my day was amazing and being amongst positive upbeat colleagues/friends was good for my mental health definitely. They were so amazed at how well they thought I was doing which immediately made me feel, yes I'm doing ok, despite heat and swelling! One who saw me a couple of weeks back at home was genuinely amazed at my improvement. So all in all we. Had a great day putting the world to right, catching up on each other's lives it was brilliant! I don't feel so bad about returning to work in a few weeks now because I know I am not just with colleagues but friends too!!!

Anyway, you enjoy the rest of your evening? And enjoy your dinner xoxoxoxo
 
Hi @yiayia3 good for you recognising that you were being pushed. At least you're level headed enough to deal with it and do the mantra!!!!

Hope your night is ok and you get some sleep. I was so exhausted from going out earlier I slept for two and a half hours so I doubt if sleep will come any time soon!!!!

Speak tomorrow

Love Nana moon 27
 
Hi everyone! I'm still in my upbeat mood and sooo happy!!! Thank you for all your posts, they are so appreciated!
@dogwheels yes, watch that bike. I still have not worked out whether it was 3 mins cycling full rotations or the leg lunges that messed my knee up for the weekend. I suspect the latter!!! I responded to a limerick but nothing's coming of it yet but hey it's early! Another tip re the teds! Black opaque tights also cover them! Great with a black skirt or dress!! Has to be 70'denier!

@Ellejay, mentally I'm in a better place which is directly impacting on my physical well being!!! And well done on that bike too!!!!!!!!

Catch you later love Nana moon27
 
Hello @susanne
Loved your comment to your therapist - at least he had the grace to chuckle. I think mine has had a humour bypass.
Sounds like they do the same exercise but completely opposite with me - gripping behind my knee and pulling it forward - thankfully it doesn't hurt just feels a bit weird.
Glad that you are still on a high from your outing @nana Moon and hope tomorrow's coffee is just as good. I have a date with the dishwasher repair man tomorrow (deep joy) first call is 7am so I am praying my slot is further on in the day - just cant face it that early.
Just heard from a good friend who is planning on making a big detour on Friday so she can come and visit me. Yay! Just hoping that she can fit it in before I have to head off for yet more hydro late Friday afternoon.

Well good night/day all - hope you enjoyed your meal Susanne - think tonight's Thai curry was a mistake, big time indigestion!
Talk again soon
X
 
@dogwheels how lovely your friend is putting herself out and coming to see you I think that is truly wonderful. I can't imagine facing a dishwasher repair man at the ungodly hour,like you say let's hope he comes later!!! I'm sorry y got indigestion yuk. I seem to get it very easily these days since surgery!!!! I hope you feel better soon love Nana moon27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been MIA. I needed a few days to get my self sorted out.
Friday was an awful day. PT was no more strenuous than normal but I was just really tight and swollen. ROM was 95 and that for some reason just seemed so awful. My pt told me to go home and do absolutely nothing all weekend. So that's exactly what I did. I stayed in bed with ice for 2 days straight. I bawled to hubby that I wished I'd never had the surgery. Well....I woke up Monday feeling pretty good but took it easy doing a few slides and nothing else. Tuesday I woke with a different knee. I felt so great that we decided to take advantage of it and do a bit of shopping for my daughter's upcoming 17th birthday. Well...got home 6 hours later and I was still nearly 100% pain free! I thought perhaps I'd wake today and really be sore, but no!
Today was pt and I'm at 105 ROM!
I am so glad that I am nearly giddy lol! I really believe that those couple of days doing nothing made a big difference.
Loved reading through the posts! Big high 5 ' for everyone! Dare I say it's been a nice stretch for many of us?!
Weather wise I'm in the midst of yet another snowstorm! ! Will it ever end??
Big hugs everyone :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @glazed151 I'm glad you managed to sort your knee out. I think I am probably right in saying that we have all gone through the I wish I'd never had it done stage - I certainly did!!! However, as you have discovered the less is more works. I feel like I have turned a corner in recovery now. Sleep is still a bit if an issue it's 4.30 am here and I'm awake although I have catnapped x x x x x sorry to hear about the snow how frustrating. Thankfully that rain we've been having has abated for the last two days and some of this awful floods are beginning to recede. The poor people now are having a battle with insurance companies etc it is disgusting!!!!!

It's lovely to hear from you and even lovelier that you're doing so well

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Good morning everyone I hope you all had a restful night. My was insomniaville again!!! I've woken up feeling tired, knee is swollen but in still going for coffee although I am not in the mood !!! I will post when I come back. Looking forward to your posts too

Love Nana moon 27
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - sorry you were 'Sleepless in Solihull' - but hope you managed to get enough sleep to keep you going through your coffee outing this morning.
Stupid repair man was supposed to give me 30 mins heads up, but at 8.10 he was 'just round the corner'. Husband was still asleep, so I had to throw some clothes on and grump my way downstairs and oversee the repair. Somehow the reset button had tripped - he reset it and I was £99 worse off. Grrrr.... I was really in 'Knee Replacement Patient from Hell' mode this morning, so demanded he showed me how to reset in case it happened again.
Have good days everyone and talk later
X
 
Just got in from having coffee. It was lovely to have normal conversation again! My friend and I had so much catch up to do that the time absolutely flew by!!! We used to work together in my previous job and have always remained in touch by text or email, although we don't see each other very often.

I would have been well hacked off with the repairman too! But at least you know now how to save £99.00!!!! I've just had my caravan site rent bill in ouch!!! To be paid in 28 days. There are new owners, new rules and no early payment discount any more. Still I guess they start as they mean to go on!!!!!!!!

My head is very fuzzy because I didn't sleep this morning after taking morphine and paracetamol which i usually do. So @dogwheels what you on about I'm a supremo? I'm a bit off it I'm afraid!!! I'm also very tired. Enough excuses now xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom