Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello @yiayia3 I know that horrible blues feeling on so well. I know what you mean about friends. Three of my oldest so called friends I have know n over 30 years all I had was a text and then nothing.
So my attitude now is blow them. I'm upset about it obviously but our lives changed dramatically. They gave up work in the last few years to look after grandchildren. I carried on working and got my teaching degree! So consequently they can meet up and lunch in between the kids whereas I was at work. However, this does not excuse them not visiting. Even a phone call would have sufficed. They could have done this in between the kids or even brought them. I have to accept that this is what has happened. We have drifted apart which is sad!!! You see I had my children very young and therefore by age 35 I became a grandmother. So my grandchildren are a lot older than theirs. It was a shock but it did not stop me from achieving and pursuing life yiayia!! And my family are lovely!! At the end of the day they are more important!!!

The loneliness thing is awful. I said to my husband about this the one day and he looked at me like I was from Mars!!! Just post and chat whenever you like yiayia but if it's very personal and you don't want to post then inbox me and I'll inbox you back x x x x x remember you are not alone here you are amongst friends!!!

Love Nana moon27
 
I feel a tad better today thank goodness. I am resting because I really want to go out to lunch with some colleagues and meet up with my old boss tomorrow. She was brilliant. Thursday I want to go for my costa coffee with my friend x so I have to rest xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's good. . Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.
Went for a"swim" tonight. . As in a walk in the pool and lots of bending and just moving it. B it is sore now but it felt sooooo good when I got out of the pool. My surgeon told me to walk backwards in the water as it helps stretch your hamstring and IT band. Get onto it, it works! !
I am off to bed now. . Bit tired..xo
 
I just read back about the loneliness and friends, none of my friends understand how hard this is. They just think that I've had surgery and I should be ok by now. .11 weeks after having my bones cut off and metal inserted into them. .I dont think so! Because of my age, also, people just don't get it. Sometimes you work out who your true friends are, I think, over something like this. .
 
@sez22 you're right about so called friends. I'm realising now who my real ones are and quite frankly it's been a real surprise. When I can pluck up courage to use the public swimming pools yuk! I will try those exercises xxxxxx
 
@sez22 You have inspired me to go to walk in the pool -- my TKR was a day after yours!
Hope you all have a much better day :SUNsmile:
 
Glad you're feeling better NanaMoon and I hope you get to go to lunch AND coffee this week!

Everyone is right in that unless you've gone through this surgery, you have no clue what the recovery process is like. How painful, long and annoying it is. I think we've all had friends let us down in the empathy realm. I'm 9 weeks and I noticed that it's usually about a 30 day window you get of concern from others then they think we should be 'cured'.

As difficult as it is, we all need embrace our little victories and file them away for when we're feeling down and discouraged. We're all at least lucky enough to have our Bonesmart families to help us through this! ((hugs to all)) xoxoxo
 
Seconded @DogLoverx3, I really don't know what I would have done without everyone on Bonesmart.....and my daughter- she makes me laugh. She certainly thinks I'm being very brave, and is constantly sending out reminders to family and friends on her Facebook page, especially when she thinks someone is putting my recovery down. My sister has sent the occasional text, but hasn't been to visit at all and she only lives 30 mins drive away, so my daughter has been sending her all sorts of messages about what a serious operation this is. If she thinks my husband is pushing me too hard she steps in, and virtually accused him of starving me the other day when she saw the portion size he served up the other day. I calmed her down and explained that I had asked for small portions as I didn't want to end up,the size of an elephant. So I know I have the support of all our friends on here when I want to moan, and some physical support should it be required, from my dear daughter.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 and everyone, I managed to do a gentle walk round the corner shop as the weather was reasonable. I did this using one crutch and no support off my husband other than him watching the pavement for me as it can be uneven! Than this even we went up,the local store to get some fresh bread. The woman in there hadn't seen me since my op. She was very kind and said that my face had lost it's in pain look! She thought that I looked quite well and there was me feeling like a bag of rubbish with no make up and straggly hair! However, it was nice for someone to make a positive comment instead of the usual lack of understanding garbage some people emit!!!! My husband was reluctant to take me out because if my chest but I said I was hardly likely to do my old style power walking or rush bout. I explained that gentle exercise is the best thing for a bad chest as it helps the lungs drain off fluid and rubbish build up!

I am now resting because I soooooooo now do want to go out tomorrow. My friend has said she'll come for me at lunchtime tomorrow. It will be nice to catch up. I have arranged with my husband that, if I find it too much he will come and pick me straight up!!! It's only five minutes drive or so from my house.

I must get in touch with the hairdresser too. My hair is in dire need of colour, cut everything!!! In fact I'll contact her now!!!! Xxxx

All posts welcome catch you later xxxx
 
Yes, after looking at my scooter pics my hair is desperate. I need a boost!!!! Xox xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
I'm going out for lunch later today and I am so looking forward to it. I will be with work colleagues who have made more effort than my long standing friends. I have worked it with my husband to get me if I find it too much or if I get tired then I can phone him to collect me.

On Thursday a friend is collecting me and taking me for coffee. I'm looking forward to that. It's strange because I've only been friends with these people for a few years yet they make more effort than so called long standing ones. The other good thing is that I am starting to feel more sociable which is more like me. I have been a bit withdrawn over the last couple weeks but definitely coming through that now!

My knee is achy tonight because I've reduced my pain meds. I'm trying to get off the morphine by lowering the dose as agreed with my GP but the paracetamol (Tylenol) alone is not enough.

I am due to see the consultant next Monday morning for a late six week check up. I hope that your PT goes well and you don't suffer too much after x x x
Love Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks nana moon. I can't believe you are still taking morphine. They cut me off that 3 rd day in hospital. Yes took away the pump and have been taking OxyContin and oxicodone. Is that a big difference in drugs. Have to go search in my drug handbook. The morphine got me so loopy I had vivid dreams I was in an air raise during ww2 and the room turned around. So weird.
Here you are ready to go out while I'm just praying to get some bedtime sleep
Have fun with your friends. Are you going to take a plastic Baggie for ice???
Enjoy
 
Hi @susanne, I've been on morphine since last August when my knee completely went. I absolutely hate being on it!!! I took just three days off to get pain under control and then carried right on working my two jobs until I broke up for the Christmas holidays. Then I had the rtkr done on January 3rd. It's only 5.50 am here. I had one of my napping not good quality sleep nights. I shall most certainly be taking my ice with me definitely!!!!! Xxxxxxx I hope that you get some good quality sleep and a restful night xxxxxxxx love Nana moon 27
 
Hi @sez22, I keep planning to do some PT in the water, are you using a public pool? There is a private hydro pool not too far from me but it is very expensive, but the public pool is so cold, I'm not sure I'm that brave.
 
Hi everyone I am feeling soooo much better today. The Antibiotics are working where the steroids didn't! My breathing is so much better and I feel nearly human (apart from cavewoman hair!) I'm looking forward to this lunch and happier knowing, That if it is too much all I have to do is call my husband, as it's five minutes or so drive from ours!!!

I've done what I can with the cavewoman hair using straighteners! I've done facial hair removal and eyebrows but not used wax cos of redness but tweezers. Looks so much better now!

I will post on my return and let you know how this goes. This is my first proper social engagement since before the op!! Also, my friend has confirmed we are going for coffee in the morning. Life is good!!!!

I did a walk round the corner shop this morning and a quick trip into the local supermarket to buy flowers for my friends birthday ready for tomorrow. It dawned on me today that I am in considerable less pain when I am walking and this is on reduced meds! I said this to my husband. I said that I am not in the pain I was pre op and it's getting better! I know this is subject to change I have read so many posts where people have a really amazing day then the next one or the night gets them!!!!

It's nice to feel NORMAL ! I had forgotten what it's like. Will be taking ice, ice, baby ...........x x x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x x x x x x
 
Back
Top Bottom