Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Nana Moon - I have an idea that might help you with your sleep issue, it is sort of working for me. No idea if it is just a UK solution but I'm going to post about this issue separately - have a look and see if it might be of use to you.
 
Hi all doc has put me on strong antibiotics for a chest and throat infection!!! @Smudge I really want to know what works for you please? Where is the post located? Blooming fed up of this rain x x x
 
Right the doc has prescribed strong antibiotics for a severe chest and throat infection!!!!! I'm awfully fed up. Plenty of rest and fluids x x x x. X I'm so tired too x x x
 
Hope the antibiotics click in soon :console2: My son has asthma like yours and has to really watch it when he gets infections as they often do what yours did.
Did the doc do anything about the morphine?
Rest well :sleep:
 
My own GP was off so had to see partner. I have app with my own GP next week so I'll discuss it then x x x x x xx. X x
 
Oh that's horrid for you to have to cope with on top of everything else, no wonder you are fed up. I really hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you begin to feel better. Lots of hugs xx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - you poor thing! Glad they have given you antibiotics as this virus thing lingers. Hope the strong antibiotics get rid of it pdq. This is really something you can do without. Wouldn't it be great if the antibiotics made you drowsy/sleepy/sleep?
I'm suffering the after effects of a strenuous PT session - (I actually did 10 complete rotations on the bike) and a celebratory lunch out, as I am officially down to 1 crutch and achieved more than my ROM target. When I got home my knee felt like mush so I crawled under the covers and have slept for a couple of hours. Will probably be even more dopey tonight as daughter has bought foot cream/ a new nail varnish etc and is going to give my poor trotters a bit of a pamper.
Hope the meds start to kick in and you feel a bit better soon.
Thinking of you and talk later
XX
 
Hi all! Thanks for your concern. I am ok just got to take it easy to give the antibiotics a chance to work.
@yiayia3 I'm sorry you've had a weepy day I had so many if those I lost count but be assured it is normal and part of this weird but wonderful recovery process!!!
@dogwheels please enjoy your pampering - my feet are terribly dry at the moment but my daughters can't stand feet!!!! I have to do them myself not the same at all!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @DogLoverx3 how are you? I know you had a busy day today and I hope that you're ok????? I had to cancel my costa coffee with my friend today, I just was not well enough to go and I totally sulked and stropped like a diva!!! The doc was ok but not my usual one. I've been invited out to a colleagues house on Wednesday lunchtime, so I am resting and being good in the hopes that ill be well enough to go. My friend regarding the coffee said the week is young we may get one later on bless her!!!

My knee is very stiff and quite uncomfortable. I'm very fed up. I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself but it's hard!!!

Anyway, I hope that you are ok? love Nana Moon 27 x x x x x
 
Sorry you had to miss coffee with your friend today but definitely reschedule for later in the week. It will do you good to get our! I think lunch at your colleague's house sounds lovely as well. Maybe plan on those 2 as your big outings for the week. I know we all hoped we'd be further along than we actually are, but there doesn't seem to be much we can do about that (darn).

I'm sorry that you knee is being bad :sad:. That stiff feeling is gonna be around for quite some time. I know you're probably going stir crazy at this point and with your asthma and chest infection and cold and bad weather, you've had a lot to deal with on top of the never ending knee recovery. Please try to stay positive and don't get too down. I know you're making progress! May not be in big huge strides like some people, but try to appreciate the itty bitty ones too - they add up!

@dogwheels - I love that you call feet 'trotters' :heehee: I'm totally stealing that to start using! :) I hope you enjoyed your pedicure

@yiayia3 , I'm sorry about the weepy day. I had more than my fair share of those. You're just at 4 weeks and I found that was one of my toughest weeks yet. The pain, the exhaustion, the not being able to do what you want, the not being as recovered as you want, the 'everything' involved with this roller coaster of recovery totally build up and gets to us all. I bet even all the alpha males cry a bit when no-one is looking. This is a TOUGH recovery, but I think you're doing great! ((hugs)) Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 - physio half killed me today and so I have rested, slept and attempted to get the swelling down on my knee. Think it was the cycle that finished it off. Wouldn't mind but I have spent so much time trying to reduce swelling and now Kapow! Fat Knee again.
Sorry you missed your Costa outing - I really enjoyed my lunch - I was ravenous after physio and scoffed it down like I hadn't eaten for a year. Ha ha! It's a popular place and was quite busy - thankfully the gruesome stockings were covered with leggings, but everyone stared as I 'crutched' my way down all the stairs to a table overlooking the water. Huh! I didn't care and just took off my shoe and put my leg up on the sofa.
Was so busy chatting to daughter this evening that the time went by and she didn't do my feet. Not altogether sorry as my knee is a bit uncomfortable tonight. She's promised to do it on Wednesday.
Look after yourself and take it easy - then hopefully you will be ready for outings later in the week.
Talk tomorrow
X
 
Sorry physio half killed you just hope you'll be better tomorrow!!! You're right about the editing it's hilarious xxxx
Any way I hope you and poodle get a good nights sleep x x x. X
 
@Nana moon 27---wow, I am so sorry to read of your need for antibiotics! AS they say, if you did not have bad luck, you would not have any luck at all!

I hope that those meds get to work and do it pronto!

Here's to you feeling better and, the sooner, the better!
 
Just curious nana moon how come they don't give you steroids like prednisone for your asthma or use a nebuluzer? Also an FYI caffeine opens up bronchial tubes. Feel better
 
Hiya @susanne.. The GP gave me prednisolone two weeks ago but it did not work. I have had a bug/virus that affected my throat and hit my chest real bad!!!!! They don't use nebs over here unless they absolutely have to. Thanks for your suggestion. How are you? Xxx
 
@DogLoverx3 @Nana moon 27 Thank you so much for your kind words,my husband has been great but feel a bit lonely at the moment my friends think I'm doing fine so I don,t see them and I have 2 daughter in laws that just drop there kids off and get on with there life,sorry to moan just feeling sorry for myself need a good kick!!! Love Terri
 
Back
Top Bottom