Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Josephine my quote:,Yesterday it let me down during lunges by doing that bone on bone, clunky, grinding sensation and it gave way three times. I mentioned it to the PT who suggested I do more exercises

Your reply: It never ceases to amaze me how often I hear/see this - how often it is recommended to try and resolve such a situation, caused by doing too much PT, by doing MORE PT! Ridiculous!

Josephine what would you suggest I do please? He said I had to build up the muscles more but they're not bad really!!!!
It sounds like your knee is rather unstable and no amount of PT will help it---short of a TKR.

More PT will not help you---your knee can only get so strong, and if it is that unstable, You are just working on something that will not help you.
 
Hi @referee54 I have to be totally honest the thought ongoing through this again fills me with dread. Mine has not been a sail through recovery! I am in no pain with this knee I have excellent rom in it I can with no or trouble at all, straighten and bend it fully!!!!
 
Mine has not been a sail through recovery!
Nor was mine! Many of us have had our ups and our downs--that is why recovery can be called something close to a roller coaster ride.

It is up to you when you want to and need to get the other knee taken care of ---but remember that no knee is exactly alike and that your next knee surgery could actually be easier than the last (no guarantees), but I do certainly understand your fear and your anxiety!

The only thing I can tell you is that it will not get any better, and that you do not want to wait too long---but again, when you have this done is up to you---and we will be here for you during that next occasion.
 
Morning everyone. Same as yesterday I woke up in terrible pain again. Had to wake up husband to go get me some breakfast because I couldn't get down the stairs cos of the pain. He's not well but amazingly he did it without grumbling too much!!! I. Feeling ok now. Have done very gentle exercises to get the knee moving and it seems to be ok now. I'm elevating and icing as I'am posting.

On the plus side today is beautiful and sunny!!!! No rain hooray. They reckon well,have a day or two but then there is another front coming in but not as bad as we have had previously.

No plans for today just think we're staying in and doing a Sunday roast! My brother rang me yesterday and was pleased to hear that I was actually a bit more me. He's been very worried about the weepy soul that has possessed his sister over the last few weeks!!!!

I'm watching Emmerdale on catch up. I don't tend to watch it but the story lines are brilliant!!!

Will post later guys x x x x x x x x
 
Hi Nana Moon sorry your in pain again I always do a few knee slides and stretches before I get up in the morning find it helps maybe worth a try, its so nice to see the sun this morning a tonic for us all have a good day Terri
 
Good morning @Nana moon 27 - so sorry that you have woken up in pain again this morning. My husband just brought me a bowl of cereal in bed, and somehow I have managed to upend the whole lot all over the mattress. What a mess! Enjoy your Sunday roast mmm... I am very envious.
@Chihuahuan - Small world - I know Milford quite well. We are right on Christchurch Quay, between the Priory and the water.
@referee54 - thank you for the kind words.
You are right about International companies marketing different products in different places. When we were in the UAE - MacD's had the most fantastic thing called a 'MacArabia'. Mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was sort of Arabic kebab meat in a flat bread. Delicious! It would be really popular here in UK.
@DogLoverx3 - vodka lovers are always welcome on board! Just thinking of the UAE and your liking of water toys reminded me of this photo that was sent to me ..... hope it makes you smile!

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
@dogwheels wow you are so full of surprises what a beautiful picture. It's like something out of a dream..... Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Hello @DogLoverx3 and everyone. This afternoon my daughter took me shopping and she got me to use one of those electric scooter efforts. Up here in Birmingham they are nicknamed Benidorm buggies after the series Benidorm. I got a brill pic but I can't post that one because I have a bottle of whiskey in one hand and giving a two finger salute in the other pretending to be Madge out of the series, so Im posting the one my granddaughter took through the shop window! It was very stressful people barge past or stood stock still in front. It was hard work! I feel sorrow for people that have to use these permanently and be treated like this!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re the electric buggies: I know what you mean about being 'invisible' to other shoppers, but at least they give us some independence. I agree with you Nana moon, I just hope I never get to the stage of life of needing them permanently.
Doesn't sunshine make such a difference to our feelings? Today we have blue sky and it's not cold, so my husband and I headed for a local country park with tarmac paths so I could walk on even ground. I managed to walk a good twenty minutes before there was a small twinge in my new knee ( the old knee was another story). I'm now home and resting, icing and elevating, but feel so positive having been out in the sunshine. I believe it could rain again tomorrow, but at least I've seen the sun for a while.
I love the poster @Chihuahuan .
 
Hi @Ellejay, nice to hear from you x yes the weather has made an enormous difference to everyone's outlook!!! It's so nice to see blue sky and no rain woohoo!!!

It was nice to go shopping but I got stressy and asked my daughter if we could leave. I couldn't take anymore of being invisible it was awful and soooo frustrating!!!! .
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - didn't know was an Emmerdale fan ??? When I'm up and about besides been a registered nurse at local hospital I work as a Emmerdale extra - usually as a nurse or hiker been doing it about 6 years now . I had a small 1 mile walk today with my crutches as support , so felt better out in the sunshine. Just remains very stiff and hard to get going after bed and sitting for a while ! When can we do stairs properly as I tried but ended up doing baby steps xx
 
Hi @Yorkshiregal54 how lovely to be an extra on Emmerdale. absolutely brilliant! As for stairs I'm able to go up and down with out crutches now but still one stair, two feet. They reckon about eight weeks + even remotely getting towards normal plus we are all!recovering at different rates !!!! It's frustrating. It looks like I got to go back to doctors again tomorrow as my asthma has deteriorated again.. My peak flows (breath measurement) are back down to where they were before I was put on steroids!!! I'm a bit fed up. I'm in bed took all medication and going to try and sleep x x x chat soon x x x x
 
@Yorkshiregal54 well done on your small (what is a large )1 mile walk, that's really good. I'm now 5 weeks and I'm trying to do stairs 'properly' , but I'm only using them twice a day , once down sometime before lunch and once up in the evening. It's still very slowly, and going up is easier than coming down, but it's a start. I'm still sleeping at odd times throughout the day, is that the same for everyone else? I slept for two hours immediately after breakfast this morning and I hadn't had a really bad night. I do seem to wake regularly throughout each night, to move pillows, arrange new ice and to take medication, but I usually get straight back to sleep. Talking of sleep I'm off to bed now, sleep well folks.
 
Hi @Ellejay yes the disturbed sleep pattern is normal. I am the same! I rarely sleep through the night! It drives me bonkers!!! I was told by the PT not to try and do stairs normally yet. They will say when !!!
 
I'll send you the pic in your inbox @dogwheels & @DogLoverx3 !!! I am glad you managed a walk today. Listen to your husband even if you don't agree about the distance, please don't over do it! I know the direct repercussions from that!!! Tomorrow were all going to be stuck again cos it's going to rain again boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Xxxxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone! Hope that you are all ok? Yet again I'm getting ready to go to the doctors again! Asthma worsened last day or two and is now worse than when I went a fortnight ago!!! I'm trying not to let it get me down. The plus side is I'm not in much pain today! So I took a reduced morphine dose! The rest and mantra clearly worked their magic again!!!! My appointment is 11.20. Let's hope he can sort me out x x x x x

My husband seems a bit better today and is in quite a good mood!!! Xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I totally overdid it at physio in Friday. As you can tell from my post today I'm under the weather again. I'm going to be very assertive today when I go docs because I think I'm taking something that is upsetting my asthma. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I have to find out!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom