Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Oh poor you @Nana moon 27 - its bad enough having to cope with a heavy session at PT without having to contend with a sore throat and a virus too. I'm not surprised you felt grim.
I was so pooped and achy last night, I took a Codydramol instead of my night time paracetamol - and got a really decent nights sleep. Yay! Might be doing that again, methinks.
Sorry your husband is poorly too. This is an evil virus and really lingers. My husband picked it up on an international flight just after New Year - and he is still coughing like an old tramp and feels washed out (or perhaps that's the strain of looking after me - ha ha).
Hope the news is good about your caravan. We think we may just have escaped flooding, but if so, it was a very close run thing. One photo in the local paper this morning shows that our marina was totally cut off and the huge buoys used by the Sailing Club next door had floated/were blown onto our neighbours driveway (see below). This is the approach to our estate - the sailing club is the building with the lights on and our house is about 50 yards down to the left. My husband has driven down this morning to assess the damage not only by water but also wind. Fingers X'd. I've not heard anything yet from neighbours, but I expect they had a sleepless night watching and waiting.
Hope you and your OH feel better today - oh and your limerick ending was fantastic!

Talk soon
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Hi @dogwheels, my caravan is fine but the one next door but one has gone omg poor couple!!!! That pic shows that this is a really close run thing for your other place!!!! I hope everything is ok when your husband gets down there!! The trouble is like you say you need to see for yourself x x x x x

I'm glad you liked the limerick it livens things up a bit x x x x x
 
Why the heck are you doing lunges my friend?!! Those put a TON of pressure on your poor knees. :-( I don't do any sort of lunges or squats and certainly don't do anything that requires an exercise band around my legs/knees/ankles. Those exercises are more advance and you and I are nowhere near ready for them yet. No wonder you hurt today. I hope that you are telling your PT when exercises he/she suggests aren't working for you. I think you're in a group class so I hope you don't think that just because someone else is able to do them that you should to. You know we all recover at our own pace and trying to do too much too soon is no good. As everyone says on here, adding MORE exercise to try to solve a pain/ache/concern is the opposite of what we should be doing. I hope you're taking it easy today and not running up and down those stairs too much! xoxoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3, you hit the nail right on the head when you said : I think you're in a group class so I hope you don't think that just because someone else is able to do them that you should ! In the PT gym, the room is laid out so that we rotate three mins each on each piece of equipment or designated exercise. So yes, you are right, I kind of feel obliged that i should be doing them. As usual I got carried away thinking I can do all these things. Plus I was on such a high from walking round the corner shop for the first time in five weeks! I know this much, I am definitely not doing this to myself next week. It's not worth having my family Saturday ruined. The worst was waking up sobbing in agony with the pain and having the up he morph to cope!!!! By my own admission in previous posts I have said my knee is better for being kind to it instead if making it red and angry!!!

However, my daughter persuaded me to go out up the local shops with her. She worries about the length of time I spend indoors!!! We were out about half hour. Very pleased I did that but it's been mantra all afternoon. I have napped as well. I have stayed upstairs after the shopping and told them to come up to me. That was nice because I had some lovely conversations that were in the privacy of my room with my daughters out of earshot Of their dad!!!

I hope that you have been able to rest also and feeling better in yourself. I really do appreciate your advice because my recovery is so similar to yours x x x x xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo x x x x x (hugs) :puppysmooze:
 
Ouch a new sensation! Something feels like something is trying to nip it's way out from under the skin of my knee yuk. It like having an insect bite from inside!!!!! Bizarrely, it's happening on a numb area of my knee Eeeeewwwwww x x x x
 
That may be the nerves firing and reconnecting.
 
Sorry about your new zingers :-( Luckily, they're quick and fairly short lived! I hope you're feeling better my friend. Lovely that you had your daughters up to your room to visit so you could remain upstairs and rest.

I do hope you stand your ground next week at physio. I've had my PT roll his eyes at me and 'jokingly' tell me that I'm not trying hard enough when I refuse to do an exercise or totally half a** it, but if it hurts my knee, I'm not doing it. I watch so many others at PT do exercises that I can't and while it kinda sucks, I'm okay with it. I'll get there eventually!

Uhm @dogwheels , can I come vacation with you and your fun water toys?! :-) I'm glad all is surviving your horrific weather!

Take care all and I hope you're all settling in for a peaceful night over the pond! xoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 yes it's looking peaceful here. Don't know how long it'll last!!!! There is a beautiful full moon and the rain has stopped. As it goes quite a beautiful night. I hope this is happening countrywide because of the water levels might have a chance to drop x dogwheels place in Dorset will be lovely I'm sure. Dorset is a lovely place! I've been a few times round the area on holiday (vacation).

I will certainly stand my ground next week. I'm not in much pain tonight thank god but still took strong meds in case! I hope you get some peace and rest yourself tonight!!!! The zingers are weird. Trouble is when I think about zingers I think about KFC Zingerburgers!!!!!

Hi @Chihuahuan I hope you are ok too. Don't think I heard from you but these pills make me fuzzy xxxxx
 
I am at a bit of a loss tonight. One of those nights when I don't know quite what to do with myself!!! Might have a mooch on netflix. If not, groan, candy crush or groan, bubble witch or groan, hidden objects yawn x x x better this though than All that crying I've been doing in previous weeks x x x x
 
Something feels like something is trying to nip it's way out from under the skin of my knee yuk. It like having an insect bite from inside!!!!!

That may be the nerves firing and reconnecting.
Yep, I do think that these zingers are the nerves meeting each other again!


In the PT gym, the room is laid out so that we rotate three mins each on each piece of equipment or designated exercise.
i would draw a line ahead of time as to what you will do and what you will not allow. That way, you can concentrate on what will help you and stay away from activities that are either too much, too soon, or that will force you to do activities that you or your knee are not prepared for.

Remember, these PT folks work for you, not the other way around---and yo are not obligated to always do what they want you to do.
 
Mmmmmmm..... I love a KFC Zingerburger!!
I really feel for you @Nana moon 27 with your group PT - there must be quite a bit of peer pressure to do all the exercises no matter what. Next time you need to be the Knee Replacement Patient from Hell and just throw a huge strop and only do whatever sits OK with you. No-one can make you do anything you do not want to!
Inspired by your walk to the corner shop, hubby and I are going for walkies in the big wide world tomorrow if it is dry and not windy. Quite looking forward to it. It wont be far, and as I usually walk a fair distance from the carpark to physio/hydro and back - hopefully it wont be too bad.
@DogLoverx3 - I would love to have you come play with my 'water toys'. Husbands sailboat is a mean, stripped down racing yacht ..... no refinements (bucket and chuck it) but goes like stink. The other one is my own mini gin palace (in fact I named it Bombay Sapphire) - lounger beds, drink holders and a proper bathroom!!
You're right NanaM - Dorset is lovely, we have had the house for over 15 years and when it is not
flooded(!) this is the view from my living room.
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Hi @dogwheels, wow what a view that truly is amazing. Love the toys too!!! Nice one x x x x I know @DogLoverx3 would love it x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @referee54 thanks for that it is nice to be reassured! My problem is I get back into the gym environment and mentally I push myself to do too much like I did pre op at the local gym. I had to give it up completely when I went bone on bone. I will plan out better for next week. I think you are right about planning a strategy of some description. Once again thank you ref!
 
I actually know how to said @dogwheels ! Not enough to captain, of course, but I'm a pretty darn good deck-hand. I do kinda lean towards YOUR water toy though. Would a vodka lover be allowed aboard? :martini: A very good friend had fun water toys and I might miss going out on them as much as I miss him..... almost. Love the name of your boat!

@Nana moon 27 , sorry you're so restless tonight. At least you're not in pain! :)

Good suggestions Tim! :ok:

Okay, I have a VERY important and serious question to ask. What on earth is a KFC Zinburger? KFC is chicken! :heehee:
 
Sounds like a hamburger washed down with Zinfandel! There is a restaurant called Zinburger in Tempe, AZ.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 yep KFC IS chicken. Over here they do something called the Zingerburgers which is a Spicy chicken breast in a bun or wrap!!!! Mystery over!!!! Lol x x x x x x :kittykiss:
 
Hi @Josephine my quote:,Yesterday it let me down during lunges by doing that bone on bone, clunky, grinding sensation and it gave way three times. I mentioned it to the PT who suggested I do more exercises

Your reply: It never ceases to amaze me how often I hear/see this - how often it is recommended to try and resolve such a situation, caused by doing too much PT, by doing MORE PT! Ridiculous!

Josephine what would you suggest I do please? He said I had to build up the muscles more but they're not bad really!!!!
 
What on earth is a KFC Zinburger? KFC is chicken! :heehee:
i was wondering the same thing myself;

Over here they do something called the Zingerburgers which is a Spicy chicken breast in a bun or wrap!!!!

It is interesting to note that the same company markets different products to different countries.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom