Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @ Josephine he said no he just wants me to try and cut down on morphine I am due to see him next week and I will plead my case.i will say ok I've cut down to 50 mg morphine per day now. Please can I switch to Tramadol instead. I think that because I've met him part way he should agree to this (hopefully) but I had a distinct impression that he wants me to go down to plain paracetamol. That will not work because of the amount of stiffness and swelling still present which I will say to him. I have nothing to lose!!!! It's also difficult because I may be wrong but because he's treated me for anxiety and depression in the past, he may think it's all in my mind!!!!

A miracle occurred tonight I managed to walk round to the corner shop with my husband using my two sticks with out any problem. The feeling of nausea has gone and although my throat is still a bit raw I am feeling mentally better! I'm certain that little bit of exercise has helped. I've come to bed in a better mindset all together. I am now doing the mantra feeling very happy right now x
 
Happy happy happy me! Yeah yeah yeah! Walked to the corner shop, to get me some soda pop! And I fancied some skittles (sweets)

This is the first time in 5 weeks x ok I had my husband walking near me but I did it using the two elbow crutches woohoo!!!!

I am happy x life feels good at mo!!!!!

Hey @DogLoverx3 a bit of my positivity came back. You said it would :angel::puppysmooze:
Thank you (hugs my friend) xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you but I still say your support for me has been brilliant throughout this tempestuous journey of recovery ... Thank you Josephine :angel::kittykiss:
 
Morning everyone! Hope you all slept well. Mine not fantastic but a bit better than normal. Wish me luck guys. I got physio this morning.

The bug/virus seems to be going but omg my throat is so terribly raw still. Honey, lozenges, concoctions, nothing is working!!!

I'm in a much better state of mind today cos of my walk last night. Anyway I'll let you know how it all goes. Hope to chat soon everyone byeeeeeeee!!!!! Xxxx
 
Hi hope physio went well @nana moon27 I had a good day yesterday but feeling weepy and nauseous today ( all part of the course I think ) I'm just worried I won't be able to do my planned trek in 4 months time - it's been planned for years !!! Il just have to work harder but it's so painful TC xx
 
@Yorkshiregal54 the physio went great my rom was 100 bend and straightening has gone done from 12 to 7. I don't really understand these figures but the PT seemed happy enough x x x x x throat still raw but I'm ok x x x

What I wanted to say to you was this. I think you will be fine. You have to cut yourself some slack so early on in your recovery period. Less truly is more I have improved more since I "gave in to it a bit" than ever before. By he time you get to 8 weeks you'll be finding walking so much easier. I am already starting to now and I had a lot of problems with my knee initially and up until very recently. I feel now approaching the six week mark thing are easing up a bit. I still have the really **** tearful depressive nights of no sleep but even that's getting marginally better.

Today there was a poster child for recovery in the physio and admitting that I was so envious of her cos she was at least twenty years older!!!!!!
 
Well done @Nana moon 27 , that is a great result, you must be very pleased with yourself, what with the walk last night as well. It is good when we can recognise an achievement (even better when someone else recognises it) however small it is.
 
It is the little things that mean so much, I kept being told in hospital this is a big op and just take things slow
and all will be well, its just putting this into practice, well done Nana Moon on the p.t must make you feel better. Have a good day people
 
Hi @Bluetechseeker I would like to ask you a question please? Your legs look amazing the scarring the healing everything! Are you using any creams, oils or emollients? Love Nana Moon

Hi @dogwheels! Wow, wow, wow, looking sooooooooo good......... healing beautifully xxxxxx:flwrysmile:
 
Hi, @Nana moon 27 , Thank you!! I think my knees are looking great, and sure won't hesitate to visit my customers wearing a dress or skirt. I've just started using some gels on my scars (wanted to make sure they were fully healed!) One pump of Scarinex Advanced Scar Gel Formula and one pump of Scarinex Advanced Scar Skin Rejuvenating Cream on each knee. The directions say two or three times daily and to massage in. It feels really nice, smells lovely, and sure helps with the dry skin! Prior to this product, I'd used mineral oil lotion about every other day around the scar until it looked healed, then gently rubbed on top until I received the Scarinex product (I ordered online). I did some research online and the Scarinex product was rated very high for effectiveness.
 
Hi @Bluetechseeker! I so appreciate your help with this. I am going to look up the scarinex now and order some. Your legs look amazing!!!! Thank you (hugs)
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - well done on your PT today. Great result. Hope the sore throat sorts itself soon ...
Hydro totally wiped me out today, I worked SO hard - but it was nice being in the pool while it was hammering down with rain outside. PT really pleased with development since last week, but commiserated over how bruised I still am. Result with the TEDs, nice nursey that removed my dressing is going to have a new pair waiting for me when I go to physio on Monday - hurrah!
Sitting in bed with the wind howling and everything X'd. We have a house on a marina in Dorset that has never flooded - however tide and wind combo tonight is not looking good - so just hoping we make it through. Thankfully it is set up for potential flooding with a false ground floor; waist high sockets etc - but the thought of what may come up through the downstairs loo and shower is worrying :eeeuw:. Hubby may have to take a trip down - but currently I don't fancy 2.5 hours in the car each way .... plus I don't think I can be much use at the moment.

Just gonna rack my brain on the Limerick front while I check the tide report ........
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
X
 
Hiya @ dogwheels I'm glad you are ok. What a lovely location on a marina in Dorset, but I think I'd be a teeny weeny bit scared right now. I'm honest glad that it is covered with a false floor etc. I'm really glad you did ok with your physio too!!! I'm tired out and uncomfortable. This blessed throat is so getting at me. I have to ring the caravan site tomorrow - I have a static caravan in Wales. It scared me when I saw Aberdovey looking like it had a tropical typhoon blowing through it x x that is only a few miles from where out caravan is located !!!!

My head has gone blank with the limerick at the mo but golly we've had some fun with it!!!!

Hope all remains ok with you love Nana Moon 27
 
I feel like I've been totally self absorbed and neglecting you, my friend. I'm glad you made it to physio this morning. Your ROM numbers are very good! Keep up the great work! Sorry about that pesky poster child there. Is there no way to accidentally trip her? :-x I'm horrible, I know..... Gosh your weather sucks. :angel:
 
Hi Nana Moon - hope you have a good weekend and that the news is OK about your static caravan. No news yet about our other place - but not a lot we can do whether we are here in London or down there in the midst of it. It will be what it will be. We are really good friends with the other 30+ residents there, so I am expecting some interesting emails in the morning.
Hope your throat improves over the weekend.
I loved @DogLoverx3 's idea of retribution to the knee replacement poster child ...... a well placed crutch - (oops sorry - stick), perhaps?
ChrisX
 
Goodness me @DogLoverx3 you have every right to withdraw any time you need to. Remember what I said ages ago about it's what I do when I need to lick my wounds etc. You have been to H and back this last few days and anyway why shouldn't you be self absorbed we all have to at some point. You've not neglected me at all and it's funny you saying that about the post child and it's really not her fault but you know my stick........ Tempting so tempting but I wouldn't be that cruel ha ha ha!!!! And the wether more than sucks we are all depressed because of it. This is why we are all moaning. The people down the south if the country and some parts of the midlands where I come from have had it real bad. We're ok cos were on higher ground. Lovely to hear from you...don't be a stranger and stay in touch xxxxx:puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone in a word OUCH!!!!!! I have obviously overdone the Physio yesterday. I have actually cried with the pain. Worse still because I've been on reduced meds too! I've just upped them to normal rate because it is sooooo bad!!! Swelling and pain is atrocious.

I woke up earlier this morning and I was uncomfortable then and put it down to the way I had slept or something.

I hope everyone has had a peaceful restful night and is in a happy frame of mind. Despite the excruciating pain and swelling I'm quite chirpy despite crying. It's not that bleak desolate blues sort of crying though!

I'm going to try and sleep this off a bit it is not pleasant x x x x

When I wake up I will phone the caravan site and make sure it's ok. It's insured but that is not the point!!!! It's our bolt hole our home from home!!!!

Husband still not well genuinely!!

Will definitely post later

Love Nana Moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem! My left knee is now troublesome too. Yesterday it let me down during lunges by doing that bone on bone, clunky, grinding sensation and it gave way three times. I mentioned it to the PT who suggested I do more exercises. I already exercise it the same time as the other one! Then he said to mention it when I see my consultant in10 days. I am terrified that this is going like the other one because it's starting to react the same as the right one pre op!!! My logical head is saying that maybe I've been putting too much strain on it or over compensating but I don't think I have.I really do not want to go through this again!!!!
Love Nana Moon 27
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom