Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi everyone sorry your throat is still bad Nanny Moon I had it at Christmas and it went on for a while,The weather is so bad today just did Tesco that was a wow pleased to be home now and feet up, the area around us has very bad flooding we are ok in this part of Walton but very scary some people flooded and not even near the river,have a good evening speak soon Terri
 
Thanks Terri I keep thinking about you every time I see something about the flooding on the telly. I hope you are far away from it. Have a great evening love Nana Moon27
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - oh wise one! As hydro was cancelled I rang the hospital and asked if I should remove the dressing. They said if I could bear it for another 48hours, somebody would do it at my Friday apt - although it was my choice and I could do it if I wanted. They said they liked to check that the wound was healed and intact. I may not be squeamish, but I'm no martyr so it can wait until Friday.

Having a laugh with the Limericks .......... and trying hard to behave!

XX
 
@dogwheels , I'd wait for someone else to take off the steri strips. Better safe than sorry, right?

My goodness you all are dealing with horrible weather. Practically everyone is. I almost feel bad about complaining about the heat here. Almost. :blush:

Quite the insurance conundrum you've got there NanaMoon. I would HATE paying for something twice, but then again, having the security of knowing that you're covered for what you need whenever might be worth it.

Rest up so you're good to go to therapy on Friday my friend! xoxoxoxo
 
Hello @DogLoverx3 and @dogwheels. I've been resting really well. The throat stuff is working like a charm and I feel half human like I'm emerging from a dark hole somewhere! The limericks are very hard to behave with aren't they? Ir takes all my resolve not to put something totally inappropriate lol! Esp the naughty young man from st kitts and his extra tight swimmers!!! OMG I was crying!!!!

I am doing best to get well,now for Friday PT as I want to see if there is any improvement in my straight rom. I think there maybe but cos of the constant swelling I can't be sure.

Catch you all later xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 A custard slice --how divine!! Don't know why but I'm feeling quite homesick --made a shepherd's pie and even ordered some Twirls on Amazon. Don't think a custard slice would survive the journey. :heehee: We are having lunch at a French bakery/cafe on Friday so maybe he will have Napoleons available. :)
 
I hate to rub it in @Chihuahuan but yes, it was divine. But I felt sick after eating it. I don't know what they did to my appetite in surgery - I cannot believe Ives gone off chocolate! What? Unheard of for me? Tried my fave Galaxy it tasted like sweet rubbish. I've joked with my husband that they've out a gastric balloon in!!!! You'll be "home" in August, just nip to the local Gregg's when you get outta the airport or better still ask hour hosts to get you some in. The custard must've been and 11/2" thick it was yummy though!!!! Plenty of icing too. You maybe lucky regarding the Napoleons just ask for extra custard!!!!! I don't think UPS or DHL could fetch you one across soon enough either lol xxxxx how long you been out in New Mexico? X
 
Well shoot NM27, they must have taken out your sweet tooth and given it to me!! I have NEVER had a sweet tooth however last night I inhaled ate probably 10 cookies between lunch and dinner!! Take it back!!!
 
@Nana moon 27 and @DogLover3 My taste buds were really messed up for many weeks. I now have my chocolate buds and evidently custard slice buds working over time.
Re the walking I've had to consciously do the heel-toe thing and I think I'm reasonably back to a normal gait. I need to check in a mirror also. That will be quite a sight today as we had the grandkids and the 10 mth old had a streaming nose and sneezes that sprayed snot all over me. I need a hose-down then a bath --sigh!!!
 
Hi @Josephine! How are you? I need some advice re: med reduction. My GP has advised me last week to start trying to reduce the meds (morphine). I have started to do this. I am in 20 mg in morning and 30 mg at night. It is propped up with paracetamol 4x2 tablets a day.

Although I am not in excruciating pain, it is a little uncomfortable and stiff but not unbearable. Should I try and hang on in there or increase a little? I am not sure as well if my body is just not craving the higher dose and it's manifesting itself as discomfort. What do you think? Your advice is most welcomed you know that!!!! Thank you love Nana Moon 27
 
You're funny Chihuahuan! Thank goodness you've got your chocolate buds back! ;-)

Oh my goodness your weather sound horrific NM27. There are terrible snow storms all over the states going on tonight and here I sit whining that my knee is too ugly to fit into shorts because it's supposed to be 85 tomorrow.

I hope you're feeling better and sound asleep as I type this to you. Didn't have the best PT today. Did all my exercises today but they were harder than usual and my swelling is just annoying. If I exercise it swells. If I do nothing it swells. I can't seem to win. *sigh* I met some friends for dinner after PT and my leg totally seized up. Not good. I'm home now icing and elevating. As I have a busy next 2 days, I'm a little nervous, but oh well.

I hope you get your meds figured out and that your throat is feeling better! xoxoxoxoxo
 
Hiya @DogLoverx3 I'm really sorry you're having a bad time after PT. I so feel for you. I'm having a weird night tonight I feel a bit better but weird x x x xx x
 
Hey gang....
Sorry to see the struggles continue. I was kinda bone headed today and overdid a bit. I went to the store where I am the produce manager and was so happy to see so many sorely missed faces....coworkers and customers, that before I knew it I had been standing for well over an hour. I looked at my watch and realized I was 30 minutes till pt! Ooops!
She was very easy on my leg thankfully, lots of gentle massage and then just time with the zapping machine. She was also fairly gentle in slapping me upside the head verbally saying "Don't do that stuff again! " lolol.
Now I'm waiting for the blizzard to arrive. Prediction of 8-12 with a mix of freezing rain. Yippee! PT Friday may be a no go as I might be snowed in.
Here's hoping for a night of uninterrupted sleep, and reasons to smile for us all.
Caryn


Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Oh @glazed151 we all do these things. We are human beings sociable by nature!!! I wish you luck with the snow. I hope you get some sleep and wake up ok after your PT xxxxx
 
Hi @ nana moon 27 hope your feeling better? X I'm feeling bit better today not eating right yet my appetite seems to have gone with my arthritic knee lol !!! I had my first group physio today which was ok , my extension isn't there yet even though I thought it was ☺️but my flexion is about 100.my knee is still swollen but told that's normal .dont have to go back til 3 weeks time . I'm coming off the tramadol and going on 30/500 co codamol hoping it gets rid of my sicky feeling and loss of appetite ! TC xx
 
Well done @Yorkshiregal54 I'm ever so glad you liked the group,physio. I, a bit better today although still a bit washed out! Hopefully the change in meds will help,with your appetites there is nothing worse than feeling yucky on pain killers!! I hope everything continues to progress mice and quick xxxxxxx
 
Hi @dogwheels just read your post on @DogLoverx3 thread. Just want to wish you good luck with the driving!!! You're lucky to have an automatic. I got to wait til I can do the pedal bin Ok and on a low enough dose of morphine to function properly. The reduction seems to be going ok but I am uncomfortable but not unbearable. A massive thanks for the limericks too they've been hilarious. I just started another one but haven't bothered to check on it's progress yet!!!! I was a lot better today. However, I felt rough again this afternoon and nauseous. I have to drag myself to PT this week or they'll strike me off for being off two weeks in a row so all I'm doing is resting as that's all I'm fit for. I did a bit of cooking earlier and felt Yucky cos I'd stood and cooked it!! There was nothing wrong with it whatsoever and my husband was immensely grateful!!! He cleared his plate!!! I've put some washing away and some on the rack to dry, out some in tumble dryer. Took couple of phone calls, posted a couple of chats on the site, finished my book and played Candy crush all in the name if distraction.

@DogLoverx3 I am still howling with laughter about your knee and my husbands name absolutely classic!!!! I hope your day goes well and look forward to hearing from you later if you are not too tired out. You are doing a fantastic job of keeping your work social life and those lovely doggies together. You don't realise how inspirational you actually are!!! Chat later xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo:puppysmooze:
 
I am not sure as well if my body is just not craving the higher dose and it's manifesting itself as discomfort.
At six weeks? Don't be silly! Didn't I tell you before that at 6 weeks I experience the very worst of my post-op pain? If you have pain you need to take the med for it. Now it not the time to be cutting back.

Did you are your GP if you could switch to Tramadol instead?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom