Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Boy, this is a touchy subject. My "domestic partner" of 18 years is now having anxiety attacks and can't leave house. Begging him to just take out garbage is too much of an ordeal. When I ask him if he fed cat his reply is well you're in kitchen you do it, and while you're there can u make me a sandwich. If only I had the strength,,,,,then when I want to lie down quietly with no company here comes this big bruiser yakking away asking a zillion questions. I have learned the art of tuning him out. I know he means well but heaven forbid he has a sniffle he's under covers and crying like a baby. All I would like is some peace and quiet.
Funny about mentioning about work friends I've been teaching at the same school for 22 years and I think 3 people called to check in. I guess out of sight out of mind. And feeling sorry for myself that no one cares. Enough of this wallowing. Going to ice elevate and lay with my kitty. At least she's quiet
Have a good day everybody
 
We all seem to be going through the same, at least they mean well. Doglover3 I feel for you, it must be so hard on your own and working as well. Hope everyone has a good night take care Terri
 
I know I am really lucky really, re reading my earlier post it was unfair, I had a wonderful dinner cooked for me again this evening. I can only plead that all the medications and the tiredness have got to me, I love him dearly and he is being a superb carer.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 OMG. I hope my post has not upset you! If you read it again it clearly says how I ad mire people who do this on their own! I wasn't and still am not well at all when I wrote it and it may have read a bit weird. So public apology DogLoverx3 absolutely no offence meant whatsoever.

I truly admire people who just get on with it and do it.
 
Ladies I think we're all feeling this situation at the moment. This weAther over here, is the wettest, most depressing winter ever and all that flooding!!!!! I have never seen so much rain ever, torrential hail, snow that stuck briefly and more rain all in the space of a few hours!!!! I think this British weather is seriously getting at us and as for you ladies further South or anywhere else at risk of flooding, I so feel for you. The whole country, everyone you talk to over here seems to be brought down by this rotten weather. Everyone seems so unhappy. So @DogLoverx3 could you please send us some of your sunshine x x x
 
You are right about the weather Nana moon, we are all so fed up with one rainstorm after another, it never seems to stop.
I'm going to try to get some sleep so that I can be at my best for the PT session tomorrow, another hours drive each way in the pouring rain, but I'm sure it's worth it.
I hope everyone here in the UK gets a pain free, sleep filled night, have a good day to those friends elsewhere.
Xx
 
I'm really hoping for some lovely weather when I'm in the UK in August --we will have had 4 roasting months in New Mexico by then so I'll be thrilled to be there.
 
Oh @Chihuahuan I hope your weather is ok in August too. It is soooo unpredictable. This at the moment is nothing like I have ever experienced it's dreadful xxxxx even one June went I went to Ambleside in the Lakes it wasn't this bad and it rained all week but there was some let up!!! X
 
Reading all theses posts...I completely agree @Nana moon 27 and @Ellejay! I think the weather, be it your rain, unbearable heat for @Chihuahuan or my snow has turned everything upside down and stretched moods to the breaking point.
I had a lovely day, even PT was enjoyable. I actually spent 45 minutes talking to people other than my 16 yr old daughter & hubby. It was soooo nice to be out in the real world. The minute I walked back through the door though, goodbye warm fuzzies and hello snarly nasty teenager, which in turn ruined my good mood and within an hour I was snapping at the husband and it only escalated from there. Teenager slams door, I yell.....and well, need I go on?
Hubs has now gone to the store, so that's a bit of time to cool down and now I must climb the stairs to go try and figure out what has turned my kid into a monster.

I try and rationalize it all, and I am thinking that I am exactly 4 weeks post surgery today and everyone else is all within a short range of that, give or take...frustrations are high. We can't do what we want easily, need help that we've never needed before, and all from family/friends that must be dealing with their own levels of frustrations about the situation as well. Tonight I made a pineapple upside down cake, and I used my heavy cast iron skillet. I knew I would never be able to take it out of the oven on my own and when I asked him to do it, he gave this small sigh....and then did it. I could almost feel him rolling his eyes. Only briefly did I envision hitting him with the pan.

May tomorrow be better for us all. As soon as it cools enough, I am going to wallow in cake.
 
I so can sympathise with you intact. But you have to ignore the sighing, the eye rolling. Even as I speak it sounds like mine is murdering the kitchen!!! So im staying up here outta the way!!! Sixteen year olds can be awful to their parents but will eventually calm. Have you asked if anything is wrong. It may be a reaction to what is going on with you and the house routine going up in the air. Silly things bother this age group. Stuff you and I would dismiss as trivial is the end of the world to them!!! So I would calmly say, can I have a word, I need to talk to you and start off by saying something really positive about them before you start asking how they are finding the house in your absence!!! Compliment them about something. Maybe hair clothes whatever. It's always a good start or something you've noticed they've done or achieved!! See if you can find something to do together while you are upstairs so that he/she has some quality time with you. This may not work but I always say things are worth a shot !!!!! Good luck x x x x
 
No apologies necessary NanaMoon. We are all having difficult times with this in our own ways. I know week 4 (okay, probably more like weeks 3-5) were my worst. All of our world's abilities to do things are kind of turned upside down and put on hold. I'm sure your horrid weather isn't helping at all. Don't be too jealous of my warm sunshiny weather. It's supposed to be in the upper 80s by the end of the week here. Far too early in the year to be that warm. Signals that we're going to have a horrid summer full of 118+ days. I'll be thinking of you all as I'm sweating in my jeans as my knee is still to fat, swollen and ugly to put into shorts. :-(

Hope you're feeling better!
 
Ooh @DogLoverx3 I'm glad you're okay about this!!!!!!! the heat can be just as bad as rain, in fact worse really for your knee. My trouble at the moment is I feel like I've ground to a halt, I'm in wk 5 and not doing what I thought I should be. This blasted illness is getting me down, the constant misery of the weather, being stuck in and worse still I'm losing my positive personality that I am renowned for!!! I feel like I'm turning into a bad tempered miserable old bat!!!! I'm so not myself and it's worrying me in case I'm spiralling back into depression. I don't want it!!! My daughter came tonight and said mom get yourself well and we'll go play shopping carts for you in Tesco's to get you out! I feel so Ill, even the thought seems immense, everything feels immense and a tad overwhelming right now and I hate this feeling!!!

Sooooo glad to hear from you. Please give those doggies a big fuss off me and take care. I have responded somewhere in your thread about those knee supports!!! :puppysmooze:
 
I'm quite certain your cheery and upbeat personality will re-appear when things start getting a bit easier and you are feeling better. We all go through the blue periods and you have more than enough reason with being sick .... and your asthma.... and your weather ... and everything else. Don't you worry. Next week you'll feel better and will be playing in Tesco's with your girls! ;-) This is a pretty discouraging surgery we all had. The one steps forward counterbalances by the two steps back will mess with the most positive person's mood and ability to cope with things.

Thanks for your input on the knee supports. Makes total sense! xoxo
 
I'm not sure which is worse the hailing rain or the constant ny snow storms. The stores are emptying out fast due to the next storm approaching tomorrow into Thursday
I know oh it feels with your daughter. When I had my first hip done mine was 17 and if she showed up to visit at rehab there was an ulterior motive. As a single parent I think she was so afraid of something happening to me that she was so scared. Seeing me unable to do things for myself and relying on everyone for help was something she never envisioned happening to me.
Needless to saw her raging hormones and Sybil like behaviors didn't help. Now 4 surgeries later and a couple of states away she's calmed down. Guess she's finally used to me being replaced. No pun intended.
This is my 4 week mark and besides being moody, tired frustrated and exhausted log leg and I are getting along.
Hope everyone has a good nite and peaceful undisturbed sleep. Will that ever happen?
 
Hi @susanne

The log leg thing will ease a bit at a time. Even now occasionally I still get that particularly when I overdo it! I stopped overdoing it when I realised I was doing myself no favours. That saying less is more so applies well to this. It's just sometimes when you read others posts and they're streets ahead of you it makes you feel a bit, well of a fraud. This is not true! we all recover differently because the condition of our knees when we finally had surgery done. None of our knees would have been identical!!!

As for your daughter, yes she would have been scared. Just because they are seen to be teenagers doesn't mean emotionally that they are not fearful. In some respects they're worse!!! They don't cope well when the hub of the household is suddenly no longer the immovable rock they once had that now needs supporting. She just needs reassurance that eventually things will go back to some sort of normality and that you need her help like you have given yours unconditionally for all these years, and praise, praise, praise and reward! Works like a charm!!!!!

Three of my grandchildren are in their teens and I teach child care to 16-18 year olds at College!!! I am well aware of the monster that lurks within them:hissy:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning @Nana moon 27 - just a quickie to see how you are feeling today and hope that you might be feeling just a little bit better with that awful virus.
I am off for even more hydro this afternoon and currently trying to decide whether to wash my hair when I shower this morning in my nice and powerful shower, or wait until I smell like the Chlorine Fairy and use the dribbly excuse of a shower and feeble hotel style hairdryer at the pool. Its cold and damp today so I think it will be the former - don't think I can face a 30min drive home with very damp hair.
Think I should have taken the waterproof dressing and steristrips off yesterday (I was in such a hurry to leave the hospital on discharge I have forgotten when they said to do it :doh:). Will have to check today and then do a bit of Holby City on myself ....
Hope today is not too bad for you and you start feeling a bit more human soon.
Talk later.
ChrisX
 
Hi @dogwheels yes I'm a little better. Got husband to take me to chemist to get something for my throat ouch!!!! Took a parcel to the post office. Then home cos I felt rubbish and my knee was swollen so even as I'm typing it
is elevated. The wind nearly blew me over while we were out it was scary!! Now it's raining again!! Hope you get on ok today normally the nurse takes off dressings etc so you need to check that one out first x x x catch you later and thanks for your post x x x
 
Hi - sorry your throat is still bad, perhaps try gargling?
Hydros cancelled as Physio has caught the evil virus. Was going to ask when I was there about the dressing - but cant now, so a phone call is in order.
Rest up today and take things easy. Hope you feel much better soon and your knee feels a bit better.
ChrisX
 
Good morning @DogLoverx3, I hope that you managed to get some sleep using that new med!!!! I've ventured out today with his nibs and took a parcel to the post office, got something from the pharmacy for my throat which is killing. They taste like Pernod or amiseed. I bought a big fat custard slice from Gregg's had it with a cup tea when I got in and OMG it was heavenly. Trouble is I feel a bit blecky now!!!

Inevitably, my knee has swollen up because I made it go out and it was objecting before we left so I'm elevating and icing while I'm doing this post!!!!!

I'm trying to rest because if I don't get to physio again this week they'll throw me off the list. Then I have to lay. I am fortunate because I pay a hefty amount of national insurance each month out of my salary it goes into our National Health Service, which provides surgery, physio free. However, if I actually calculated the contributions up over my working life I've probably paid for this several times over!!! This service is drastically over stretched with too many non contributors using it. It's such a shame but the system was never meant to be stretched like it is.

I am going to look into getting private medical insurance because I think that the system is going to fail one day. I wAnt the peace of mind of knowing that we can get treated within a reasonable time frame. The only thing is you cannot opt out oF paying into NHS, so effectively I would be paying into two lots of medical really. This is why I am hesitant. Xxxx

Anyway I look forward to seeing how you've got on and whether you slept? Xxxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom