Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi NanaMoon! Sorry to be MIA today. It's late there now (if my math skills are doing me justice should be just before midnight). I hope you've had a good day and have been able to sleep/nap/rest today and are feeling better. I've had a busy day with PT this morning, then running a couple errand, visiting my little older couple with food and home now with the boys :puppysmooze:where my spazzy 45 lb PBGV just pounced on my knee! It's hard to get mad at him as he's so flippin' cute, but considering I'm having a challenge getting my OS to refill my Tramadol, I'm none too happy!

I know you're frustrated with your recovery and the ever annoying 1 step forward, 2 steps back thing, but you gotta keep your eyes on the prize! You're just about 5 weeks, so if you can hold out for one more (and get off that cruddy morphine) I promise things will start to get better. My pain, although still there, is much less; my bend is improving; and I'm a bit more 'brave' in going out to lunch or dinner or wherever for SHORT trips and getting out of the house!:scary:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's lovely to hear from you @DogLoverx3. No you can't get mad at the poor old beagle he can't help,how he loves you ouch!!!!!!! As for your OS he should be replacing your Tramadol, because you still need it! I hate this morphine but I am reducing the dose gradually. My knee seems to be improving since I stopped pushing it so much. That mantra of less is more is Clearly beginning to work for me now. I'm venturing out to the post office tomorrow to return a parcel and then going to a local supermarket to buy a new steam station iron!!! They are on offer at the moment.

My eldest daughter came tonight and took me over to her house where I had quality time with my grandson in the pic and his new born, paternal side, cousin. I cannot get used to Millie not being there, the late Boxer dog. I miss her terribly! I'm so used to walking in the house and shouting "Millie moooooo" it's so weird!!!
 
Anyway your maths are right @DogLoverx3, it is just gone midnight and I am in a nice state of relaxation but not tired as I napped a bit long this afternoon. I keep misbehaving on the limericks site in the social room here. I don't know what gets into me I'm like a thing possessed trying to shock! Ha ha ha!!!!! I'm not downright rude just double entendres and worrying rhyming words!!!! Ha ha!!! I think it's boredom really xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo big hugs to you and your doggies :puppysmooze: And I will attempt to leave the house - I've not been out since Friday night at my brothersxxx:scary:
 
I'm sorry about Millie :sad: I don't know what I'll do when it's time for my dogs to go (my 2 older are 15&16 and they refuse to sign and immortality agreement like i've asked).

Glad you got to spend time with a little new born today! How sweet!

I certainly hope you're going to use an electric cart at the market tomorrow (they have those over there, right?) and please don't try to do too much. I still get nervous when I know I have to go more than one place each day.

Glad you're feeling better and yes, the mantra works. I'm afraid I've got a very busy week ahead of me so that paired with my OS being a sh*t about refilling my Tramadol makes me a bit nervous. I'll find out for sure tomorrow what's going on, so hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.

I hope you're able to sleep tonight!! xoxoxo
 
Unfortunately @DogLoverx3, they don't supply those carts at this one so it will be a straight in and out job no messing!!!!

13 years for a Boxer is considered very lucky apparently but it doesn't take the loss of the pain. She had a massive tumour on her back leg and her legs back and front gave way in the end. There were no further options. They spent a fortune at the vets to no avail!!!

I will take it easy tomorrow I don't want Josephine sending me emoticons head banging a wall!!!! Ha ha ha xoxoxoxo hugs xoxoxoxo:puppysmooze:
 
Oh @DogLoverx3 , as you say Boo, I gotta cancel all my plans for today. I was going post office, supermarket, rest. Then this afternoon I was being dropped off at a friends house. Guess what my throat is so raw and it feels like I have a bag of marbles in my neck. To say I'm fed up right now is the biggest understatement ever x x x x x x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
hi I hope you don't mind me dropping in ? Here are my 2 babies tigger 8 mths and poppy 5 yr staffy . They get on really well together . X
 
Oh @Yorkshiregal54 they are gorgeous. We don't have our own pets because we go away so often, my daughter had a beautiful Jack Russell, and as she works shifts, he would spend the night with us one week every month, I would also walk him if she was on a day shift, but unfortunately he was very old and he died, we all miss him so much. She does have her two house rabbits, they are such fun.
@Nana moon 27 , I'm so sorry you're not feeling well today, especially as you had plans. I'd be so upset - do you have someone with you? Do you have a good film on DVD you can watch? A large bar of chocolate? I don't know what to say, I know how upset I was yesterday, so can imagine exactly how you are feeling. Sending you big hugs xxx
 
Hi everyone Yorkshire Girl love your animals, so nice that they get on. Nana Moon you are going through the wars its a nasty virus we had it for a few weeks caught from the grandchildren of course, have you tried manuka honey very good for a sore throat. Feel a bit better this morning after a bad night pain in both knees thank you Physio Its good to have a stick now and seems to make me walk much better.Terri
 
((hugs)) take care of yourself Nana Moon! Try to rest as much as you can and drink lots of warm liquids (salty chicken broth will be good for your throat). I hope you feel better. I am off to cater this morning (on 3 hours sleep - yuck), but will check in later when I get back. My doggies send kisses! :puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 @Ellejay , @Yorkshiregal54, @yiayia3 , @glazed151 and everyone else thank you for your kind words and pictures. The pets are gorgeous seriously! I'm still very much under the weather and there may not be much from me today. It is a nasty virus my thing this and I'm going stir crazy cos I've been stuck in since flipping Friday night x once again it's nice to know we are int he same boat and there for each other!!!! Xoxoxoxo
 
Hi what we like ??? Lol I'm feeling very low at the mo . Still getting over the weekend fever I think : plus my rom is not as good and frustration as set in my other half thinks he as been running ragged after me (doing too much ) buts it's only what I do everyday - feed the pets , put washing in etc he looks so miserable !!! If I get up to do anything he tells me to sit down and grumbles !!! Also all my workmates said they'll visit I'm still waiting !!! Tried calling for a natter no one in so just sat here feeling sorry for myself xxx
 
So relate to the hubby being fed up, my physio warned me this happens after a couple of weeks,my hubby goes out shopping or to look at the river level and is gone for hours!! Take care Terri
 
Hi gang. I truly hope everyone of us that has been fighting off the lovely February ickies, is beginning to feel better. I myself have been non stop sniffles and scratchy throat. I took my temp 2 x yesterday as I was convinced I had a fever, but thankfully no. Odd, though how simply walking to the bathroom can make me break out into horrible sweats. Today I have PT and again tomorrow and Friday. Really looking forward to getting out of the house this afternoon. Have been nowhere since last Friday! I hope I am able to make PT tomorrow and Friday, but that remains to be seen as the weatherman is predicting another big storm to roll in early Thursday afternoon lasting till mid Friday. If it all falls as predicted, I'll have another 12 inches or so on top of the already 2 feet on the ground. Gotta love Maine, in February, on crutches:eeeuw:
On a side note, since everyone is talking pets you might get a giggle to know my friends all joke that I live in a zoo! I have: 1 dog, a Bischon mix named Griffin, 3 cats: Josie, Gallagher and Juniper. 2 gerbils, as of yet unnamed, 1 guinea pig named Nigel, a 30 gallon fish tank, as well as a 16 year old daughter and a husband :rofsign:
So, to say the least, I am out numbered!
Anyhoo, take care friends, and may the day be nice to us all!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Poor you Nana Moon - the evil virus - nurse yourself well and get right over it as it seems to linger for a long time. You could really do without this, couldn't you? Last knock back I reckon and then you really will turn a corner and be feeling so much better and start making giant strides ahead. Perhaps this bug has been lurking in your system and is what has made you feel so out of sorts for the last few days?
Yiayia3 - oh I can feel for you on both counts - evil PT and disappearing husband. PT yesterday finished me off and I too had a rubbish nights sleep. Then my husband 'escaped' for most of the day. He had only just gone, and my tumble dryer started beeping manically - every day I remind him to empty the condenser drawer and filter. Huh! The container was SO heavy and absolutely brimming over with water and I had lint the size of a cricket ball. So I got on and dealt with that and then systematically dealt with the rest of the washing. A UPS delivery arrived and the dipstick deliveryman couldn't see why I couldn't take the huge parcel from him, and sign for it, while on crutches. Doh! Then I really fancied soup for lunch, but couldn't figure how I could get it safely from the kitchen to somewhere I could sit down. So I made do with avocado and chicken mayo - but it gave me galloping indigestion. That was the final straw, so I escaped to bed and managed a snoozey catch up. Husband returned and decided to change the bedding on his bed ...... what about mine? Perhaps I am unreasonable, but all through life as Mums and OHs I think we second guess what the other person wants or needs .. before they have to ask. Is this empathy just a woman/mother thing? I feel such a nuisance having to ask for things, 'Thanks for the water jug darling .... but please may I also have a glass?' ..and then waiting for the sigh ....Not once has my husband asked how I felt, no flowers when I was in hospital ........ he was taking a business call as I was wheeled out for Theatre and apologised profusely to the caller that he had to interrupt the call for a second! That said - we have been together for 36 years, I love him to pieces but knew in my heart of hearts that his nursing skills were going to leave a little to be desired.
Glad you like the ratty pic Glazed151 - once you have had ratties I think you are always smitten ....... they say they leave pawprints on your heart. Awww ...... What a menagerie you have!
And love your picture Yorkshire Gal of your cat and Staffy ... lovely that they are pals.
Well this has been a great big catch up as I have been offline for most of the day.
Here's to a good night sleep tonight my friends and a comfortable day tomorrow!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @dogwheels, your husband sounds so much like mine. My big upset yesterday, now I look back, was just because he hadn't thought I might like a cup of tea before he got organised with breakfast, so I'd been awake for two hours, showered, dressed etc and I think my blood sugar level probably just got too low,and I couldn't cope and just dissolved into tears. He is doing brilliantly in cooking all the meals, but needs constant reminders of how to do things. We make our own bread (in a machine) which he has happily taken on, but forgot to add any water to the last lot. He is my best friend and I absolutely adore him, but it really is so frustrating seeing how he can mess such simple things up!
 
Do you know what were all the same!!!!! It's this situation were in! These men don't always understand and unless we say directly what we want it doesn't always work. Then the grumpiness and face pulling, eyes to heaven routine. But I couldn't have done this very easily alone. I truly admire people who just get on with it and do it. I just can't. But I'm ill at mo so I'm not right at all mentally right now. Once again thanks for your responses x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Alright ladies, try doing this recovery totally on your own. I'd rather have a martyrish type of man around to help out every now again, than have to do it all myself. :groan: I think it's one of those 'grass is always greener' type things. Regardless of the caregivers, this is ONE TOUGH recovery! ;-)

I hope you're feeling better Nana and everyone else. I'm not sick, but I get to endure the lovely hot flashes that seem to pervade my days and nights. I was hoping that once I got further along in my recovery and cut back on my pain meds that they would get better. I'm still waiting. ;-)

Hope you're having a great day!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom