Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I was embarassed to use the electric carts at 1st but now I may never STOP using them :) hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you NM27. ((hugs))
 
They're upsetting me mentally as well because my insomnia is worse
Interesting you should say that. Whilst searching around I also found these side effects
sleeplessness
trouble sleeping

also:
agitation
irritability
mood changes
muscle pain or tenderness
unusual tiredness or weakness
pain in back, ribs, arms, or legs
swelling of the fingers, hands, feet, or lower legs
feeling restless
 
FYI I am feeling a touch better today. Resting elevating icing taking meds. Nursing this wretched bug but at least my headache went. My profile pic is me and my grandson in his 18th birthday last September x I'm incredibly proud of him x x x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


Hi @nana moon27, I really enjoyed my outing when I borrowed an electric scooter, they are great fun - do try one. It certainly makes a shopping trip more comfortable.
How has your weekend been? I was able to get out yesterday evening to have an Indian meal, I was even able to walk to the restaurant ( very local!) today the village church was showing off the snowdrops in the grounds and offering tea and cake, so I met up with various friends there which was really enjoyable.
New week tomorrow, let's hope it brings us an improvement in our recovery.
 
I meant to say - I love your profile picture, how lovely to have the two of you together. I can't imagine such a strapping grandson, mine is only two years old.
 
Hi @Ellejay, you are so supportive and the pic is great!!! I've arranged with my daughter to use one of those scooters on Tuesday evening. I will get her to take a pic too. I'm getting on well knitting the squares for my sister in law. I even dug out a tapestry I started 15 yes 15 years ago! My grandson walked in tonight and said he's never seen me knit or sew before! I said that's cos normally I'd be marking students work on a Sunday night. I have three grandsons and two grand daughters. The one pictured is an only child ( by his moms choice!) she had a boxer dog instead of another child !!! Then there is the three belonging to my other daughter they are a lad aged 17, and two girls aged 13 & 7. My youngest grandson is 9 and belongs to my son. I have four step grandchildren of his too. So Christmas is hectic but marvellous!

I'm actually really enjoying doing this knitting and sewing! It was nice cos when my sis in law came round she sat on my bed with me and we were both knitting these squares for a blanket she's making, my husband brought us up a cuppa and we basically knitted and chatted putting the world to rights!!!!

I wanted to go out for Sunday lunch but because of my knee induced problem at my brothers on Friday night, my husband said not yet, which I understand his fears but at some point this has to be addressed.

Snowdrops are my favourite flower at this time of year, alongside winter flowering jasmine. I actually have roses in flower right now due to the unnatural weather. One bad frost they'll be so gone...shame!

Ellejay, it only seems five minutes since my grandson was two, the time flies by so fast. They're lovely at two, challenging behaviour wise at times, but a fantastic age to watch them grow and develop.....marvellous!!!!

Thank Ellejay xxxxx
 
Lovely pictures of you both, the scooter looks fun Elliejay may try it,I went out for lunch yesterday it was nice to get out but had enough after a couple of hours, the Thames is still very high many of the riverside houses are flooded never seen it like this.Hope you all have a good day physio for me this morning Terri
 
Morning @Nana moon 27 ; @YiaYia 3 and @Ellejay - just woken up and seen your new photos. Great photo with your grandson Nana, and the electric scooter one is super, Ellejay. I too have physio this morning @YiaYia 3 so will think of you as I go along the A3.
An 18 year old grandson? My goodness! He looks a lovely young man, and even lovelier, that he is obviously pleased to have a photo taken with his Nan. My only daughter is 28 - absolutely love her to pieces - she is very clever (like her dad) and forging a great career for herself. She has left a constant trail of young men in her wake since she was 12 .... but wont settle until she finds the 'right one'. On Saturday night she was watching the weather, like @yiayia3 said, due to the rising levels on the Thames. She bought a little cottage right by the river last year - and it is her pride and joy. It has never flooded since it was built in 1845, and survived this weekend, but many nearby were not as fortunate - the Thames is really high, even this near to London.
Well I hope you all have good days today. Like you Nana, it is a Post office trip for me. Royal Mail are the bane of my life! I missed a signed for delivery as we were at physio - rearranged the delivery and guess what? They haven't bothered! So it's a trek to the Sorting Office - thankfully I have PT this morning so we will stop en route.
This evening a friend is cooking us an original Sri Lankan meal - and husband will go and collect. Really kind, and I am sure it will be lovely, but the way my stomach has been since the op - I am somewhat fearful of the consequences:sick:.
My daughter has just this minute texted as she took one of her pets to the vet this am on the way to work, and it needs some tricky surgery and may have to be put down:boohoo:. That's the trouble with small furries, their lifespan is sadly, so short. It breaks my heart.
Well I must go and make myself presentable for physio - traffic is bad, so an earlier start is needed, enjoy your days and talk later.
 
Hi Nana Moon its feels like one step forward two steps back very good days and some bad like to be doing much more but then that's me, keep going to the bathroom kitchen etc and leaving the crutches not sure if that's good or bad, seeing my physio this morning so we will see, hope your o.k will speak later Terri
 
Hi Dogwheels may well pass you on the A3, sorry to hear about your daughter's pets, its so sad when you lose them, we always had dogs and cats but now we travel a lot we have a motorhome so no pets but I do miss them. Have a good day speak later Terri
 
Hi @dogwheels. I do hope yours daughters pet makes it. It doesn't matter how small they are still a little personality! When I was I hospital my grandsons mom has to have their thirteen year old Boxer put down. She was more like a family pet because on a Saturday when she would get ready to come to mine, the dog would decide she was coming too and block the front door by sitting in front of it until she put her harness on her!!!
So she was a much a member of the family as the kids!!!! I miss her terribly. There's still this big massive gap I our lives. My daughter has spent money and had her ashes returned and my grandsons friend who is a talented carpenter has made the most beautiful box with Millie's name on it. ( I'm getting upset again).

Hi @Chihuahuan thanks for that. You're right about the blooming pain meds driving me crazy. @DogLoverx3 knows I'm a bit scatterbrained at the moment (good job). You see here it is 5.15 pm!!! Thanks for the time zone reminder xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Bentley's Slave we seem to be very similar in our recovery. I can't wait to go out into some sort of normality but gosh it seems to be taking forever. What helped me get my head around this op was the advert for that yogurt Jayne Torville advertises for bones and knees on the tele. A diagram comes on showing two bones under the knee and one on top and when you think we have three broken bones and a new knee healing, it kind of makes sense of it all doesn't it? Bentley is adorable btw!!!!
 
@Nana moon 27 Your HiYa made me feel so homesick for the three girls that I grew up with in the UK. They became my daughter's godmothers; I see them whenever I'm in the UK. I have cousins who live in Codsall and their daughters are both teachers --one in Sutton Coldfield and the other in Birmingham.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - hope you have had a better day today. I know some people really cant stand pet rats, but my daughter's boys are lovely and so clean and intelligent - thankfully, the little old boy made it through the op, and hopefully will recover OK. At least its bought him a bit more time. His name is Sullivan (his brother is Gilbert) and I thought you might like to see his lovely little face. My daughter visits me every evening, and so she came straight from the vet with him tonight. We had a lovely cuddle - and commiserated with each other!
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
What a face! I had a pet rat years ago. She was very sweet.
I do so enjoy reading everyone's threads....and how they jump from topic to topic!
I'm more of a lurker....posting once and a while, but I so wish each of you a lovely day.
Today I discovered I could elevate the leg without the excruciating pain I'd previously experienced every time I tried. Yay!
Small things are suddenly huge!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Ah @dogwheels, Believe it or not I think he's cute and so glad he made it!!!!! Like I said earlier our pets are our pets no matter what, and we love them x x x a lot of people don't like rats but I like the tame ones x x x x

Hi @glazed151 well done x x x x
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom