Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I feel so sorry that your evening was spoilt, and you are so upset. I have replied and tagged you on another thread. I'm sending you big hugs and lots of love
 
What a disappointment - you poor thing, you must be feeling right fed up and in so much pain. I do hope that your knee calms down and you manage to get a reasonable night's sleep tonight.
Lots of love and hugs winging their way up to you, right now.
Hope tomorrow is much better
ChrisX
 
I too am so sorry that your evening was ruined by your knee. How frustrating!
I wish I could help as to why things like this happen, but I think we all know first hand that there are no easy explanations or even answers sometimes.
I am really glad you have a supportive family!
I had such a lousy day the other day too and it was my family and friends that made all the difference.
If there is one thing I've learned here, it's that no 2 surgery outcomes are identical. We all have great days, okay days and downright awful days. I hope for you tomorrow is a better day.
As for feeling sorry for yourself...again that was me the other day and something we all go through, so vent away!
I'll be thinking about you!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Can I just thank you all so much and I'm sending massive hugs back to you xxxx
 
:sad: I'm sorry NanaMoon:sad: see, if it were my family, I would have been thrilled for an excuse to leave early :blush: minus the sudden and severe pain that is. Hopefully you're feeling better. I had some horrific shin and knee pains right around 4 weeks, but if it's any consolation, they didn't last long and hopefully yours won't either. :sorry: ((hugs))
 
Ah thanks, surprisingly this op has done good for family relationships for me. Me and my brother for the first time in a very long time are getting along and the support is immense x that is a positive. You know what I so want to drive but definitely can't because of pain, stiffness and pain meds!!! I struggle to use the pedal on the pedal bin so there's no way I can use clutch and brake on my car. I wish I had an automatic !!! My trouble is I'm restless a bit depressed and out of sorts. Can't seem to shake it off. I'm beginning to develop an unhealthy fear of returning back to my two jobs. This is not normal fir a workaholic like me!!! I'm scared I won't manage after this, because the control freak in me has been brow beaten x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 - how are you doing today? From some of your postings it looks like you may have had a bit of a disturbed night.
Try and rest up today, and put yesterday behind you - I felt so sorry for you last night.
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
Here's the best I can do from here - a bunch of flowers - with my love!
 
Ah dogwheels you are so kind. Accepted with extreme gratitude. And yes, my night was horrid x x x
 
I so understand what you are going through, the feeling out of sorts. I am usually a very positive, bubbly personality, I was an assistant head teacher, so totally in charge of everything, but four weeks of this has turned me into a dependent, introvert who can't even decide what she wants for breakfast! Friends and family have been wonderful, really supportive , visiting me, taking me out, but I am just not used to having my life controlled by others. Admittedly my life was controlled by pain for the last few months and I wasn't able to do much at all, I had retired from school because I just couldn't keep up with the children, I worked with 4-7 year olds. In a way I wish I had a job to work towards as now I have nothing at all to aim for, but I do understand your fear of returning.
I do hope that you have a good weekend
xx
 
I am so sorry about your evening what a shame hope your feeling a bit better today there will be other parties and I bet your'll be up there dancing the best of them sending you lots of hugs Terri
 
Try not to compare your recovery with that of others. Even tkrs on the same person, two different legs (even on the same leg!) will not be the same. Do the best you can for you. Try not to compare your recovery.

Take your meds on time - NOW is not the time to be a martyr.

When the chips are down, that is when you find out who your REAL friends are.

Remember: Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!
 
Hi @Josephine, you asked me to tell you what I did 12 - 24 hrs before. Well I cancelled physio cos my Chest is still not right. I rested and fell asleep in the afternoon. I woke up in considerable pain as I had slept in a strange position. I took pain meds the knee responded to a degree but was not right. I didn't want to go out but thought it best if I do. I took ice with me which I used. Out of nowhere, after an hour, this white hot shooting pain went straight across my knee cap 10+ pain! While I was sitting! I gasped, burst into tears as it was so bad and my husband had to take me home. I elevated iced etc. The only other thing I did was reduce my pain med morphine that morning which I've upped again this morning in case it was that. Thanks fOr reading this post x
 
Hi @Josephine, is it possible because I am taking steroids that things are moving around in there as the swelling subsides because I'm sure steroids are anti inflammatory. Could that be causing discomfort? Ithe knee is easier this evening but still feels tight x x x
 
Hope you got to take a nap after your knitting party! ((Hugs))
 
Ha ha that's hilarious x x x it was lovely but like another life...hard to explain. Just wish I hadn't got so bad a headache x x x x x
 
I should take this time to teach myself to knit. I crochet all the time. I crochet for a charity and send things anonymously to those in need. :)
It helps me to remember there are always others who have it worse than I :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Sorry, Nanna. I needed to have a think about this before I answered.
because I'm sure steroids are anti inflammatory
Actually, you've got a point. Steroids are the ultimate anti-inflammatory; that's why we coin the term Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID). It's also possible that it might be giving you and artificial 'high', making feel like you can be more active in regards to your knee. I don't know - that's just a guess.
 
Thanks @Josephine you again have hit the nail on the head. I feel like I can do things I can't because of the fake high off the Pred. The frustration is ten times worse. They're upsetting me mentally as well because my insomnia is worse, even though I get up at 6.30 am to take them for this reason. Only couple more days then I'm on to the tail off dose thank goodness xxxx If its not my knee telling me off it's the breathlessness! I have made sure I did very gentle exercise on my knee today as I thought three trips up and down the stairs for a bedroom break was adequate, plus me and my daughter changed my bedding this morning and she vacuumed my room for me, damp dusted everything. Thank goodness!!!!!! Anyway knee is easing up a bit now but that pain yesterday was a inexplicable and the absolute pits!!!! Thanks again Josephine you are an angel :angel:
 
Hi I hope you've been having a good rest ready for tomorrow x much knee is easing up thank goodness but I'm not good again mentally. It maybe the steroids, my frustration with the situation and sleep deprivation. I was reading your comments about shopping carts. My daughter has talked me into perhaps trying one next week T our local supermarket because I'm crawling the walls. I can't go out because it's wall to wall rain here and gale force winds. Xxxx I'm only 5ft 5 ins so I should fit in ok I hope. Xxxx
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom