Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hope you're feeling better soon with the breathing etc.
 
Thanks @kneeper I'm feeling a little easier but my insomnia is worse because if having taken steroids. I'm always the same. I'm supposed to go physio tomorrow but I'll see how I am I already overdid things today and Josephine so made me laugh with her emoticon. Any way thank for your concern Kneeper and I hoes that you are ok too x x x
 
I hear you. I had a very short course of steroids once and was up all night.
 
Hello @ DogLoverx3 hugs are most welcome. Bit of a downer but ok my cyber dog is cute x:puppysmooze: I've literally just opened my eyes. Don't even know I how I physically feel yet. I'll get back to you in a bit. How are you my friend? Xoxoxox
 
Good morning sunshine! I hope you're feeling good. I'm okay, thanks. Made myself climb out of my pit of despair and met a friend for coffee and a movie. It was nice to catch up as I hadn't seen her in a while. You know you're with a real friend when she offers to take your zip lock baggie to the concession stand to get it filled with ice before the movie. ;) xoxox
 
That's just what you needed! My best friend came the other night and I as like a different person. I wasn't even expecting her. My husband said you'd have thought she'd have called first and I said no she doesn't need to book appointments!!!! She bought me flowers and chocolate mint matchmaker choccies! We ate half a box before we knew where we were and laughed our heads off! This coming from someone who has lost pounds because shed gone off chocolate! So what movie did you go and watch? Was it any good? Xxxxx oh and my chest is a bit better although it still feels tight so I'll give it another couple hours before deciding about PT xxxxx
 
You want to have a look at the limerick page on games, between me and dogwheels yesterday or should I say early hours. My insomnia was absolutely appalling last night xxxxx
 
@DogLoverx3 & @Josephine, I have cancelled physio just don't feel well enough. Peak flows back up to 350 better than 300! But thought to be sensible for once in my life! Xoxox yes you will need to sit down Josephine!!!!! I'm being sensible you know the unheard of thing in my life!!!! (Apart from education and family)
 
Education, family and friends will always come first!!!!! But at this moment in time guys it had to be me xxxxxx
 
Morning @Nana moon 27 - sorry you are still feeling yukky today, but think you have done the right thing cancelling your PT. You need to do what your body tells you is right.
I loved my limerick - :loll:- it really made me laugh, thank you!
My knee was protesting last night, and this morning my back really aches (poor old girl) - its really wet and windy here and I would love to crawl under the covers and forget about Hydrotherapy, but no can do .... Hydro really is the sneakiest of things .... it sort of woos you as it's really warm, and you can move about easily, and floating feels so good, but you come out and instantly feel about 40 stone, and realise how hard those pesky PTs have managed to work you. You are then good for nothing for the next few hours.
I really do believe that my 'bat hanging' has helped and my knee swelling is improved - I certainly have a brand new batch of purple bruising ........ round my ankle this time. What a pretty leg I have.
It was funny you saying that you had gone off chocolate - so have I. In fact I would go as far as to say I have gone off everything brown - chocolate, cola, meat, chocolate cake etc I am very much eating white and yellow ....pasta, jacket potatoes, sandwiches, rice, coleslaw(!) ........ oh and salad. Weird isn't it??
Well I had better go and get the swimming costume out, and deal with this mornings emails, then do a bit of bat hanging before I head off for the water torture.
Talk later - hope you start feeling a lot better XXX
 
Good luck I'm so glad you liked your limerick it was a good bit if fun in the midst of my insomnia x x enjoy the water torture but you know I wish we had that here x x x
 
Yeah I know lots of people would like the opp to have hydro - and I am fortunate - although its certainly not cheap. However people may not realise that at some places you only need to pay for a couple of water based physios, and then you can go 'self-help' which is quite reasonable. As you know the exercises, you do not need supervision, and are just paying for pool use.
When I had my meniscus repair I was living in the Middle East and was advised to do some post op exercises in water. I used the pool at the beach club I belonged to - but not for long. My somewhat misshapen and bruised leg seemed to put all the locals off their sunbathing (tee hee) and I got a bit fed up with their obvious distaste - so had to try and snick in and out when no one was looking.
Hmmph..... Nana Moon, just found out that what with my weird appetite and upset tum, I seem to have lost considerable poundage (secret hurrah!) - the swimmers I wore a couple of days ago, now gape at the front and are quite revealing. Ooops - gonna have to try and rummage to find more that are a bit more pc.
Take it easy and talk later
ChrisX
 
Well tonight I went to my brothers house. It was his 10th wedding anniversary and his wife's birthday.

MY KNEE WRECKED MY NIGHT!!!!!!!! I took and sat with ice on my knee the family waited on me like royalty, I was given the job as photographer because I was sat in the best position and my brother was jokingly upset because I took a nicer pic than him of his wife with her birthday cake!!!!! All my grandchildren and my daughters were there, I had lots of compliments about hair, (thank you granddaughter), makeup,clothes and my weight loss. One minute I was laughing and joking with everyone and suddenly out of nowhere, the hottest, most excruciating pain scale10+ like boiling oil struck through the front of my knee. It made me gasp and immediately cry. I felt so foolish. Everyone was lovely but I was so embarrassed!

Anyway, my husband brought me home, had to help me upstairs and I was sobbing. I have taken strong pain meds early and elevated my leg. Why does this keep happening? One minute ok, next on the floor.I just don't understand this? Other people seem to get on so much better than me at this stage and earlier, I'm so frustrated, angry and upset with the situation. I'm definitely feeling sorry for myself x the only thing that happened today was I fell asleep in a funny position in the bed when I woke up after my nap. My knee hurt then. X x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom