Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hiya NanaMoon! I'm doing okay today, thanks for asking. Xoxo I have been able to cut back a little on my pain meds, but I just don't seem to have much energy today. I'm in bed watching TV and contemplating a nap instead of doing any of the dozen things I should be doing :whistle: How are you doing today?
 
I'm doing good today x I felt so much better because of the sleep. I have taken it easy this afternoon/evening. I'm tired too! However, I do feel better. The weather was sunny today and that always makes me feel better x x x my granddaughter has come straight here from high school and we're having a girlie night til her mom comes watching soap and other rubbish always good for a laugh xxxx
 
:happydance:I'm so glad you're feeling better today! You've had some great days with fun visitors, so I know that's helped as well! A sunny day is always a bonus! :SUNsmile: I just woke up from my nap (a whole hour) and it's 2pm here. No clue what I'm going to do with the rest of my day. Not too keen on getting dressed again (i've gotten SO lazy), and although it's sunny out, it's cold (by Arizona standards) so no backyard play time for the pups & me. Guess it's back to laying around and doing nothing in preparation for catering tomorrow! :yawn:

Have you found, btw, when you tell people that you had a TKR that their first reaction is either a look of horror, or to ask when I'm having my other knee done? That's when I give the look of horror! :beg:
 
You know what they do do that face a distinctly stricken expression and yes they do always ask about the other one. Believe me I'm in no hurry for that if I can help it !!! You enjoy your lazy day. I'm going to have a lAzy morning tomorrow and do nothing. I know what you mean about the whole getting dressed thing. I put in jeans but each pair although an amazing comfortable fit now due to the weight loss, they rub my scar so it's back into good old trackie bottoms x and really I don't care it's nice to slob around x x x comfort bring it on, and I don't care if I'm getting old!!! It's purely a state of mind any day down!!!! Chat later xoxoxoxoxox
 
I'M SOOOOO glad you're having a good day! You've had a rough go of it so far and maybe *fingers crossed* you're starting to turn a corner! :happydance:If so, you're 2 weeks ahead of when I started to fee better :wink: xoxoxox
 
Please, please, please DogLoverx3 let this be the case!!!! I'm very mindful don't to go crazy just cos I've cheered up. I'm in bed making sure I'm resting letting the meds kick in properly! Hope your day is good too. Chat soon love Nan Moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
I hope you're getting a good (decent?) night's sleep! I've had a very lazy, but fairly pain free day. Don't get me wrong, my knee has been sore & stiff & tight, but no 'big' hurts which was a nice change of pace. ;) I've got PT tomorrow as well as a luncheon to cater, so I should be pooped by tomorrow afternoon. Such a long 'journey' this is. I just took my Tylenol PM & 1 oxy in the hopes that I can sleep well with no pain :) do you have PT today? Xoxoxoxox hope your knee is feeling good!
 
Hi, good luck with your luncheon today. I hope all all goes well for you. I don't have PT until Friday, so today I am having an easy day of pottering around the house. I had lots,of cat naps but got nervous again because I I have a bit of a scare with my higher night time morphine dose. It gives me vivid nightmares that I struggle to wake from. My husband heard me making a funny noise apparently because in this dream I could not wake up or get out of it. He managed to wake me and I was scared stiff. So I am going to try and see GP and see about different meds. My knee seems to be my friend again thank goodness. Anyway try and get a good nights sleep!!!! Have a great successful luncheon and I hope to chat to you later! X x x
 
Hi Nan moon, I'm not too bad, I think I was so thrilled about my fantastic progress in the first 3 weeks, I'm a bit down this week as I haven't made any progress this week (although to be fair I'm probably in a good place for not yet 4 weeks) and my left knee (the non operated one) is really playing up and is more painful than the operated one. For some strange reason it isn't responding at all to the painkillers that are working for my operated knee.
I've got my second group physio session today, it's at a hospital in London, I'm in Hertfordshire so it's quite a journey. I know it's going to be good for one knee, but
 
You must be feeling better Nana Moon. Love reading about you and doglover3 always cheers me up. Hi Ellejay You sound like your doing really well, can relate to left knee my physio said my new knee is working better than the left one and only after 2 weeks.when are you having the other one done? I need the summer at least to get over this one maybe longer Take care have a good day everyone Terri
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ellejay you are doing amazingly well and honestly I'm over the moon for you! You will have god days bad days and you have to listen to what your knee says to you because believe me you upset it and it won't be your friend for days ha ha!!! Remember the Bonesmart mantra as soon as you come back from physio. It does help!

@yiayia3 it's lovely to hear from you too. I'm picking up a bit but very cautiously because I know from chatting to dogLover3 those blues or pain or both can strike you when you least expect it x x x x x x x please stay in touch I like chatting with you. My Asthma is bad today so I'm not doing much! Going to try and see GP tomorrow to see if he will change my pain meds and check my chest over x x

Anyway take care both chat soon love Nan Moon27 xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya good morning America, England and everywhere else! and good morning to @DogLoverx3! Right I am definitely improving mentally, I'm definitely sharper!!! I have reduced the morphine again and made the conscious decision to face my GP and ask him to change my meds tomorrow, even @Josephine has suggested this. I had to send her a pic yesterday of my knee cos it had a blue bit at the end if the scar. She thinks it may well be the sterile marker they use to mark the planned incision. Secondly my blooming Asthma is bad. My peak flow is just 300 it's normally 450-490. I feel physically rubbish, so the GP can have a listen. Bizarrely though there is no wheezing just tightness and shortness of breath. However, I'm taking it easy, pottering about the place so my lungs get exercised and my knee benefits from the movement. Catch you later love Nana Moon27 x x x x
 
Sorry to hear about your asthma acting up. :-( Hopefully your GP will get everything sorted out. Make sure that he switches your meds NanaMoon ~ anything would be better than the ill effects that morphine has for you. I'm so sorry about the nightmares. If he gives you trouble, I would insist. You won't know if anything else works, or if Tramadol can do it's job for you unless you try, so there's not much to lose aside from the yucky morphine.

You certainly sound to be in a better all around mental state. From one cryer to another - congrats! :-) Hopefully that part of recovery is over for good!

I woke up very stiff this morning. Not just my surgical knee, but my everything! I did make it through the night without having to take additional pain meds though, so that's a good thing! I'm down to taking about 4 Tramadol & 5-6 Tylenol per day + 2 Diclofenac & 1 oxy right before bedtime. :-) Still probably sounds like a lot, but it's better than having to take oxy every 4 hours and now I am driving 'legally' again! :tada:

I hope you're having a great day and are truly taking it easy! xoxoxxo
 
Well I am so pleased that things are improving for you too my friend. I know that stiff everything feeling when your body feels like it's seized up ouch! Not a nice feeling. I'm glad you're driving legally. I can't wait until I can do that. Unfortunately I'm not quite at that stage yet. I know I could not do an emergency stop with the brakes!!! That is the basis for my not driving yet. Hopefully around the six week mark. That will be the best for me x x x xox can't wait to be driving again when I'm ready. That feeling of freedom. Mind you, I've been okay staying in which is totally against my nature and has worried everyone around me. I haven't been bothered about what is happening at work that's not like me either. That's the one that has shocked my family the most!!!! I hope all goes well today and look forward to your chat later when you come back in to so your mantra. I'm doing that right now xoxox ice ice baby....
 
Hi @Josephine yes I am. I always take my Symbicort two puffs twice a day, Montelukast one at night. I rarely use salbutamol but had to use it last night and this morning. That gave me a clue something was up. I've rested and pottered and not gone out today. My knee is thanking me too x x x I will check peak flows again just before bed. I am feeling okay and better than this morning x x x I have made up my mind to go see my GP tomorrow about this and my pain relief meds. Will be interesting to see what his attitude is like. If I'm still unhappy then I may have to consider changing. It's a shame as I've been going there since I was very young. It's actually not in our local area. It's a bit more 'inner city' and over stretched which maybe the problem. There is a surgery over the road from where I live so maybe I may have to think about the future but not now! Thank you for your concern Josephine you are a lovely person x x x x x
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom