Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

My knees are unusually good. Maybe the improvement in the TKR is helping to take some of the strain off the left knee. I don't know. I still have the funny pain in my hip and foot but not like it was. I think this may be due to the fact that this joint has gone bone on bone at the back. Anyway it doesn't matter now. It's on the way to be mended. I will let you know As soon as I get a date x
 
Hello @Nana moon 27

You said:
"I too have fallen prey to the dreaded A&D, I'm currently having CBT but this seems to be a slow process. It's linked to being isolated so long and having no independence and so on. Then family stuff. I'm not as bad as I was. It's surprising how many people on here seem to get an episode during the recovery"

It is not surprising as there is so much emotional turmoil during this time. First the enormity of the pain before the op, lack of sleep etc. then the op itself, then for me feeling vulnerable and unable, then not recovering in our expected 3 days LOL and the long haul to recovery, not being able to be our usual independent selves etc so draining when we think we are starting off so strong. On top of that there can be other health issues, other family issues or other practical things as well os possible side effect of the meds we take. Our emotional selves certainly take a battering, not surprising that Anxiety and Depression can raise its ugly head. I am glad you have access to CBT. I know several people who have found it useful.

You are such a giver and a "carer" as evidenced on Bonesmart. You are so supportive to others too. So sending you lots of virtual hugs, chocolates and healing vibes.
Karen X
 
Thanks Karen @copsham

Yes until I had the revision done right up until the last month it's finally got better and better. I haven't driven for 14 months. Now I can't dip the clutch as my left knee needs replacing. I have moved the car in the rear garage space while hubby's getting his van out but not now x Oh that loss of independence is the pits. X

I shall enjoy those calorie free chocs thank you very much. You are also very kind and thoughtful. (((Hug))) love

Nana Moon 27 (Ann) x
 
Morning all rubbish sleep,last night. Never mind x Off to the hospital for gym physio today x x
Catch you all later.
Love Ann x x x x
 
Sorry you had rubbish sleep last night, Ann...lack of sleep really brings you down...makes everything harder to deal with.
Your granddaughter is stunning & obviously very talented ....how lovely.
So glad to see your revised knee is getting there......hope you get your other date soon...waiting is the pits.

Thanks so much for commenting on my thread.....it so helps.....Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I know how you feel when you have a bad and sleepless night. Hopefully the hydro pool will help you relax some and you can come home and have a good nap. Hope the physio helps make knees feel better and you catch up on some zzzz's.... :yawn: :zzz: :sleep:
 
Hi Nana moon 27,

How are you, how did physio go yesterday? I was going to ask last night but I was shattered. I am feeling better this morning. I am off to physio in another hour.
 
The pain struck my left knee, foot, hip and whole sole of my foot. My heel hurts. I know what this is. Probably the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis again. It's bothered me on and off the last few weeks. However, it's getting worse. Trouble is I'm at the GP surgery that much I don't want to go!

Love Ann x x x
 
Well it's official. Too much stuff for the cupboards in the kitchen. Down stairs loo room has taken shape. The cladding is coming tomorrow. He's hoping for completion within the next few days.

I'm drowning in stuff. Now I have to be strong and sort out, perhaps take good quality stuff the the Acorns Children's Hospice shop. At least then I'd feel the stuff is going for a good cause and do someone a favour that needs kitchen equipment xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 when we downsized we got rid of so much stuff and I can say we've never missed any of it! It's a good thing to do - very empowering. And Acorns will benefit. I work in Oxfam and we make loads from excess stuff. Just don't tire yourself out. Hope the PF is not coming back.
 
I hope it's not PF the of but if feels like it. I'm ever so tired. I am going to have to have a nap. Kids are coming for pancakes tonight x x I will,get in touch a little later. Thanks for checking in. Love Ann x x x
 
Hi @nana Moon Driving your car would be hard so understand why you are not driving I could not drive at this time if still having to use a clutch. . I used to have a Austin Mini before we got married and trying to push the clutch down and holding the brake as you pushed down on gas could not imagine doing this after surgery and sore knee so hoping that you get back to driving after you are all healed. Hard enough managing all that without doing it on top of surgery . Hope your knees are not giving you pain. Holly
 
Knees are aching. Good days bad days. More good than bad. Always worse at night @lavender

@SuperSnapper yes they will benefit. I love the fact that you help this good cause. We don't have an Oxfam near where I live, we've Sue Ryder, Mind and the Acorns.

Its Shrove Tuesday here. It's a big annual event for the kid and grandkids. xxxHomemade pancakes were such a success. I didn't weigh or measure a thing. I just did everything from experience, with lots of help from younger granddaughter. The kids loved them. I'd bought some Husband said they were the best he had ever tasted. Even better still for once I only ate one. Anyway the two granddaughters have ended up staying overnight.

I'm tucked up in bed waiting for pain meds to work. My heel hurts even resting on the mattress.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I had one of my work colleagues call round tonight. She's been in touch all through my recovery. Tonight she admitted how much she loves visiting our house as it is so welcoming, warm and friendly. She said she always feels relaxed when she visits.

I managed to walk round the corner shop twice today. This morning with my granddaughter and this afternoon with my daughter. Woohoo. Progress. Okay knees feel a bit warm tonight but hey it was a lovely day and so worth it.

All I need now is a good nights sleep and I'll be grand. However, as you well know that's famous last words from me to you. (See you 2.30am :heehee:)


How are you today? Xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi Ann, catching up on your thread. Your granddaughter is very pretty. I hope she gets her medal. Your knee is doing so much better since the revision and soon you will have a date and 2 good knees. Progress does feel good. I hope the good days continue for you.
 
Hi Ann @nana moon, I am doing the same as @Minnie's knees, catching up on your thread. My goodness still a lot going on and in pain as well. I am so sorry Ann. I hope that you find some relief somewhere. And now you are having foot pain. OMG, Maybe it is sympathy pain for me. (I just found out I have Calcium deposits in the ankle area and bursitis. By the end of the day I am trying at work not to limp). I know it seems like there is always something else. I hope today finds you feeling better. Take good care of yourself.
 
Ann, I am so pleased for you, getting out, visitors, talking to people - all little steps on their own, but they will build up to getting you back to a normal life again. That's all it takes, just one small step to start a long journey, I'm proud of what you are achieving, well done xxxxx
 
Well said. You know we usually dont even notice those wee steps. You are coping amazingly considering all that is going on. Oh tut madam im the only one to say im fine, chortle

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom