Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ann...you haven't failed anyone, your family or yourself. You have been very unlucky with your first knee, that wasn't your fault, thank goodness that has now been put right. I'm sure that the second knee will be fine and you will get back to your normal life again. I can totally understand how being at home for so long, and losing your independence, being on powerful medications all can affect your mental health. A short trip away will do you good. It will soon be caravan weather again, I can't wait.
Have you looked at the last minute offers from Shearings holidays, they do some Mon -Fri breaks at very reasonable prices.
 
Stop beating yourself up, Ann!
You've had a complicated and difficult recovery and had a revision as well. Now your other leg is being a nuisance. None of that is your fault, but it all drains your body's resources. That's inevitable and none of it is your fault.

While all that has been going on, you've been a great support to your family, through some difficult and worrying events. Far from being a failure, I'd say you're a heroine!!
:friends:
 
Hmmm Ann i know as well you know the frustratoin you are facing and i hv moaned about my silly foot so many times when ita nothing compared to you. So my friend what would you say to me. Boomerang statement it came bk at you. You are at the parade ring before the starting gates not long now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I apologise for my earlier post and I hope to God, that I've not offended anyone. Not the intention. I'm a bit low. I'm not attention seeking but I cannot stop crying. I'm wondering if this is hormones sorry

My eldest daughter came tonight and said I wasn't right on Saturday when they came and that they were concerned. I said for goodness sake you must tell me. I knew I wasn't because I couldn't cope with everything that's going on for days before the. I should have told the GP but because I went in alone everything went out my head. This is why my daughter normally comes with me because I'm incapable of remembering more than one or two things. I'd taken a diary with me for the meds I needed and to remind me to ask for two sickness notes. I completely forgot to mention how I was feeling and about this restless leg thing. Trouble is I'm there so much I don't want to go my more.

The house is upside down but I've just spent an hour and a half cleaning the main area at the side. That are looks like a really nice kitchen bit now. It's spotless. My problem is my beloved Orchids are on the kitchen windowsill with other plants and they look a mess. I think may be I need to buy some matching decorative pots to put them into. My house is small and physically there's nowhere else for them. They flower regularly. I've realised I've missed my friends birthday today. I'll call her tomorrow.

I have a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that I can't discuss openly but I'm disclosing that through the healthy minds site I use for my cognitive behaviour support. I know part of my problem is not being able to get to my mom and dad's they need me, they need my help. I can't get there. The lack of independence has got to me now. My middle daughter had said she'd take me to theirs after school today but something came up.

I phoned my dad choking back the tears. He kept asking if I was ok and I said it was the dust in the house affecting my chest which is partially true. He's feeling so much better today. He took my advice about staying upstairs for the first few days, that way he can get to the bathroom/loo easily and his computer in the other room. Tomorrow he's going to go downstairs. I said good. He said he's no longer holding his side and that's lovely for him.

Anyway thank you for your help and you have helped me, I promise. It's just with everything that's going on right now I'm on a knife edge and don't always see it.

According to the healthy minds site I'm using avoidance tactics and not facing some of my problems. I get involved in my kids problems to avoid dealing with my own. I come on here, I play iPad games, I love he social room on here, especially the limericks bit but apparently according to them I'm avoiding my own issues.

I do understand that x x x

Love Ann x
 
Anne, of course you haven't offended anyone, and the fact that you think you have is just another symptom of your present state of mind. We have always been here for you, to listen to you, to make suggestions, to support. Nothing you say would offend us, please don't ever think it would. We just want you to get over this horrible year and get back to normal again.
Sleep well,
Xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 I am sorry you are feeling so low but so easy to feel this way when life feels so upside down. I know how you feel not going out on your own as I do not go out often used to be out everyday such a busy life but could not manage the long walk around from our front door alone needing a walker so much snow thankful my husband is with me sometimes it makes you feel pretty helpless. you are strong just trying to handle lots at this time and can only handle so much that is part of being human you are doing your best.

I also understand your feelings of not keeping your job so much happens with this surgery time away from things that were so day to day before. We all think that not working is wonderful but if you depend on this work it is not always so.

You have had a difficult time understand that to most of my time seemed to be crying last surgery thought I was loosing my mind just did not feel like the happy easy going person that I thought I was so you are not alone there

Taking each thing one thing at a time Looking at the good things you can do you have your kids and grand children and they love you your husband who is making your house nice and friends who care.


So much involved with this surgery one step at a time is the only way found this out Hoping you feel better not easy when so much is happening but your knees will help you along when they are both done and healed how much difference I see with mine now much more stable. I hope your have your appointment for surgery not having to wait much longer might find after having both done it will make things easier think having both of my knees done now will make such a change as not off balance hoping this is how it will work out.

I know you have had a rough time reminds me of my first surgery but thinking back never had the rough stuff till the pt started no problems coming home and no worries till the pt started. It sounds funny maybe but I had no idea that having pt would cause so much stress just thought it would help but not ready for what is caused.


Not needing any worries after surgery and hoping that from this point your recovery and upcoming surgery will make things less stressful You deserve a break and hoping that you have an easier time wishing you all the best. What you are feeling is pretty normal so much to handle and think you are doing great hoping all goes well with your surgery



Sometimes you need to just put some of it aside easier said then done and I let things pile up sometimes just hard when so much happens at once. I remember one year it was New Years eve my husband had been in the hospital he was not given high expectations for coming home again. I went that day to visit him he was in isolation so no other visitors . I was very upset how would it work out had been crying lots some did not understand how serious it was and a nurse noticed me when she came in obvious I was not myself. She told me something I will always remember.

She asked me what was wrong had something happened explained some to her she knew the situation with my husbands illness and after talking she said honey a secret in life she said surround yourself with people who make you happy and you enjoy being with the others let go they are not good for you these things can be very damaging. I have remembered this as you cannot avoid all of the people who make you unhappy or stay away from the things that keep piling up but cherish the times spent with the people who love you and you love and those who are nice to be with

Be kind to your self you are not alone . Wishing the best for you soon when having your next surgery hoping you will have an easier time think the best of yourself you are very deserving of this and know you are stronger then you think just take your time and hoping it will all feel better my wish for you. :) Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@lavender

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience. It's so comforting. I feel for you. Some if the stuff you talk about is so sad, I cannot imagine how you coped. Especially when your husband was so ill. However, you and your husband seem to be very close. I love what the nurse said to you. I will try to remember that too.

Things have improved with my husband since all these recent deaths that's occurred in our lives, all in his side. I've now had enough and need something to cheer me up x

Bless you Holly, you are very kind and I thank you for your openness.

Love Ann xx
 
Ann glad you are having a better day today. So nice thst you got to visit your mom and dad and see for yourself that they are okay. Take care.
 
Hi all

Had a better day knee wise. Not too much discomfort in the non TKR for a change. Plenty of visitors.

As promised a pic of my granddaughter in her dance costume. Apparently the judges were all smiles at her. They told the dance teacher that she is a very talented dancer.

The makeup is just for dance x
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 198
  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 199
What a beautiful little girl your granddaughter is, Ann! You must be so proud of what she has achieved.
 
@ Nana moon 27, I hope she got her dance medal. She is a very pretty girl and talented.
 
I'm going to jinx myself now. My knees have been so good today I feel like I could dance. I won't but they're feeling that good. I'm having an early night tonight and see how this goes. Already in bed. I'm not in much discomfort tonight. TKR is 1, non TKR is 3/4 very bearable. I almost feel pain free which I've not had for two years counting the time before the op. I hope this lasts for a while. Please x x x

Thank you, yes I was Very proud, the petit Mal were debilitating for her. Oh they'd happen the very second she got any kind of stress or panicked. The teacher would spend 15 mins going through maths, she'd have a petit Mal and forget everything said. At mine she collect say her sandwich on a plate, go into petit Mal, the plate would crash on the stone floor and there was nothing. She heard nothing. It was like a switch turned off x coupled with total body eczema the poor little thing had a really raw deal. The eczema isn't too bad. The biggest relief is it's gone off her face and torso. It's just in her creases now.

We won't know about the medals for a couple of weeks but everyone admired her costume. My daughter said she peeked through the crack of the door as Keira walked in and the judges faces lit up. After she'd finished the dance teacher told my daughter that the judges were very impressed with her dancing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom