Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

(((((Hugs))))) to you and your family. Glad your dad is OK.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hope all is well with your Dad Ann, my Dad was discharged on Friday, but re admitted on Saturday because of problems with his catheter (they wanted him out of the hospital quickly so he didn't catch hospital acquired pneumonia, so sent him back to the care home with the catheter). He's back in the care home now, very confused, but safe I'm glad to say.
Your poor husband has had more than his fair share of bad news recently, I'm sure with your support he will find the inner strength to get through.
 
Hi all.

Thanks for the lovely messages. My dad is fine and has been let out today. I've spoken to him on the phone. He sounds so strong. I'm over the moon he's okay and home x x x I've had a lovely chat with him. I've a good chat with mom too xx

Please take care. I'd started this message and forgot to send it. I've amended it now. So yes good news x

Ended up with dreadful heartburn today. It just won't shift. I've taken four spoons of Gaviscon and it's done nothing x x x

Hoping to have a nap. I'm so tired. Think it's relief x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Grand lass im very happy for you errr dad that is not burn of the heart. X

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you for your kindness for my husband. He's bearing up. He went to his late brothers wife and had a chat with her and his niece. He's come back looking and sounding better.

The part came for the cooker today. He's just fixed it. Cost £25 inc next day delivery. He's so pleased. We had the oven and hob off our daughter, it's not 12 months old. They hadn't kept the receipts or even filled the guarantee in x hubby said we would gamble £25 as opposed to £250. There was even on line guidance on the spares web site showing how to fit the part x x x

It's working properly. He said it was nice to do something different and yes his brain in a different way. It was the boost he needed especially when it worked x

He's now doing more work to get the downstairs loo done. He said he's finding that a welcome distraction x x x

Please take care and I wish you all lots of love. Thank you x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi all

I'm tired and knees ache. Bit fed up but ok. Hoping a good sleep will fix me. Thanks once again for the support. It has been great x xx

Still got heartburn. Nothing is shifting it. I'm hoping the magic sleep will sort it x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x goodnight x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann, have you ever tried Papaya the fruit or papaya chewable tabs. That has helped a great deal with heartburn for me in the past. I hope that heartburn feeling dissipates with whatever you try to. If it is not one thing it's another it seems like. Hope the knees are not giving you a hard time. So glad your Dad was discharged home and is doing well. Thank goodness all went well. Take good care of yourself and hope you have a blessed day. Also hope hubby is having better days. So sorry you guys are going through so much death compounded together. My prayers are still with you all. :prayer:
 
Hi @chestnc and all

Once these next two funerals are over, I'm going to suggest to hubby that we go away for a long weekend somewhere.

I desperately need to see the back of these four walls.

The heartburn has finally gone x x x yaaay x x x

V tired going back to sleep x x x x please take love Nana moon 27 x x x x
 
I agree my friend you need a break esp before next big event. You dont haveto go far my girls always agreed they would rather get there quickly and start the hol. Sooooo many brilliant trips we had sheesh chortling at the memory. Glad burn of heart is away

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I agree with @Legin With such a lot going on for both of you, you need some time away.
Good news about your dad though. You must be very relieved.
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm so sorry to read about your dad being readmitted but completely relieved, when I read although the poor man is confused, he is back at his care home.

@Pumpkln thank you for your kind message, I really appreciate x x x

@yiayia3 thanks ever so much for giving me the advice. When I had this problem many years ago I used to take something called Indian Brandee in a cup of warm water and that used to work like a charm.

Hi @SuperSnapper. The relief about my dad was huge. Massive. My daughter said she'll take me over to see him tomorrow afternoon. That's something to look forward to. What's nice though is that he is fantastic with emails, texts and conversations. We did have a laugh yesterday though. He emailed saying he'd had a cafataria and it had made him go. It was his wacky humour letting me know he was hungry while he wrote it. My dad's got the best sense of humour. It's a bit Harry Hill at times but I find dad funny. Mom always tells me off for encouraging him :heehee:

I've got so fed up with this permanent sweating now that today, instead wasting my time washing, drying and straightening my hair yet again, I've tied it all up into a pony tail and be done with it!

Once this downstairs loo and kitchen are finished then I will see if there's enough funds left to go. Only somewhere cheap and cheerful, not too far x x x

@chestnc I hope,that you are ok too. Yes it's been a lousy start to the year but we are all here to tell the tale. Thank goodness.

Catch everyone later x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
@Celle thank you too for your well wishes they are most welcome

@gr82cu2 hubby will not consider counselling. However, he went and had a chat with his late brothers wife and niece and seemed a bit perkier when he came in.

I wish yourselves and everyone who I may have missed a lovely day.

All my love Annx x x x
 
Ok a quick update. Both knees are aching. However for the first time I can feel quadricep development in the TKR at last. I can feel the muscle pulling from above the centre of my knee to a few inches up my thigh. Wonderful. An improvement at last.
 
Good news on your quads and with all that hydro stuff, your other knee will be fit for the next operation too.
 
I finished hydro and this is my second or third week of hospital gym physio. I agree @SuperSnapper the hydro, now this is making the muscles work. They are very weak in the non TKR and some days I cannot exercise it through pain. Despite strong medication. Thanks
 
There is a door and frame on what's going to be the downstairs loo at last. The place is slowly beginning to take shape.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi all


I've been to see HR this afternoon. My daughter came with me, I was a bundle of nerves again. She said what a nice relationship I had with them. Again I've been reassured about my job. It will still be there. She was concerned about my shaking so I told her the truth of what's happened as regards my mental health issues and having to still undergo CBT. The issues are slowly resolving themselves.

I feel ever so inadequate. My recovery is uber slow but it is progressing. Everyone else is returning has returned to work, or normal lives or went back long ago. I cannot go out unless someone is with me and I despise the lack of independence.

Please don't anyone get me wrong on this. I need to make it clear. I am genuinely pleased for anyone who makes a wonderful recovery, I would never, ever, begrudge anyone.i embrace it with all my heart I truly do. It makes me glad to the heart when someone does well and doesn't have my recovery xxx

Its the fact now that 14 months have gone by, ok four/five months since the revision which is finally working. I feel like a right idiot at the moment, a failure. I've failed myself, my family.

I've read back on my posts and I sound pathetic, weak and should have done so much the better. Ok pity party over now.

I'm completely fed up.

Love to you all
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom