Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Nana moon 27
I have restless legs also. Hate it with a passion!! I put my electric stimulator on when it starts in. Usually it works, but there are times when it doesn't. I end up walking then.
Hope we all have a good nights sleep tonight.
Dana
 
Thanks all for your suggestions I will look into them. Thank you xx I will be back on later xxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I agree the I also have time when my legs seem so restless can keep me awake. Not sure why it happens thought it would have something to do with sugar levels not sure but wish it did not happen to very unsettling. Holly
 
Always the same when you've a busy day ahead. Little thing called lack of sleep. Got docs at 8.40, hospital gym at 11 am. My dad's op time has been changed from 7.30 am to 11am instead. Daughter is taking them.

I got my hubby go drop me off and pick me up from mom and dad's. Last night (Sunday). Poor mom looked so worn out. My brothers kids were very demanding of her attention too. She just had no peace whatsoever x x x in the end I called my husband to come fetch me home.

Keep kind of catnapping xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to tell you I had my letter on Saturday, confirming that I am on the list for surgery. It also gave my rom. Right TKR 120/0, left non TKR 130/0.

Until the revision I'd never achieved 0 before on my TKR. That was good news. I never thought I was ever going to achieve 0, after my rollercoaster recovery. It's a dream come true (and doing the exercises, without overdoing it) :yay:

Love Ann xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @ Nana moon 27, Ann, my prayers :prayer: are with your Dad today as he goes through his hernia operation. Praying he sails right through it. My thoughts and prayers are also with you Ann and your family.
 
Prayers for you and your father.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️Nebug~CubbyMoMmy
 
Hi all

Thanks for the messages. My daughter took mom and dad to hospital and stayed with them until dad was settled It's almost 2.20 here and still hasn't has his op. He all gowned up. My daughter said he's very nervous.

I went to see the GP and the Docs signed me off again, he is pleased that at last my TKR is turning into a proper knee. I got a bit upset when I told him about my dad going in for his op. Doc was brilliant. I was a bit nervy as usual and because I'd had to write down the names of the tablets I'd got and to ask for a sick note. I totally forgot to tell him about the restless leg thing and the twitch. It doesn't just affect my TKR it's both legs. This is why I usually have someone go in with me because I forget so much. I should've written it down. Never mind. I'll, get another appointment.

Then I went to the gym at the hospital. That went well today. My left knee decided to be good this week and didn't complain like last week. I managed to do all the exercises plus the bike this week. Ok my knees are aching, my non TKR hurts but I did it!!!

I'm going to have to have a nap. Kids all coming here straight from school. I don't want to be grumpy around them x x xx x x
 
Wishing your dad well with his operation today, Nana :) He will feel so much better once that hernia is repaired. (((hugs))) to you and your dad :)
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 Just wanting to wish you all the best and hoping all goes well for your Dads surgery knowing it will be alright and thinking of you know how hard it can be when someone you love is having things happen and all of the best for your family . Hoping your knee is doing great to and giving you an easier time. Holly
 
Hi all

Thank you for your kindness re my dad. He's had his op. He had a spinal anaesthetic much to my relief because of his asthma. He said that it really hurt him. He was due out tonight but unfortunately he can't pass urine, so they've kept him in.

A close friend of hubby's has died this morning at 1.30 am. I haven't mentioned this openly, as my thread has had a few deaths mentioned in the last few months. As a tribute to this lovely man I felt he should be mentioned. A most wonderful person. We went to see him at the request of his son on Saturday night as he was deteriorating quickly.

However, I made a total idiot of myself. I walked in and was shown into the kitchen where his friend, who I know very well, was sitting with a frame in front of him. I thought oh he's lost so much weight but didn't look as bad as I had expected. So I bent over, gently hugged, kissed him several times in a munchy kiss on his cheek a few times and said see I gotcha! Suddenly the room erupts with laughter, his friends wife was wiping tears off her face of laughter, their grown up children were besides themselves and I was absolutely gobsmacked. I couldn't understand what was so funny? what had I done? Oh yes, a blooper out of all proportion. The man I thought was my hubby's friend was actually, his slightly older brother!!! I was mortified and very embarrassed. However, I styled it out saying, well that's a different way to meet someone. The family were laughing so much.

We went then to see his friend in the next room. I was shocked to the core. I gave him a gentle hug said hello and told him what I'd just done to his brother. Although he couldn't speak, the smile across his face was lovely. Then I told him what a lovely family he'd got and that they were a credit to him. He smiled and nodded. At that point I kissed him again and said I'm going to give you two some time on your own. See you later. I went back in and chatted with the family who still kept smirking now and again. His friends wife said I'm so glad you came tonight. You've cheered us up no end. Hubby came out, very red eyed and mouthed to me, need to go. We couldn't leave. His friends wife was talking nineteen to the dozen to him. I think she needed the company to be honest. She's not in good health herself. She's had two heart attacks.

My hubby is gutted. He got the news about his friend while he was waiting for me to come out of PT. My heart goes out to my husband. He's lost his favourite brother, his brother In law a couple of weeks ago and now a very close friend and he's devastated. He said to me he doesn't feel like he can take much more. He's been very subdued. I'm quite worried about him.

Anyway, back to dad. We are hoping that they will let him out tomorrow if he can manage to pass urine. Otherwise they're going to catheterise him x x

Anyway I'm going now. I will have a bit more time tomorrow. I will catch up properly then. Goodnight all. Thanks so much for the lovely messages about my dad x x x

I shall sleep easier tonight x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@ Nana moon 27, good news about your Dad. I always retain urine after ops and have to stay in and be catheterised.I hope he is out of hospital in the morning.
 
Nana, my heart breaks for you and your hubby. So much sadness to deal with in such a short time. It's nice though that you were able to bring a laugh to the family and a smile to your friends face :) It's probably just what they needed at the time. Maybe you should see about some sort of grief counseling for your hubby. It can't hurt.

Hopefully your dad will be able to potty and go home tomorrow. Otherwise, how was he feeling?

(((hugs)))
 
Good news and bad, all in one day, Ann!

I'm glad about your Dad, but sad for your husband about his friend. He's had a lot of grief to deal with lately.

A big hug for you, because you've had to be so supportive lately. ((((((((((Ann))))))))))
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, so glad your dad's operation went well. Hope he is able to go home today and that he has been able to urinate. Do take care of yourself and hubby. So sorry to hear that he lost yet another person whom was close to him. This is a lot to bear and in such a short time span. Do take care of hubby as well. My prayers are with all of you.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom