Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Nana moon 27, sorry to hear of your troubles. Is there a before school breakfast club and after school care at the school? We have the provision set up for our grandson in case the need arises. We have used it a few times now, taking the granddaughter with us when we have timing problems. It doesn't come that cheap but would do for a week or two.
 
Oh my, when it rains it pours. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for you and your family. (((((HUGS))))) :console2:
 
I'm sorry your family has multiple problems right now, Ann. However, your father's health has to take precedence over your brother's children getting to school.
Is there a friend or a neighbour (someone whose children go to the same school) who could help out for a few days? Or could he pay to have a taxi take them and pick them up?
 
He will not let his children out of sight. They are 5 & 9 years old. Not very experienced with life (not their fault). They don't really seem to have friends who my brother and sis in law have anything to do with the parents. This is because mom and dad take the kids most times. They live in a bit of a detached world. The school provision doesn't open until 7.45 which my brother cannot get to work for 8am from there. His boss is being very inflexible.

They had a childminder a couple of weeks ago but my sis in law saw them walking to school in a row with four other children walking in pairs BEHIND the childminder who was pushing a double buggy. When my sis in law questioned her that the children could easily be snatched walking behind like that unsupervised or run into the road, the childminder got into a heated discussion and my brother withdrew the kids.

My husband is the only person available. He has said categorically no because he hates traffic inc learner sand school run, aside from rush hour. Anyway it's not his problem. He's enough to do.

I've been to see mom and dad tonight with my middle daughter. I'm very worried about mom she looks dreadful.
My daughter is picking them both up at 6.30 on Monday morning to get dad to the hospital for 7.

The frustration of not being able to help is awful. I'm so wound up and angry that I'm like this. I know it's not forever but I've always been the organiser, the person who sorts everything out. Even mom said tonight how much and how strange it's been not having me turning up in my car and sorting everything and every body out, which before the TKR recovery is exactly what I'd have done x xx.

I'm going now. I'm ok. Left knee nightmare, right is not too bad just an achey stiffness, a bit of heat. Quads still sore but ok. Thanks for your support all my love to you all.

Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
You're right Lyn it's what I need to do. My left knee won't let me. The pain is down my leg into my foot and up to the hip. It doesn't matter what I do with it x x. I'm going to try a mindfulness track in a minute and try that xx
I hope your discomforts easing. Love Ann xxx
 
Ann, life can be such a rollercoaster sometimes. Good news that the consultant will do your surgery in the next few months and then the worry about your mom and dad. I can understand your frustration in wanting to help them and not being able to as I would be the same way. I hope a good solution presents itself and that your momtakes care of herself too. Sleep well and let your body rest and re-energize.
 
I hope your knee doesn't cause you too much pain today, it's such a shame your OS can't arrange for you to have a cortisone injection just to get you over the next few months, it was my life saver before my second TKR, before I had it I was virtually immobile, but afterwards at least I could walk.
 
The OS said there was no point in a cortisone injection because they didn't work last June when I had them done, Long with the aspiration. I think I my have had a day or twos relief, that was it.

You and @Celle, @Pumpkln @busylizzie, everyone is right. By the way I wouldn't have been upset by you being honest with me Lyn. I'm learning people say stuff to me because they care not because they don't.

This problem that's occurred is because of cottonwool parenting and overprotective grandparents. My brother has had his kids very late in life. Even my grandkids find them strange but make an effort. Trouble is my grandkids are wary because there's always one or other mom, dad (who is not quite so bad), brother, sis in law watching every move while they're playing. Of course mine aren't used to that level of control. They know jolly well I won't hesitate to tell them off if they misbehave but they also know that 99% they're praised up for what they're doing. The 1% is the telling off, not often. That's not bad at all x x x

The thing is now I've accepted I cannot do anything. My left knee feels like the bones inside are broken again.

Please take care everyone and I am most grateful for the support and advice given. I still feel guilty but not as bad. Thank you, bless you all x x

My left knee feels like all the bones have broken. I know they haven't it's just the sensation. It doesn't matter what position I out it in it's hurting pain meds not kicked in yet. Need to have more patience x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x xx
 
Okay a few of you've asked how the downstairs loo is going...(excuse the pun)!

A quick update on the progress of the downstairs loo. Pipes all in place, electrics done, frame and door are up. Dishwasher installed next to sink oh what a relief.(it used to be up the top end of the kitchen) It so easy to load from there. He's got very frustrated because whenever it's a job in this house for him to do, there's always something causing something else needing to be done. He's a bit happier now the door and frameworks gone up.

We've had a call to say his brother in laws funeral is on 23rd February. I think because we are all still grieving for his brother it's not affected us so much. That sounds awful. We are sad he's gone but for his sake he's now out of pain and discomfort xxx

Love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad your kitchen is coming on. It is the hub of the house and its hard to manage whilst work is in progress.

It is a long wait to your Brother in Law's funeral.
 
I feel tired tonight. I'm in bed. Knees feel like both on fire inside and left is starting to really cheese me off.
I have had an ok sort of day today though x I've take pain meds but both knees are so uncomfortable and restless I'm moving them around the bed. Now I understand hubby.

I had two trips out. The first, as you know was to toys r us. Then my daughter came this afternoon and we walked albeit slowly round to the corner shop. I gritted my teeth all the way back because my left knee was really hurting. At least I went out and got a bit of exercise.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I hope you are having a good sleep right about now and are pain-free. So sorry that left leg is giving you the dickens there. I hope tomorrow and weekend will be a better day. I hope you are on the list to be called to have the left knee done since it is inevitable that is what must be done. This way you can start to heal completely. I went for my 4th Acterma treatment and have to say I have joined the pain free bunch today. I will post more on my thread. It is supposed to be record cold here tomorrow. I will have to wear my flannel lined jeans and leggings. With this cold weather I can feel the metal in my knee turn cold honestly!!
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 Good that you managed to get sleep that is so hard just trying to get comfortable. Hope you are not having pain and it will be better when you can get your left knee surgery hard when one knee is still waiting. Hope you do not have much longer to wait All the best Holly
 
Hi I've had a reasonable day but uncomfortable. I've tried staying up later tonight. Took my meds while downstairs watching a documentary on freak weather around the world.

Hubby is in a strange mood. I asked him if he's ok. He said he'd had a very bad night last night. Very little sleep. He's overtired, all his joints are hurting, again tonight I asked him to try coming to bed....nope. That sofa is no good for sleeping on with the television blaring all night. The main light on. His body and brain are getting no rest. He's wondering why he's like he is x x x

I don't like the feeling I get when he refuses to come to bed. I know my restless legs get on his nerves, as does my twitching etc. Or getting up trying to walk pain off x There is a bed in the other room he could use but he claims the road noise keeps him awake x x x
 
Morning all

I hope you all slept well,or had a great day?

I'm okay but my meds seem to be very strong suddenly.

I ran out of statins and my daily antibiotic a few days ago. Suddenly the meds seem very strong indeed. I wonder if one of them was suppressing them.

Anyway I'm going to go collect all my meds from the chemist (drugstore) today x

Weird...

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Just a quick message @Nana moon 27, I have many drug interactions. If you are interested google P450 drug interaction tables. It is hard to get your head around but useful, at least I find it helps.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom