Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

You're going to get back to being your normal self, you know. 2014 was a rotten year for you but you've come through it. I'm proud of you!
 
Hi @Celle

I was fortunate beyond belief to even get that appointment. I have to say relieved. I've upset both knees at the hospital gym, the TKR isn't too bad but the left is quite uncomfortable. but the meds are getting into my system now, so hopefully I should sleep.


Love Ann xxxx
 
@Pumpkln it's lovely knowing you're around as well. Thank you x restless tonight x my legs won't rest and that's not helping in top of the discomfort. I'm hungry as usual because I've stopped eating man sized meals and comfort eating. However, the comfort eating would be wonderful tonight but there's no crisps, biscuits, sweets or anything. There are yogurts. I don't fancy fruit at just gone midnight but maybe a yogurt. I went to get one of my Hartley's 10 calorie Blueberry or Orange jellies earlier on. Rascally pesky grandkids had eaten them :heehee: I didn't know.

His mate who fetches the little dog to the house came today that cheered me up for a while. I will post a pic of him (the dog) He's so cute. He belongs to hubby's mates mom who is 94 and can't manage him (the dog). He lives up to his name. It's Rascal. He sits on the stairs in the way of her stairlift, he chews her post, he really does play her up. He is very attached to hubby's mate but he isn't that keen on dogs. Hubby reckons we will find that dog tied to our front door one morning. I told him off.

This is Rascal....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 171
Hi all

I got to see my consultant today x he was not happy with the registrar at all. He defended his decision about my needing a replacement. Anyway after telling me that on the NHS it can be anyone doing the surgery, he willingly said he'd do it xx he said it will be within the next few months xxx

I managed to remain calm, didn't cry but shook like a leaf x my husband said a few things, got the necessary assurances.

The relief is immense x

I'm sorry the post is short. I am very tired x x x

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Nana I'm so happy your consultant will be doing your next TKR, I can feel your relief. I only wish it could be sooner so you can get your life back, finally. For the restless legs, here in the US there is a product called Restful Legs by Hyland's that several of us have used with success. I had never suffered with restless legs until early last week and it hit all of a sudden. I spent an entire evening and night until 5 am. unable to control my constant leg movements. It was horrible! So, I went and got the Restful Legs and the next evening when it started again I took the supplement and it stopped almost immediately. You might consider something like that for some relief from the RLS.

(((hugs)))
 
I had a good nap. Not a long one. I woke up feeling energised. So I started some more clearing and sorting. I've felt quite better in myself. Overdone things a bit but I'm fine. Teenage granddaughter staying over tonight. She highly delighted. She came straight from her school which is up the road and then her mom came later and asked her if she'd like to stay. She didn't need asking twice. She's such good company and I'm always happy when she's around.

Im quite tired but happy. I'm in bed and very relaxed.

Night all. Thanks for all the support I've had it's been great and reassuring.

All my love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Morning everyone

I hope you've had a pain free night and a good rest. Please have a good day or evening wherever you are x x

Very sore quads particularly in TKR but not unbearable. Clearly the gym session on Monday has awoken them, when I flex I can actually feel them, despite the lefts efforts to thwart this.

Hubby's used chemicals in the bathroom next door to my bedroom, I suspect Cillit bang. It really upsets my chest so litho ugh I felt good. I've now got to try not to breathe too much. I've opened the landing window my bedroom window and put a towel over my nose and mouth gone into the bathroom and opened the window xxxxx

I keep,dropping off while I'm typing. Not long took meds. Very tired x x xx

Love Ann x x x x
 
Hi Lyn @Ellejay

I've replied to you on here rather than derail your thread and cut and pasted and edited my post off yours.

My sis in law text me last night. (My brothers wife) Her mum is very poorly in hospital over at the Philippines. She tried to get a flight for today, they were unaffordable ,something about Chinese New Year. So she flies out tomorrow lunchtime. They've a large mortgage and two young children, so she has to go alone. It's not cheap flying out to there and she was so upset at the cost of the tickets today as they were completely ridiculous, if she'd have had that money though she would've gone today.

My mom is now panicking, because she takes the kids to school via a taxi to my brothers because dad is so I'll with this hernia and can't drive. All he does is sit in his chair He goes into hospital on Monday morning to have that long awaited op. She's worrying how she's going to manage next week and see to dad. Dad is not in a local hospital to where they live but has an NHS funded private hospital as the other waiting lists were too long x x x

My sis in law has now found out that her moms BP is very low and now they are to give her 3units of blood. She is besides herself with worry. She just wants to get there to check her mom is getting the right treatment. My sis in law is a nurse.

Mom has got real probs now. Not only had she got to see to my dad she's got to take my brothers kids to and from school. I'm so frustrated I can't help. If I offer to sit with dad once he's out of hospital that might help but I'm worried sick about the impact on mom. She's 75, her cataract op is still oozing a bit. She is worrying me. My brothers firm will not let him have the week off even though it's special circumstances. He said he's going to try and get Tues off. Dad apparently comes out of hospital Monday evening as a day case and has to be watched for 24 hours x

I could have asked D to take me to my Brothers of a morning to take the kids to school but I cannot do the walk to the school. He will not do a school run because of his obsession with traffic, so I can't ask him. My one daughter has three of her own to take in and as for my other daughter she works full time for a school as administrator.

There is no solution to this situation.
It's hopeless.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness Ann, what a nightmare. Could your brother drop the children round to friends houses before he goes to work? I'm sure you have thought of that, but I don't know what else to suggest. I'm sorry you are having such a worrying time yet again.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom