Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I know @Celle but I'm another way this rooms slightly bigger and I don't hear the kid next doors games console!!! Xxx I'm still not that comfy as in pain x




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27. You don't know me as I'm relatively new to this forum so I hope you don't mind me commenting on your thread. I really just want to thank you. I have read your thread from the beginning and must say you've had a roller coaster ride to now but have coped amazingly throughout. I noted your comment about the effect of diazepam and as I have been having issues with my quad muscle spasming and doing the opposite to what my brain signalled it to do since coming off all narcotics you got me thinking. I was taking mersyndol forte which contains paracetamol, codeine and doxyalamine. Doxyalamine is a relaxant. Hmmm so I went to the pharmacist and asked if there was an OTC muscle relaxant to which he replied only mersyndol forte. I was about to agree to just having those again when he went away and came back with a packet of doxyalamine. He said these were OTC and didn't need to be signed for. So I'm giving that a go. Thanks to you posting about diazepam I too may have relief from my spastic quad muscle. Just shows that this forum is extremely helpful giving others opportunities to try alternatives to similar issues. While I'm not saying that anyone should go and request anything without the approval of their GP or pharmacist (I had already been taking mersyndol forte with surgeons knowledge as I wanted to step down from stronger narcotics) these discussions do give us the opportunity to think outside the square! So thank you. I will continue to read your thread as you embark on the next stage of your journey.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh @shelli22

I'm so pleased that my often rambling posts on here have helped you. You are welcome to come here any time you like.

You made my day when I read your post. Tbh I've seen you around the threads and your comments are always kind and caring.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Celle

You will be pleased to know I'm in my own bed tonight and feeling much better for it. You were right yesterday I should have stood my ground and said it's that or nothing, which is one of my favourite phrases!

Hi all

My knees have felt achey, today, the non TKR is worst. The TKR is ok. The non TKR side or should I say soon to be replaced lefty! is causing me a lot of discomfort. My hip, my foot and toes on that side are very painful. However, the meds seem to be working which in itself is a blessing.

Its very hard work in the kitchen getting used to where things are, I still have to have a ruthless sort out of my stuff. I gave the one daughter a whole dinner service. I'm going to have to minimise everything I use. My trouble is I like to use particular tins, for certain things. I just feel like I'm drowning in kitchen equipment.

I'm at the hospital gym tomorrow and while I'm at the hospital I will try to get an appointment with my proper consultant. I'm very anxious since that last visit when I saw that registrar.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27
I'm very glad to hear you're back in your own bed! It's much easier for young bodies to adapt to different sleeping conditions than it is for our older bones.

Good luck with your hospital visit!
 
I completely agree with that @Celle. I keep having to face reality checks every so often and they drive me mad, realising my body is no longer what it was. You are right their bodies are better suited for that bed.

I don't think it's going to be long before I sleep. I'm very tired tonight. Trouble is I'm hungry. It has to be these meds. I had a small bowl of breakfast cereal with them to try and keep the calories down. Trouble is I can never sleep if I'm hungry. Just can't win. I know I've lost a few pounds at last, as I have a bit more room in my clothing.

Love Ann x x x
 
Ann,
Glad to hear you are back in your own wonderful bed! Yes, we need nice soft beds for our aching bones. Kids can camp out on the floor and still get a greats nights rest. Let us know how it goes with getting an appointment with your consultant.
 
Oh hi @Pumpkln

I will let you know. My appointment at PT is 11 am. I always get there early so I can ask the appointment secretary to see if he has any availability x x x

I'm tired now Chris. Thanks for your support. Night night ((((big hugs))))) xxx

All my love Ann xxxxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, sorry didn't realize you were really having a time of it yesterday. I hope hip and knees are better. I hope that twitchy leg gets sorted out. That must be so annoying. So sorry you are going through all of this. Take care of yourself. Have a very good night's sleep in your own bed.. :sleeep::alarm:
 
Hi all and @Pumpkln as you specifically asked me about this x

A quick update. I went to the hospital early, before physio gym, to speak to the orthopaedics appointments administrator. She was lovely. I explained how I've not slept properly since seeing the registrar last week and that I needed to speak to the consultant as soon as possible. It has really upset me in my head. I was shaking like a leaf. She was lovely, understood and gave me an appointment for 10.30 tomorrow morning. Wow! Unheard of with our NHS!

My left knee let me down very badly today. I couldn't do a gentle leg lunge, or the step with out using a handrail, when leading with the left. The physio was quite concerned so he got me to do balancing on a gym ball, the wobble ball, I struggled with the getting up and down out of a chair without holding on the the arms, my left knee wouldn't comply with leg weights either. I forced It to do a few but it was screaming at me. Hubby fetched the car round after. I got in. I told him I have an appointment in the morning with the consultant. He moaned but he had no choice. I've been really bad mentally about all this. I need reassurances off the consultant himself that he will be doing the op and not the registrar. I want to know why the registrar tried to fob me off.

So that will be tomorrow morning gone x x x
 
@busylizzie, I think I was truly blessed. However, I did start off by saying "look I don't really want to have to use the complaints procedure but xyz happened last week. I haven't slept properly most of the week, I'm a bundle of nerves which she could see and I was trying not to cry. She went out the back, spoke to someone and the next thing is was being seen tomorrow at 10.30, absolute miracle xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Excellent, WOW, you have an appointment tomorrow at 10:30 AM. Amazing great effort on your part to get what you need! :console2:
 
Tbh @Pumpkln I think firstly I was such a bundle of flipping nerves, I was shaking to head to foot. Secondly there was the mention about complaints procedure that I didn't really want to use, thirdly they knew a registrar had contradicted the consultant.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
I am so pleased you managed to get an appointment so quickly, as you say - unheard of! You must be feeling good that you can speak to the consultant himself and get things sorted out. I shall eagerly await your news, but might not get it until later tomorrow as I'm visiting my grandson tomorrow. I haven't been to his house for months because I couldn't drive, so he is very excited that I am going to him for a change.
 
Best wishes for your appointment with the consultant, Ann.

You did so well, sticking up for yourself and what you need, even though you were a bundle of nerves. :yay::yes!::friends:
 
Thanks @Celle

I had to deal with it. Worrying about it wasn't changing anything. Although I'm still a bit down I'm ok. I'm pleased that I did that today. The thing is Caryl, before all this recovery I would have dealt with it as a matter of course. That was the person I was. In control with a good job, plenty of independence and tons of confidence and a real zest for life.

I'm nothing anywhere near what I was but I'm hoping and praying that I will get back to some semblance. I have an odd day where I'm sharp and humorous!! I hope this is just temporary. I would manage change with a hand tied round my back, metaphorically speaking and wonder why others didn't like it. Now I understand them, so if nothing else I'm learning more empathy, with people who don't manage change. I didn't manage at all well when I walked into my consultants room and he wasn't there but a total stranger and I wanted to run (if I could).

I'm frustrated because I can't go and see mom and dad as often as I like but I'm hoping hubby will take me after we come out of the hospital tomorrow. My 89 year old dad has his hernia op next Monday. I'm very anxious about that but tbh he has no quality of life. He's gone from being an active rambler to being stuck in a chair unable to move and then when he does he's in excruciating pain. That's no life. He has to have is done. My daughters at the docs on Thursday getting more results.

There's a lot going on at the moment. However, I have a lot of support both on here and at home. Although crazy as it sounds, I can feel alone even in the house when it's full. Away in my own little world. I don't like that.

Anyway enough of this self pitying rambling. I've taken my meds and hopefully I may sleep by midnight x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Back
Top Bottom