Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Sending you a great big hug back. It's so nice you understand what he's going through. He lost his eldest sister to breast cancer when she was just 38 yrs old. He didn't handle that at all x x x thanks Mary @SuperSnapper love Ann x x x
 
It's good to find something to be grateful for in all that has happened over the last year. Here's to hoping that the second TKR will be the thing that you need to move forward and get back to your normal life!
 
Too right @TexasTee, I hope this RTKR is the one that will be the poster child for recovery, please. At least this time around I will not do the stupid stuff the fools at the first hospital had me do. Too much too soon. I'm working on my fitness now and improving my diet. Apparently my hamstrings are fabulous but not the quads. No matter what is done via physio and home they are so weak and will not build x I need to get my weight down.

Thanks ever so much for dropping by. I'm coming to have a read of how you're doing now x x x

Love Ann x
 
I'm so sorry you've had another loss in your family Ann. I had a similar experience over 4 months in late 2009/early 2010 when I lost my dad, my mom, my neighbor who was like a grandma to our boys and my brother in law. It seemed it would never end. So much sadness! My heart aches for you and your hubby. Good Lord willing your next TKR will go much more smoothly. You certainly deserve a break. (((Hugs)))
 
Hi @gr82cu2

I feel sorry for my hubby in all this but I'm just relieved his poor brother in law is out of pain now. He really wasn't a well man. Trouble is for hubby and me it brought back the loss of his brother. We both miss him terribly x

Yes I'm looking at the new knee, new start x x x

Father in law brother in law just turned up. Back later. ((((Hugs))) xxx
 
Hi @Minnie's knees

Lovely to hear from you Kathy. Yes I'm hoping this works and I can get back to normality. My TKR is finally working as it should but I have quad weakness in both legs. I've had physiotherapy, hydrotherapy and now I'm at the hospital gym. I have one of those little pedal machines I use in the house. I use the stairs regularly as that's where my bathroom is. The quads have been an issue for years now. My hamstrings are fine bizarrely. It doesn't matter what I do I have trouble building those quad muscles up.

Even when I was at work I had the same problem. My jobs were quite active. The lecturing meant a lot of time checking round the groups and standing for long periods. Then as for the assessing job, I'd be in and out of schools and nurseries. Up and down off various height chairs. Still weak quads. Then my boss stopped me from going out assessing and office based me. By then the pain from my first knee that needed replacing was appalling.

Love Ann xxx
 
Bit fed up but that's normal. Shredding paper and sorting clutter was like Groundhog Day to me. We've too much stuff for the limited cupboard space we now have. I did it for hours and hours. I had to stop tonight as it was getting to me x x x the downstairs loo should be in by Tuesday x x x

Both knees are uncomfortable tonight. Think it was the position I was sitting in using the shredder for hours. Have taken meds just waiting for them to work x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Yaaay on loo be better in.those need to go moments without stairs. With amassed rubicube paperwork I burn it far quicker and way.more satisfying. Hope you slept ok and.knees weren't tooo much of a pain

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I can't burn anything, we are in a smokeless zone No fires nothing. A fire would have been quicker, quieter and more efficient xxx can't just throw anything with name and address on in the bin because we have major problems with identity theft here and all Birmingham is the same x x x x x
 
Good news on your downstairs loo. It will make your next recovery a lot easier than this one.
Sitting in one position is bad news,isn't it. We went to the cinema last week and it was fine but it took me a while to get up and hobble down the stairs to get out. But one day all this will be a thing of the past :happydance::yay:

At least the bloomin snow is going and we can get out for a walk today. Going to try for 3 miles! Will let you know how I get on.

Have a lovely day and rest those knees!
 
Well I finally finished all the sorting out and shredding. All necessary paperwork has been kept in labelled large brown envelopes and boxed also clearly marked. I've made sure the kids know where it's to be kept xxx

The kitchen is work in progress but more or less done. Still no room for everything though. Anyway we've the two younger grandchildren staying tonight so nothing will be done tomorrow. They want to stay for Sunday lunch. I cooked yesterday on it for the first time and I realised I no longer had the luxury of the range cooker with it's oh so very useful hot plate!!! I don't ever know how I managed without it but I'll get used to it xxx

Unfortunately both knees are achey today, I'm a bit grumpy but hiding it from the kids. I'm in bed a bit fed up still but I think I'm overtired. The other thing is the kids wanted to sleep in my bed "because it's the best and the comfiest". They have my bed. I'm in the bed in the front room. It's memory foam which is ok for my legs but they've been very twitchy all day today, even when I relaxed to watch tv. I'm doing heel slides and ankle pumps but really flexing it toes up and stretching it, to try and distract from this irritating ache I get behind both knees, that makes me have to move them about or they jump and twitch. The problem went when the doc put me on Diazepam for five days. However he wouldn't prescribe any more. I had to see how I got on. I see him on the 9th February. My hips hurt again. They were tested by the registrar the other day. He seemed to grasp my foot and rotate the whole of my leg in circles. Then did the same with the other. I assume they were ok. He said nothing.
The movements I'm doing are not helping with this sensation. I've tried elevating but it's driving me nuts.

I'd like to go downstairs but my twitching will drive hubby mad.

Any way that's enough Nana Moan

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi Ann,
Sorry you are not comfortable, I'm in exactly the same state, with both knees, so can fully sympathise.
You are brave, producing a roast dinner in a kitchen still being completed, when mine was in that state it was freezer to microwave meals only.
I do hope you get some rest soon, I'm going to try now,so night night, xxx
 
Tbh @Ellejay

I hope you can get comfy too. Sleep is a precious commodity xx btw I do hope your dad is okay. Just popping to your thread now x

I just cannot get comfortable. I may have to take a top up if it gets any worse. I've took my meds, they've made me drowsy but oh both knees and left one and hip are worst x

Love Ann xx
 
Unfortunately both knees are achey today, I'm a bit grumpy but hiding it from the kids. I'm in bed a bit fed up still but I think I'm overtired. The other thing is the kids wanted to sleep in my bed "because it's the best and the comfiest".
Hi Ann,
You should have the bed that is " the best and the comfiest." There's nothing wrong with teaching the grandkids some consideration for their elders, and also some sympathy for your aching knees!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom