Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi Ann, just read your appointment report, so sorry to hear you have to go through it all again but guess it will be better in the long run, hope you don't have to wait too long. Did make me smile the way the Registrar did an about turn!!
Sue xx
 
Ann, I am so proud of you!! :thumb::yes!:

You coped with that registrar marvellously. Your husband deserves ten gold stars too, for the way he spoke up and supported you.
I'm pleased you let the medical student examine you as well. He would have learned a lot.

I know it must have been a tiring day for you, physically and emotionally, but you have come through it with the result that you needed.

Now I hope that you don't have to wait too long for an operation date.

We'll be with you all the way.
 
@Nana moon 27 Hi Ann: Make sure that you get specific with the consultant about if he is also replacing the patella. I always go in to pre-ops armed with every detail anyone could ever want to know especially medicine dosages.
 
my husband was very strong and clear about the patella replacement. The registrar assured him they would. But I will take you advice about checking preoperatively and take the printout off the prescription I have. That way they've got the dosage.

However, this has set my nerves off again on top of this there has been yet another bereavement this evening. My hubby's brother in law. It's like what next and it is heightening my fears for my dad and his op in February. I'm try to rationalise it.

I know I'm tired and probably overwrought with everything so I'm in bd. taken meds and just need to rest. No appointments tomorrow so I'm going to lie in if I don't sleep well tonight x x x

Love Ann x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ellejay I did not see any point in having two operations again. I want to be fixed and get on with life. I'm beginning to bit by bit. I had thought about you Nd how awful your last one was and someone, I can't remember who said it hastens the end of the joint anyway.

Night all x x x x
 
Ann, I'm really sorry to hear of more bad news for your family. Hugs to you and your husband. :console2: :console2:
 
@ nanamoon. How outrageous. Could not believe that the drs spoke to you that way, and never bothered to read your surgeons notes, I would have him written up for the way he treated you and disregarded all you went thru, can you do that? I've done quite a few complaints to drs who were so rude, inconsiderate and verbally abusive, put in their records. I would definitely try and speak to your surgeon who's doing it and report your encounter with his associate.
Well, score 1 for the hubby he stepped up to the plate. I'm just impressed you're doing it again. Oh boy..... Story to be continued,



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne
I'm going to call the hospital today. I need to find out whether Mr S is doing my op. I totally forgot to check. Now I'm worrying about that. I shall speak to my consultants secretary xxx

My husband even came into my room tonight and asked if I was okay!!!!! I told him I was but the whole thing today followed by news of another death was more than I could take x

I hope you're ok with all that snow.

Love Ann xx
 
Oh my goodness @Nana moon 27, Ann, you have really been through the mill today. I am glad someone was able to come to their senses and see what you need is what you need. Another TKR. It is what it is. So there is apparently a list you have to go on to get in line to have the TKR done? I hope everything goes ever so smoothly with this one. Take care and get some rest. I know you must be exhausted. Who else passed away? Oh my goodness..
 
@Nana moon 27, Hi Ann! I'm so glad your husband was with you and spoke up for you. Even though you could do it yourself, it's nice to have someone support you. I just can't believe the doctor didn't read through your notes before he saw you. I know you don't want to have another surgery, but once it's done you can start to heal and get on with your life.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers and hugs. Anne
 
Oh my goodness @Nana moon 27, if it is not one thing it is another. So sorry about hubby's brother-in-law. It seems like it is always something. One thing after another. My prayers are with you. Thanks for thinking of us on the east coast with the snow. Thank goodness it was not as bad as predicted. It's all cleaned up now and roads were clear from mid-day. I believe "they' thought it would be much more. Have a good night sleep. Tomorrow is another day.
 
So sorry to hear about your husband's brother in law passing, it is too much for one family to bear.
My condolences to you and your family, :console2:(((((Hugs)))))

Glad to hear you are going ahead with the TKR, and kudos to DH for sticking up for you.
The young student is now wiser for your having let him examine you.

Have a good sleep tonight :ice::sleep:
 
Ann. Condolences again. So sorry sending sympathy and hugs
Oh and now 2 points for the hubby....he's finally getting it right
Storm wasn't too bad. Went out to look at my crv and said to myself. Ok it's snowed in my arms don't work to clean if windows, my legs not strong enough to stomp around car and
I think I'll wait until the spring,,,,,..
Sleep well. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Legin. Have slept my friend. Around 4 - 10 am properly deep sleep. I got up had a light snack, cuppa and fell fast asleep.

Feel bit better for that. I was very overwrought by yesterday but it's gone now. Hubby's has phoned and spoken to his sister. She's bearing up but the case has to go to Coroners. She thinks it's botched up surgery. He was a nice, kind and gentle man.

(((((Big hugs))))) to you too!

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Sorry to hear about you recent bereavement. Things are really tough for you at the moment. Sending you warm wishes.

Mary x
 
Hi @SuperSnapper,

I'm feeling much better today thank you. It was a heavy day, I had got angry, frustrated, wound up and fed up. That left me drained and exhausted. Then the news of his sisters husband passing just put the lid on everything. It brought back the loss of D's brother.

While I've been typing this I had a package come through the post. Totally unexpected, off my friend who has the caravan next door to me in Wales. She's been in regular touch with me through tout the winter. I will take a pic of what she sent in a minute. I will phone her after she finishes work to thank her.

I think I was irritating hubby with the ahhhhh that's so lovely bit! He's gone back down to work on the kitchen. I'm barred from being down their due to the dust and my asthma getting triggered.

Things aren't as tough for me as for some like my sister in law or his late brothers wife. My stuff will heal. Theirs is mental/emotional stuff and the loss of someone they loved dearly. Oh I so feel for them. I would rather have my life as it is right now to either of theirs.

Love Ann xxx
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 181
How lovely of your friend to be thinking of you. I received a couple of really quite unexpected cards and plants when I came out of hospital from people I don't even know really well, we are just in walking and German groups together. People can be so very kind and it does lift the spirits.

Your husband too is coping with a lot. I lost my brother nearly 20 years ago, he died very suddenly and I was knocked for six for a very long time. You lose not only a close relative but all those shared memories and anchor points. Sudden death is very, very hard to cope with. People sometimes assume that because it's "just a brother or sister ", you will bounce back but I found his death much harder to cope with than my parents' deaths and it took me much longer to come to terms with.

You are both going through tricky times but it will get better.

It sounds to me as if doing the kitchen will be really good for him at the moment. I just threw myself into my teaching. I had a difficult class that year but they took my mind off things. I had a 45 mins drive to school and on some days cried both ways but I coped in school and it saved my sanity I think. Now there is still sadness but I can remember all the lovely times we had together and the pleasure i still get from my close relationship with his wife and children. I wish it had been different but it wasn't and we have to carry on even though it sucks at times.

Sending you a hug xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom