Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Oh gosh yes @Celle

The relief is immense just knowing that. Im not as nervy about it. The revision has made a massive difference. As Ellejay says I can get back to normal once the other ones sorted x x x


Love Ann xxx
 
I hope you slept well last night Ann. Do you have any plans for today, or is it a 'take it easy day'?
Your new kitchen sounds very exciting, I'm sure it will be lovely when your husband has finished. I had my kitchen done a few years ago, the first time I had ever designed exactly what I wanted from a kitchen. It is a knee friendly kitchen, all the cupboards have shelves that come out to me, or turn around, or the drawers are very wide and deep, and again come right out to me. No more kneeling on the floor to find something at the back or in the corner of a cupboard. I love it. I hope you will be able to enjoy yours soon.
I hope you have a restful, pain free day xxxx
 
Hi @Ellejay and all

I had a restless night but I'm feeling quite confident since my knee held all my excess weight and momentum from that Ann vs Vacuum trip in the kitchen. My left foot I'm sure I've just sprained it. So the right TKR is at earning it's keep !! About time x x it's 14 weeks since revision.

I got up made the tea, stuck my head round the door hubby looked terrible he'd barely slept. I did him a couple of toasted hot cross buns to go with his cuppa. I made myself porridge with blueberries and banana. Sat and talked to hubby. Unusually he stayed where he was and didn't hassle me about had left gases on unlit or anything. All he shouted was make sure the grills off. 9/10 he usually takes over anything I try to so cooking wise. So this was most unusual. Went upstairs and took meds. Had shower, got dressed. Quick posts on here.

I have done two lots of washing today, got first lot pegged out albeit carefully and very slowly because of the steps down the where the rotary lone is. Loaded the dishwasher up and washed some large pots and pans by hand. Oh and carried a large pile of towels upstairs and out them away.

Yesterday I vacuumed the stairs after discovering that the extension pipe off the little vacuum fitted the big one. This meant no doing a balancing act on narrow twisting steep stairs. My sis in law who's ten years younger than me said your stairs are terribly steep! I told her she sounded like mom who always moans about my stairs!!! She laughed at that!

We are popping out to the local shops to buy birthday cards. My beloved son failed to tell me it was his stepsons birthday yesterday. They're due to fetch his own son home today so I've asked them to pop in, I'll put money in the card and it's my daughters partners birthday tomorrow as well x thankfully already got his present on the sales online.

Then hopefully a restful Sunday afternoon watching tv. It depends if he needs me to empty or sort anything out x x

Too much mess for Sunday lunch x

Gosh my morning sounds really busy!!!!

All my love Ann x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 you seem brighter and doing loads. Just be careful you don't join the ODIC club. Aside it is good to hear that you are out and about. I bet hubby is shattered he has been so busy lately. Take care
 
@Nana moon 27 I'm glad you were okay after your fall. That had to be very scary. Other than the fall, it sounds like you are doing much better over all since the revision. Take care of yourself.
 
Okay, I'm back from the gym. What a difference in this hospital the the first one where I actually had the first op.
First words out of the physios mouth was if it causes bad pain stop immediately and let me know. It was done at a very relaxed pace, no pressure, the physio had a good humour we all had a good time.

I had to abandon a couple of exercises because of my left (non TKR). My TKR is getting so strong now. I can feel a massive difference in the strength of the right to the left. The right TKR is performing like a knee should, which proves the revision was a success. My left non TKR is dreadful. Very weak. There was a mixture of people there. Some were waiting to have their TKR done so had been referred to improve quad strength before the op. Others like me just building up strength.

I enjoyed it. Five mins before it ended the sour faced one from the hydro pool, walked and started moving equipment around ready for her class at twelve. She is quite cold and abrupt so I gave her the warmest good morning I could muster and she said hello. That's probably irritated her!!!

I'm icing and elevating both legs so I'm going to have a nap,now x x x x

Catch you later


Love Ann (Nana moon 27)

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoox
 
It sounds really good Ann, you are lucky having such a class available to you. I was only thinking this morning, if an exercise class was available beforehand it would benefit so many people. I was fine as I knew all the Pilates and yoga exercises, but at the group session I attended after my 1st TKR it was pretty obvious that several people had never exercised in their life, and hadn't a clue about quads and glutes. These exercises should be basic training before every TKR.
That's it, I'll get off my soapbox now :heehee:. I'm off for a nap in the chair, I've just walked for half an hour on a country track, my furthest so far, so my ice pack is calling. Chat later xxx
 
I've slept two and half hours this afternoon. I felt fabulous after the exercise I'm looking forward to next week. My left (non TKR) is shouting loudly what have I done. I don't care the right one feels fantastic xxx
 
Goodnight.

My left knee is seriously hurting and coming through my meds. The TKR and muscles ache but that's about all.

My Appointment with the OS is 10am tomorrow x

I will post and let you know how it all goes x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I hope this left one can be sorted now I've come to terms with it. Hubby was talking to me today and said I should try and have it done ASAP. I was offered the chance to go on the list in October but I was so upset I cried at the thought of going through another TKR and the OS agreed to leave decisions until tomorrow, after I've had my X-rays done.

The right TKR withstood the gym and made my left knee look like a wimp!!! It couldn't take it. It's so nice knowing my revised TKR is now well and truly heading in the right direction. I could feel a really big difference between the strength of the two. Please take care.

Love Ann x x x
 
Oh thanks @Chihuahuan, that's so reassuring you agree. The decision has to be replacement. There is no other option. Back in October I was told there was no cartilage, it had tricompartmental OA, no synovial fluid behind the kneecap and arthritis behind the patella.

I should have gone on the list back in October but with all the personal problems I was having which seem to be resolved (hopefully) and then developing MH issues it wasn't the time to make a decision. I all I could think of at that point was another rough recovery and burst into tears. However, back then I wasn't to know after having had the revision, just 16 weeks later how it was going to improve beyond all my hopes. Thank goodness I had that revision.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Love Ann x x x
 
@Legin, I can do it now. There were other issues that stopped me from even considering this besides all the personal stuff but now that's been resolved it's feasible now.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
I'm lying here with both knees elevated. The left one is cursing me from A-Z!!! It hated the exercise and and made me have to stop twice because despite having taken all meds before I went, the pain was very bad when it broke through the meds. It feels broken inside. Like something in the left side up the side of my kneecap particularly x

Love Ann xx
 
Back
Top Bottom