Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ann your family is in my thoughts and prayers today. My prayer is for you to find acceptance and peace. Never forget the wonderful memories your family has with your brother in law. (((hugs)))
 
Oh thank you so very much for the lovely messages everyone.

He had a good send off. On arrival my sis in law gave me red rose to place on the coffin along with the other family members. The crem was packed to capacity. I was ok until I placed the rose on the coffin because the loss hit me all over again xx I had managed to hold back the tears up until that point xxxx

We had all cooked the food between the family and it was an excellent spread. Each family had been given a certain item to cook ready. This cut the catering costs right down xxx

My husband met up with cousins he'd not seen since he was a child x he enjoyed that part.

We got home he was exhausted. He got changed and went to sleep in his chair xx trouble is he has to go round the corner to his mates, he snoring. I will give him a little longer then I'll have to wake him x x x

Take care and thank you so much friends for your lovely posts etc. I really appreciate this so much.

All my love Ann xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Ann,
I'm glad the funeral went well. It must have been a sad day for you all.

I hope that your husband is OK and that he cacn gradually move forward.

HUGS!!! :friends::friends::flwrysmile:
 
Hey Ann. That's great to hear. I was praying for you. I'm glad your doing so well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Glad it went well Ann. It's always so hard to lose a loved one especially when it's shockingly sudden like your brother in law. I know everyone says it but it's true, time does help. Now with the funeral over hopefully you and your husband can begin to heal and put more thoughts into the good times you all had together. (((hugs)))
 
Glad it went well my friend was keeping everything crossed. But then two of me looking back from mirror not good. Hope you manage some good rest now.
Take care
 
Glad to hear it went well. I guess you will feel physically and emotionally drained now. You both need some rest and a good night's sleep to recharge you. Have been thinking about you all day. Take care
 
I hope you can both get a good nights sleep tonight Ann. Today has been a long time coming, and on your minds all the time, I hope that now you can look to the future, time will heal your wounds, and life will improve, I promise.
 
My husband said to me that in a way he feels relieved and unnaturally calm. He thought it was going to hit him all over again. Thankfully although it was sad, the last post was played by a retired gentleman from the REME and was played first, the service finished with All over the World by ELO XX

I've told him to call me if he needs me in the night and I'll come down. It smells like he's cooking something. He finds it therapeutic x

Good night all and thank you for you lovely messages and well wishes x

Love Ann xxx (((((hugs))))) xxxx
 
Ann my thoughts were with you and your family today. Along with my prayers. So glad all went well. Now hopefully you all can find strength in closure. Take care of yourself and hubby. My best to you and your family!!!
 
Well what a palaver!!! (Fuss). I woke up late, I'd got a physio appointment on dry land today, hydrotherapy has finished. I had got stuck in the bed again, hips, knees, feet. Anyway I shouted my husband and he put the kettle on etc. Anyway long story short, he found my appointment card and it was yesterday. I said it can't be my PT apps are always on a Wednesday. Nope he was right. I rang them explained about the funeral. They have rebooked me in on Friday at 11.30 xx hubby's made me stay in bed until the pain meds have kicked in. I'd managed to massage my legs and hobble to the bathroom. My hips are hurting even lying down.

Catch you all later. X x xx

Love Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear Ann, but it sounds as if you could do with a morning at home. Is there a pool nearby that you could continue doing hydro exercises on your own? I always felt so good once I'd been to the pool, not that I've been yet. Adults can only use the warm learner pool between 7 and 9 in the morning, and as I'm sleeping badly at the moment, I'm never out of bed until 10, so no hydro of me at the moment. The main pool is too deep and not warm enough. I keep longing for all the open air pools I was using on French camp sites last summer, warm, empty...ideal. We won't get to France before September this year due to a new grandchild due in May, I'm obviously going to need to get up earlier.
I hope you have a good and relaxing day xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay

Ended up with a day at home. Tired achy exhausted. Hubby started work on kitchen yikes, ready to fit new appliances x xx then work starts on false wall etc for downstairs loo x x x

He asked me to keep out of his way. Suits me x x xI've made him a couple of cups of tea though.

Oh those French pools sound heavenly x x x

Love Ann x x x x
 
Ann. Before I had my hip replaced I had referred pain down my legs and ankles. Once hip was resurfaced all that referred pain went away. Guess that's how our body tolerates and compensates for pain. Just goes somewhere else, yesterday around 3:30 my shoulder was hurting so bad, traveled to back of neck, I used the electric tens set for 1/2 hr. Took off, put my head down and next thing I knew it was 9 pm. Got up washed and slept til alarm rang at 7am. It was a bad night. Now I taped it all up and feels so much better. You should try tape called strength tape pre cut just follow directions it's for knees shoulders wrists, I'm one giant tape ball, but it really helps
Hope your nights better. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ann all the stress you have.been.thru has made you tense so no.wonder you.are sore. Not long till.second knee will be.sorted hopefully and then you can.board super shuttle Ann to.a better life.
Take care x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ann.. My thoughts and prayers is with you and your husband. Thankfully you and your husband are close. It means a lot when we can be with each other in a time of need. Every thing seem to bring us all closer. Xxx good luck. Best regards. Keep your head head high.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @susanne

Thanks for the advice about Kinesio tape. I think I'm going to look into it. I'm going to mention about all these pains I keep getting to the physio tomorrow. Mind you my OS appointment is only next Tuesday and I'll speak to him then about all of this, including this seizing up business, and both hips. It could be the way I'm walking x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
Not feeling too bad tonight. Just dull aches and pains. Will be seeing physio in the morning (11.30 pm) so he will hopefully throw some light on whats been happening with my knees and hips and that dreadful cold pain sensation in my left foot x x x

The new oven and hob are fitted in my kitchen. Husband is doing well with everything x x both my daughters and son have come down with some kind of a bug yuk. Hubby I suspect is getting the kitchen done ready for the new loo to be fitted as a form of distraction from losing his favourite eldest brother. I think they're still very upset about their uncle and I think that's what's affected their physical health. I still wish it was all a bad dream. I know it's not x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom