Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Good luck with.the physio thingy remember you.are the boss.
Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Ann, I hope all goes well at physio and you get the answers you want. Do let us all know how you get on. Xxx
 
Hi all

I got on ok at PT. Been referred to OA Knee class xx it starts on Monday at the hospital. Apparently my hamstrings are great but my quads are still weak.

Stupid here forgot to look where she was going in the kitchen where he is working. I'd gone under the sink to get a dishwasher tablet. I turned around turned my head to say something the next thing my left leg kicked something that didn't move and I flew over it at speed through the sheer momentum of the trip, I landed all my weight on my TKR leg, did a giant step with left leg still at speed and grabbed the door frame and saved my self. Hubby went bonkers. I ignored him put the dish washing tablet in the washer started it by which time he said I needed to go straight up and rest and was I ok xxx he said he didn't mean to go bonkers but it was the shock of seeing me do a Crazylegs Crane impression. He thought I'd really hurt myself. I was ok until I lay down. Now my left hand, fingers left front of foot are hurting,, my right knee TKR is aching and my left hip. So I'm resting as told to do xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Oh @Nana moon 27 I hope you are OK and no damage has been done to yourself. You need to ice and elevate. Thinking of you. I've nearly gone a few times the last few weeks. My balance isn't good due to the changes of foot position.
 
NanaCrazylegs :wink: Yes, give yourself some time to rest and ice. you might just do a few gentle moves to keep from stiffening up too bad.
 
Oh, Ann, if it's not one thing it's another, you seem able to trip over anything and everything! Seriously, poor you, I do hope that you will be OK once all those muscles sort themselves out. An OA knee class sounds interesting, I've never heard of them, I'd be interested to hear about what you get up to.
 
Well I've hurt myself from the trip earlier and hubby's banned me from the kitchen now and he was deadly serious.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @busylizzie

Oh you must have been very shaky and scared when you had your wobble. The trouble is with what is going on with your knee/leg is never right and I think you're brave to so the dentist independently. The thing is, if we don't try to do things, we achieve nothing. However, in your case, until you've seen your OS, I think you should be ultra careful. Are you in pain now?

Hubby really was cross with me. He still a bit off. However, I have to remember he's grieving and things will bug him more than normal. My left foot really hurts worse where I said is been getting pain anyway. My TKR is protesting by having gone very red looking, thankfully not hot just uncomfortable. My left hand and shoulder and bottom left of my neck. Hopefully by tomorrow it'll all be gone and ill be fine. I'm convincing myself I shall just ping back tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I'm ok but I'm not going to lie, I am in a bit of pain. I hurt but it's not unbearable. I'm hoping meds do the trick.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x x
 
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow, sounds like you took quite a tumble and it's really scary after all the problems you've had. Fingers crossed that rest and a good night's sleep will help.
 
Hi Ann,
I'm sorry to hear about your trip in the kitchen. I'm glad you didn't fall right down and I'm hoping that the aches and pains caused by that stumble soon go away. :console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
NanaMoon27, I am 5 1/2 weeks post op. I found this site one sleepless night at 3 weeks or so post op. It was a huge help. As thorough as my surgeons patient liaison was, they don't tell you everything you will go through. And maybe that's a good thing. it is not a surgery for the faint of heart, but that's when we reach deep and find out what we are made of. I'm a proud TKR right leg patient!
So, sleep...ah the elusive sleep. I dreading going to bed, luckily I was a patient that didn't have to sleep in a recliner but could recline in my bed from day one out of hospital. One night my (poor) husband who watched and listened to my complaints about not sleeping looked at me and said " why don't you just give yourself permission to not sleep, other PT a few times a week, you don't have to do anything tomorrow, just relax". Must have clicked, since then, some nights I sleep a few hours at a time, other nights its fleeting. But it is getting better, and I stopped stressing over it.
Around the beginning of the week, I finally stopped boohooing! I could cry at at anything, anytime and anywhere!
I stopped all the narcotics, the TEDs, the aspirin before the 6 week mark my surgeon laid out for me. I didn't need the pain killers ( Tylenol is working fine), the TEDs drove me crazy and asprin was bothering my stomach.
I actually felt this week like the old me. My ROM is about 105 and getting better daily.
It takes time, we all progress at our own speed. You have weathered a huge surgery, give yourself a huge pat on the back, relax and enjoy watching your leg come back without pain!
 
Hi @Sel

I'm ever so glad my thread helped you. The crying is what we call informally on here the post op blues. They are awfully miserable but they do pass. You've done very well to get off your meds and do Tylenol (uk paracetamol).

Yes my recovery has been interesting and a challenge but I'm getting there since the revision. I'm seeing the OS on Tuesday to see what is happening x x

Please take care and thank you for popping in. You're always welcome x xx
 
I'm so glad you are ok Ann, it's great that your TKR knee is fine now, you just need to get the other sorted and life can get back to normal.
 
Yes, you had a lucky escape, Ann. As you say, the good thing is that you now know your revised knee is strong and you can trust it. That's so good to know! :yes!: :yay:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom