Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

As Kelly says, well done that you managed the stairs with the parcel. You're now a member of the Over Did It Club - ODIC. No harm done. Rest and ice today.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We'll even as I speak I've now taken strong meds. I'm Elevating leg with ice around it in a sleeve thing. My left non TKR knee is murderous, so my plans to try to reduce the morphine by another 10mg are scuppered again. It's very frustrating. How ever I am due an X-ray on both knees in January so I'll know a bit more by then. The surgeon looked at the one in my non TKR taken by the other hospital last February and said it really needs replacing as it is so far gone and the only thing he can offer me is an arthroscopy at best but with no guarantees.
I've not had a nap today so I am Praying I fall asleep nice and early tonight x x x

I've kept the stairs to a bare minimum today thank goodness. Yes I'm in the ODIC tonight but at least I did get the parcel downstairs without falling although I have to say I was very scared. I've taken it really easy today.

I had my support lady phone today from healthy minds, calling me for a review and to see how I'm doing. She's quite happy. She gave me feedback and suggestions to help, especially the breathing exercise and mindfulness. Setting myself small targets. She is calling me again on the 19th December at 11.30.

Anyway take care, I do hope that you're having a great day, evening night.

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @Pumpkln

You are so right I have upset both my knees. They're stiff. The TKR is hot and the pain in the other one us awful again XX

I will be patient with them, I promise you x x x

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well my knees are aching. . I've managed some housework but had to leave the vacuuming. It's nearly killed me to not do that but I have to be sensible.

I'm about to take more paracetamol and get some rest/sleep. I'm resting in my bed at the moment x x.

I hope everyone is ok.

Take care love Ann x x.
 
Hi @skigirl, It's being X rayed in January as well as the TKR when I go for my check up x then we are to discuss it again. He's been straight with me and said there's nothing left to save after looking at my X-rays from February, off the other hospital, who said they might be able to save it and they'd send for me in six months. Six months later I got sent for and fobbed off saying I'd been discharged across to the other hospital!!! Anyway, I have tricompartmental osteoarthritis in it and arthritis in or was it behind the patella? I got upset and he said at best he could perhaps offer me an arthroscopy but it will rest on the new X-ray results x. He said he couldn't see what they were intending to save as there is nothing xxx my husband and me were really taken aback. Xxx
 
oh, I can imagine but maybe the second knee will behave itself and ust stick right in there. I have two fake knees and I hardly remember the right one---it is the good knee!!!
 
I've half resigned myself to the fact that most likely it will have to be replaced. However I need to get back to work for a spell. Unfortunately until I get out of the grips of this anxiety malarkey that's decided to try and get me I can't even consider it xxx I am making a little progress so that's a positive. Catch you later love Ann xxx
 
Everything will work out---it always does. Not always to our liking, however!!!
 
Hi all.

I've been to Hydrotherapy. It was lovely but for the fact I intensely dislike the new physio. She's a cold fish x she was telling me that I can get back to work and that my work would pay a taxi for me to so my assessing etc. I don't think so we had a restructure last year and we are due another one this summer x x x when I mentioned I was battling anxiety she merely said well see a psychologist I said I am. One older lady was sYing how she'd just just finished her Christmas shopping etc and the physio went to great lengths to explain in no frills about how she hated and detested shopping etc etc etc. A right Grinch and she was only young!!

I uncomfortable with both knees and my right hip, ouch. Just taking some meds x x

Love Ann x x c
 
So this person who just met you is telling you what you can and cannot do? Hmmmmm :chinstroke:
Sorry you have to put up with this treatment. Her job is to give you an appropriate hydro program.
Hope you next hydro session is smoother.
 
Yep @Pumpkln I disliked her intently. You know when a cat or dogs hackles go up it's back, well put it like this, if I'd have had some they'd have made now waves in the pool. I'd have hissed if I was a cat!!! She really did irritate me. She was a strange character. If she starts next week I will tell her straight that until my surgeon and doctor say I can go back then that's that xxx he only thing she did say was that the burning in my knee at night is nerves and I need something to treat that and to ask my GP about it. More flipping tablets. I think 22 a day is enough thank you x x ooh Chris, she got right under my skin but in a bad way.

How are you today x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ann, what a nasty person-( when she's not looking tie arm bands to her ankles :rotfl:). It's such a shame because she has spoilt what should be a totally relaxing experience for you. I do hope next week is better for you.
 
@Nana moon 27 Perhaps that was why there was a 10:00 am appointment opening? Apart from her personality was she a proficient therapist? If so then maybe phone and speak privately with the head therapist about her inappropriate comments.
I need to get back in the pool again as all this sitting around with the cold+cough has made my knees irritable.
 
That's great news @Chihuahuan, I was getting a bit worried as I do love my baths. My right knee is so strong now I ought to be able to cope, so child's plastic step stool to the rescue again, thanks for that xx
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom