Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Josephine you are a Godsend. Your experience, expertise and common sense alongside your direct but very polite approach is so reassuring. Thank you so very much xxxx
 
You are a lucky lady to have a husband who cooks....and cooks well! Bravo! PT wasn't too shabby today, I increased my ROM by 5 but still can't get my leg entirely straight. I'm hoping that's due to swelling and not what I'll be stuck with. I'm in a better mood too when it's sunny out. The shines about 360 days a year in Arizona (give or take) ;-), so me no likee when it's gloomy and overcast. Hope you had a great night and as I believe it's around midnight there, I hope you're settling in for a good night's rest! xoxoxo

(heehee, you wrote your last post while I was writing mine) :)
 
Hiya yes it's coming on 12.30. I'm resting. I can't straighten my knee either and when I try the pain is awful down the right hand side of it!!! The PT has asked me to go GP Not just cos of Meds but there is some redness and heat at the top of the scar she wants him to check out!!! We don't get much sun here this time of year. I hate the cold and the damp it zaps my energy. Once the spring and summer come I bloom then I love that time of year x on countdown for it. The nights are getter lighter later now thank goodness x x x I'm quite relaxed tonight. Took less pain med tonight but I'm going to top it up in a minute I have that warning niggling pain x x x as for writing posts at same time it shows great minds think alike x x x I'll let you know how I get in at GPs tomorrow xoxoxox night night xxx
 
Yes, great minds do think alike! :) I hope the redness and heat turn out to be nothing. Please do let me know as soon as you can what your GP says about that. Try not to push too hard on the extension thing. I find those exercises some of the most uncomfortable. My -5 is probably why I limp so much though. I have my. Week followup with my OS in the,morning so will hopefully get my pain meds and other things figured out. We can compare notes!

Sleep well, my friend!
 
Hi @Josephine, I hope that you are well! I went to see my GP this morning and he said he cannot understand why I am in such pain still although he does understand that knee is worse than hip. He has prescribed Stemetil, an anti sickness drug. I told him That I have reduced the morphine dose due to nausea and he asked how my pain was. I explained that obviously it was worse and very uncomfortable. He asked if it was unbearable I said no but very uncomfortable. He told me to alter it around maybe less in the morning and more at night and then try reducing the overall dose once it settles again. Resting again very tired x x x
 
Hi Nana moon, I've just been reading about you going up and down stairs so often, and do agree with DogLover that if you could cut that down a bit things might improve for you. I am a week behind you, I had my right knee replaced on Jan 11th. Most days I stay upstairs all morning, resting, exercising, icing, elevating - literally I lay on the bed with my legs up the wall, it is so comfortable. I come down stairs for lunch and then may have a short trip out, or maybe a friend might pop in, and I don't go back up the stairs until bed time (luckily we do have a downstairs toilet). I can honestly say that my knee isn't swollen at all and I am not in any pain. I hope things improve for you very soon.
Take care x
 
Glad you got in to see your GP. What did he say about the redness and heat from the top of your incision that your PT was worried about? Glad he gave you some anti-nausea medication (I have to take that too), but kinda sounds like he just talked in circles regarding your pain meds. I'm sorry he didn't offer you any alternatives, but hopefully 'fiddling' with the dosages will help.

I also hope that since you had a big outing to the Dr. today that you are going to take it extra easy at home today! Doing all those stairs yesterday (still less than you used to do every single day) did not bode well for a restful night. My knee has been killing me since about 8pm last night. It's finally starting to feel a bit better, but I did have to up my pain meds last night.

Off to see my OS for my 6 week check up!

xoxoxxo
 
Hi DogLoverx3. He wasn't particularly worried about the redness. He's advised me to check my temperature but it's normal so he's not at concerned. My knee has screamed at me since I got up this morning because of yesterday's physio So all I'm able to do today is rest and chill and ice etc. I'm very tired today x x x good luck with the OS let me know how you get on xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay thank you for your post. Yes I had been over doing things as per usual and I have to be honest I've been a lot better since cutting down on the stairs. I start the gym at the hospital for my physio on Friday. So hopefully things will improve a bit more. I'm glad you haven't too much swelling but I did have a rough time initially. I was in hospital for 9 days as I had two falls and developed a chest infection! Then I had blisters around the wound so all in all not he greatest start. I am however more positive now. Xxxxx
 
Glad to hear the redness isn't anything to worry about. Just got back from my OS visit and all went well! He answered all my questions, gave me the scripts I requested and doesn't need to see me again until my 1 year anniversary unless I have any issues before then. All in all, a pretty good visit. I'm still pretty swollen and my knee is very sore today ( left over from yesterday ), but I have a day of sitting in bed and watching TiVo lined up, so all should be good! I hope you're having a great day!! xox
 
I'm lying in bed elevated iced and in agony x think it's the aftermath of PT yesterday x I'm ever so pleased that all went ok. I'm due to see my surgeon on 24th February x bit fed up but ok x x x I'll chat later you enjoy your day x x x
 
I'm so sorry you're in such pain :( It would be great if we could tell, at the time, what is too much for our new knees instead of thinking all is okay and being surprised/punished later on. It's going to be a tough thing to get used to. My knee is still very painful today as well :(. I got a text from the pharmacy that my prescriptions are ready, but it will have to wait until tomorrow as I think I've been up on my knee enough for today. I so hope you find some relief soon and are able to rest. I will also hope that tomorrow is a MUCH better day. Xoxoxo (BTW, I would suggest not doing any exercises tomorrow - you've earned it)
 
Yeah exercise ban sounds good to me. I do enough generally any way. Yesterday I walked from the bedroom to the bathroom with out sticks! Today not a chance. You're right in what you say about surorise and punishment xxxxoxoxo
 
:cheers: Yey for walking without sticks yesterday! That is absolutely one of those day to day, hour to hour things that change. I rotated back and forth between my walker/crutches and cane for weeks. Some days are just better than others. I didn't use my cane yesterday and have a feeling that's part of the reason I hurt so much today. We both need to take our little victories when they come and know that very soon the victories with outnumber the setbacks! I hope your pain is getting more tollerable.r
 
My daughters came to visit but I've ended back up here. Have took pain relief. Icing and elevating x you are right one day victory will be ours ha ha ha !!!!!! I hope your pain is tolerable too x x x :dancy::cheers::martini:
 
So glad your girls came for a visit! I sure do hope your pain meds start working.

Yes, one day victory will be ours! We just have to get there 1st! :-)

xoxox
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom