Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ah Kneeper thank you ever so much. I've been in a right blooming state about this honest. Now I'm calming down I can see you're right. They are so wrapped up in their own lives i do understand that. Quite frankly we having grandchildren around everything goes out if your head I know that. I do not know what is like to give up work and be a full time carer for grandchildren so I assume like having your own children but very demanding. I certainly couldn't do it. I had my children very young. As a result my grandchildren (5 ) range between six and eighteen years old. My elderly parents have the mammoth task of taking my brothers children to school each day. I don't know how they manage they're inspirational. My brother had his children late in life. Talk about opposites!!! I think I'm more rational now and the wallowing in self pity is over it's not productive but appears to be part of this recovery process. It truly is a roller coaster ride x x x just when you think your up and over..... Any way thank you so much Kneeper I think like I said to Josephine I have to try and overcome my nerves and get one of my family to take me out locally somewhere. I'm scared that someone is going to knock me over cos we live in a very busy city that is overcrowded. My immediate area where I live is nice enough it overlooks a country park. The weather though is so wet here I can't go out on my sticks cos they keep slipping on the pavements. So I will ask my daughters to take me somewhere on Saturday even if it is only the 99p store up the road!!!
 
Remind me--are you still using a cane or anything? I'm thinking use it anyway if you're afraid of people knocking you over--if they see it they might pay more attention. :) So right--even a little outing helps the mood. I remember I was never so thrilled to go to the library as when I had my tkr and had mostly been stuck at home unable to drive yet. And it's ok to have a little pity party now and then.
 
Yes I still use one elbow crutch. Not very flattering but I don't care. Christmas my mom decorated them with tinsel ha ha xxxx I'm practicing to walk around the house with no sticks. I cannot wait to be rid of them honestly x spose I could always hit em with it ... Only joking x x x actually the shopping centre is on the way home from physio. I'll see how I am, what this awful weather decides to do, today we had snow hail and rain. It was just 3 degrees brrrrrrr. maybe I might just go in one shop with my daughter on way back. Have to see. This is my first group physio session like a gentle boot camp for knees!!! Maybe fun who knows? I'll let you know how it goes and once again Kneeper. Thank you for being there x x x
 
I took my crutches with me when I went out tonight (my 1st outing since surgery). I met a couple friends for happy hour at a nice resort in town. Even though I can walk without crutches, there's no way I was going to go anywhere without my 'security blanket'. :-) All was okay and they were even conversation starters. A gentleman came over and commented on my 'sticks' and I knew he was from across the pond. ;-) A trip out somewhere will help your mood. I was VERY nervous about going out tonight but we met early, I picked out a seat at the bar (no drinking - just water for me - boo) and then anyone that wanted to talk to us had to come over to us. I stayed @ 3 hours - now i wait and see how my knee feels tomorrow ......

yes, that's the back of my head - we were water skiing and I was holding up the 'man down' flag :-)
 
Oh wow so we have the same colour hair!!! Was the man from over the pond handsome? Yeah the give away was the terminology sticks!!!! I've had a bit if a bad night very depressed. Have to do something so after physio tomorrow I'm going to see if I'm ok and ask my daughter to take me to one shop just for a change and a confidence builder x x x I'm so glad you had a good night. You lasted well too another bonus ... Well done my friend :yes!: Xoxoxox
 
Sadly no, not handsome at all and about 20 years older than I am. He did ask me out though. I respectfully declined. :whistle: Careful about going out after physio though. I used to do that and it used to kill my knee as I should have just gone home to ice afterwards. If I needed to get something done or go somewhere on a day I had PT, I would go beforehand so I could go straight home after PT. Can you go to the shop with your daughter before your physio appointment? You'll do great when you're out, just be careful and watch the ground when you're walking!

I'm sorry you've had a bad night. I was reading your posts above and can totally relate. I have a lot of friends in town. And of those friends, exactly 2 ever actually came over to visit or offered to help me out. :-(

I hope you have a much better day tomorrow (or today for you as I think it's about 5am there)! xoxoxoxo
 
Do you know what. I am soooo glad to have met you. Hey I know the guy was a bit older but blimey it must've been an ego boost being asked out, especially if you're not your usual sparkly self!!!! You have made me feel better about my friends honestly. I have to stop beating myself up. I can honestly say I have tried. My appointment is 10 am in seven and a half hours time!!! Better try sleep ha ha!!! I might ask her to take me shop on Saturday instead. I will play it by ear. Night night chat later my friend xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
I'm glad I met you too. Xoxox It would have been a bigger ego boost had a tall, handsome man that I was attracted to asked me to dinner, but it was a start I guess. ;) And no, I certainly wasn't my 'usual' fun self, but I was closer than I have been in a long time.

As for friends kinda letting us down, well, not much to be done about that. Everyone has their own lives to lead and I've had to learn that although I would bend over backwards to help someone out, not everyone is the same. Doesn't mean they're bad friends or don't think of us, just means they're different.

good idea to play it by ear regarding shopping. While I hope you wait until Saturday (I had to set a strict '1 thing per day' limit) I know you'll do what's best. I hope you're all rrested up and ready for a great physio session!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Good luck at physio! I think it should be over by now, so hope all went great! xox
 
I really enjoyed physio. My daughter has stayed all day with me today. She just gone to pick one of her kids up from school!!! I have overdone the physio. My knee is so stiff. I have been elevating and icing it all afternoon. I loved doing the gym stuff it was like old times for me I used to go gym a lot but it contributed to the final demise of my knee x I didn't go shopping I was absolutely done in!!! As for the friends you are so right you have hit the nail right on the head there. I am one of those, like you who would bend over backwards and more!! As regards the English man I don't blame you. You never know what's around the corner and it just might be a gorgeous Adonis!!! I'm tired so I'm going to have a nap now and I'll chat later. Lovely to hear from you x x. Xoxoxoxxxxxx
 
So glad you liked physio and that your daughter has been with you all day! Also VERY glad that you opted out of shopping today. Physio takes a lot out of you and although they always ice my knee at the end, I found, for the 1st 5 weeks, that I needed to come right home after and ice some more and rest. It was exhausting!

I could be so lucky to have a gorgeous Adonis right around the corner. :-) If you know of any, give them my number please :heehee:

Hope you got some rest and your knee is loosening up a bit. If it doesn't, don't worry, you tried some new exercises today I'm sure and it's a normal reaction. xoxox
 
Hi I feel better for today I think it what I needed! PT'S over here don't ice you after. You have to go home and do it your self. It was a small group of six in the class and it was good because you could work at your own place with no pressure as long as you did the exercises. It was nice to get out the house too. My moms had and news. She went for an eye test and she has cataracts and the pressure in her eyes is off the scale. She cannot see her GP FOR TEN DAYS!!!!! She's refusing to see any of the others in the practice so I've told her to go up to the surgery on Monday and see if they can fit her in then. Unfortunately her doc only works part time!!! Anyway I hope all goes well for you and you're having a good day. My daughter set up her netflix account on my tv. I just watched a hilarious film called stepbrothers OMG I was crying with laughter. Laughter is the best medicine xxxxxxx
 
Oh wow, PTs always ice here - or at least offer it. Your class sounds great. You could all route each other on (and secretly compare yourself to the others). I'm so sorry to hear about your poor mom. I can't believe she'd rather wait 10 days than to see one of the other partners. I hope she gets it on Monday and all goes well!

Yey for Netflix! I have both that and HBOgo (thanks to an ex boyfriend who still lets me mooch off his account), so have enjoyed watching many movies in bed thru my computer. Stepbrothers was a very funny movie. I love stupid humor and that movie was chock full of it!

So glad you're having a good day! xoxoxoxo
 
Well I had a nice surprise tonight. I forgot my son was having his little boy this weekend. They all just came and stayed for a few hours. His partner made the tea, my husband got Chinese take out, and I've had such a good day cos of not being so isolated. Knee is very stiff almost like it's saying how very dare you make me work!! Ha ha xx so lots of elevation ice rest the mantra is becoming a chantra ha ha x I hope you're having a great day x x xxxxoxoxo
 
The other thing about the PT group today was the fact that there was no pressure with the exercising and we were all able to work at our own pace. It was nice listening to others advice and I recommended this site to them as well!!! I did squats, lunges, leg raises with weights, the stepper and the bike. I think that why my knee isn't my friend right now. Pain meds working okay which is the main thing. Taking in chances with that tonight xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
You did squats and lunges?!?!?! :shocked: I don't even do those yet. I've done squats while holding onto a railing, but I don't think that's what you're talking about. Glad you liked your class and the camaraderie. My knee isn't thrilled with all I did at PT this evening. I was working on steps without using the hand rails and I think that was a bit too much pressure for my whimpy quads and knee. Boo. It's very tight and stiff. As I only have a hot date with my dogs and bad tv tonight ;-), I can just ice it. My ROM is getting better in each direction, so that's good, I just wish I could advance a bit faster than I am. Oh well. I'm so glad you got to see so much of your family today! Sounds like it was a great day! xoxoxo
 
I did them holding the rails. But gee whizz man I'm paying for it. Had to wake husband up cos my leg was stuck and in bad pain. He's sorted me out as best he can. May have to take extra morphine I'd cut down 10 mg. xxx boo to the pain for us both xxxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom