Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello my sweet friend, how are YOU doing today? My knee is finally starting to feel a bit better. It seems like I took a ton of pain meds yesterday and nothing worked (it was a new location for pain yesterday on the right side of my knee that was just constant). Luckily I was able to sleep a bit last night as I didn't get any naps in yesterday. My knee is apparently my new alarm clock as it wakes me at 2:30am every single night (if I'm able to sleep) for another pill. I was able to fall back asleep though, so that's good. I've just thrown a load of wash in the machine and need to go pick up my prescription when the pharmacy opens in a couple of hours, but aside from PT later this afternoon and some cooking for my older couple, I'm not doing much.

How has your day been so far? Is your knee feeling a bit better? xoxoxo
 
Wow your sure are sounding better. Bizarrely the right hand side of my knee joint is where my pain is too!!!! I'm feeling good but it's cold wet and damp and only 8 degrees blooming cold x
 
Oh my goodness. My knee doesn't even like the refrigerated section of the grocery store, so it certainly wouldn't like your weather! I hope you've stayed in today and stayed cozy and warm and are taking the day off from doing pretty much anything. Guess I shouldn't tell you it's going to be 72 here today but only partly sunny. ;-)

At @ 3 weeks is when I started getting 'zingers' on both sides of my knees that hurt like h*ll and came out of nowhere to let me know that my nerves were coming back to life. Kinda hated them, but they didn't last for more than a week. No clue what this new pain is, but I hope it doesn't last long either and takes yours away with it! :-)

If you can stick out just a week or so longer, I PROMISE you are going to start to see a difference. You'll start being able to sleep better and your knee will be a tad bit nicer to you. After that, every day will be a little bit better.

Yes, I am feeling better today, physically and mentally. This is just such a looooooong road. I just want to be able to fast forward and be done already. ;-) I'm sure I'll have more whiny, weepy days to come, but I will enjoy not being that way today.
 
Yes I know what you mean I hope the pain goes too. I've had a good day today. Someone I befriended when I did my teacher training contacted me yesterday to say she's coming over this afternoon. We looked at each tiger and laughed. She at my knee and me at her weight loss that as far as I was concerned was unnecessary until she explained. and complete relaxed way of life. She is normally like me, stress head, control freak always on the go, living life 90 mph in the fast lane. Evidently she's had a heart attack!!!! She doesn't smoke, drink or eat unhealthily. She does holistic therapies as a living. Luckily her medical training attached to the courses she teaches as well as carries out privately enabled her to recognise the symptoms and that is what saved her!!! Anyway had a great afternoon swapping stories, she is single and we had a great time chatting about dates she'd been on etc. I hope you are having a good day I have PT in the gym at the hospital tomorrow morning!!! Lovely to chat to you my friend. Catch you later x love Nana Moon27 xoxoxox
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 why is it I can have a really good day and then suddenly feel like I'm going into a black hole. I have suddenly gone downhill mentally and just want to cry my eyes out! This is just crazy! I'm going to go downstairs for a change of scenery. Try and distract myself. I want to be good tomorrow ready for PT!! Chat later my friend hope the couple appreciate your lovely cooking x x x oxoxoxoxox x x x
 
Oh NanaMoon, I'm sorry your day ended in a different direction. Sounds as if you had a lovely visit with your friend though, so that's good! You're in week 3 now and I cried every single day (at least once) during weeks 3 & 4. Oh heck, some of 5 too. There's no rhyme or reason to it, but you're tired and frustrated and the simplest of things seem out of your reach at the moment. It's totally understandable that you'd feel blue. I know I keep saying it and it doesn't help, but it will get better. It's just a long process.

I hope the new scenery downstairs (although you have to take stairs to get there) help to improve things. Wish I could send you some good thoughts and doggie kisses to cheer you up. :puppysmooze: Tomorrow will be better and I Hope that you have a great session with your physio (look at me talking all English and calling it physio instead of PT) ;-) xoxoxoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3!!! You certainly are learning the English phrases well bless you x going downstairs was the right thing to do. Went on my laptop and ordered birthday presents off Amazon for my youngest grandson and my sister in law! Hooray:dancy:!!!! I really can relate to the crying thing and now thanks to you letting me know this normal, I can just go with it. I have a saying that I use with my daughters " you can only cry for so long" it's quite true cos once you've started to cry it always stops eventually. I think of it as a safety valve. My mom and dad rang tonight they're coming over in the morning so I'm looking forward to that. I'm glad I went downstairs I discovered that tomorrow is Thursday and my PT (check out my American) isn't until Friday. I thought it was Thursday today !!!! Woohoo x just got into bed now. With an ice pack in the back on my knee for a change instead if the front. Please give your lovely little doggies a fuss and a cuddle off me. I'm hoping to sleep tonight. I hope you get some sleep too when it's time over there. I will chat to you tomorrow Nighty night love Nana Moon 27 xoxoxo
 
Glad I can be the Bonesmart poster child for pity parties and crying. ;-) Honestly though, I'm glad that it makes you not feel so bad. I wouldn't want anyone to think that they just weren't handling things well when in reality, this is just something that is HARD to handle well and weepy spells are more common than most would like to admit to.

I'm glad the change in scenery and online shopping cheered you up! I know I'm getting darn tired of moving from my bed, to the chair, to the couch, to the chair outside, so totally understand how 'switching it up' can help!

Yey for an extra day before PT (good job on the American!). So funny you have an ice pack on the back of your knee tonight. The back of mine is killing me after PT today. They certainly put me through my paces, but I need it as my strength is nowhere near where it should be. They're not doing anything extreme or anything that hurts, it's just all sort of difficult at the moment but is good for me. My bend seemed better today as well.

I hope you're able to sleep tonight! Have a lovely visit with your folks tomorrow morning!!! xoxoxo
 
I read on one of the listings about icing the back if the knee as that swells too. So I thought I'd give it a go!!! If I'm 'bleckey' tomorrow well both know why ha ha xxxx:)
 
I ice the back of my knee sometimes in addition to doing the front - it helps. I've had a fairly decent day (don't want to get too ahead of myself and jinx tomorrow) ;-) Funny thing, where the right side of my knee hurt yesterday, the left hurts today .... weird. I think I'm neurotic. :doh:I blame the meds. ;-) x0x0x0x0
 
@DogLoverx3 Omg I forgot to take anti sickness tablets with my morphine. I feel sooooo sick...yuk! Took the anti sick pill gone to bed to sleep it off! Your word blecky eh
 
Oh poo. I'm so sorry you're feeling blecky. That's the worst. Hopefully you'll wake up feeling better! Were you able to sleep okay last night? Is it getting any easier to sleep for more than an hour? I switched up my pain meds yesterday and found out that Tylenol does NOT work for me when my knee wakes me up at 4am in pain. Lesson learned. I'll get this medication thing down pat eventually. ;-)

Did you have a nice visit with your parents this morning? I'm sure they're very proud of how well you're doing!!
 
Hits @DogLoverx3, how are you my friend. It's lovely to hear from you x yes I seem to be napping longer in the night. Your Tylenol is the same as our paracetamol. It's only good used in combination with other appropriate medication as advised by docs. Oh my parents are so proud. My mom cursed my stairs saying she never realised how narrow and steep and awkward with the twist top and bottom!!!! I just laughed. The only thing was she fetched cakes and I'm not eating much still. She turned ion the whole guilt trip thing of how shed fetched them specially! I've lost some weight so I think she feels I need to put it back on. I'm not big as in huge but I am very curvy I think they call it hourglass ! I put on my new jeans i bought for Christmas which were snug to say the least. Today I went the loo and they pulled straight down without having to undo zip etc wow! Anyway to make her happy I ate them xxx I've had a sleep got up did some ham and eggs and come back up to bed xoxo

Please be careful with your pain meds. I've cut down my morphine by 20 mg per day down to 30 mg twice a day. I'm propping this up with paracetamol x I will leave it at this for a week and reduce again if I can. If it doesn't work I can always up it. I thought that the reduction would lessen the sickly yucky feeling of nausea but it hadn't so I take the anti sickness pill to counteract this.

Chat later give your lovely dogs a scratch behind the ear off me please!!!! Xoxoxox I
 
You sound much better today my friend! Thank you for the tip about the Tylenol. I didn't realize that it was really only effective when taken with another med. I was trying to spread out my meds, but I will now pair the Tylenol with the Tramadol and I'm sure it will work better. Josephine left me a little schedule to follow pairing the 2.

Hopefully cutting back on your morphine will be okay and you won't have to up it again. Do you have Tramadol over there? It's supposed to be great for knee pain and when paired with Tylenol, it's supposed to be a terrific 'step down' drug.

Funny about your mom and the guilt cakes. :-) I've lost a couple of pounds since surgery as well. I probably have about 20 to lose in all from all the inactivity prior to surgery and I'm tall (5'10"), so I'll take a weight loss anywhere I can get it. ;-) Once I hit 40, my metabolism seems to have shut down completely. Darn shame. Way to go on the jeans fitting better!!!! At least there's an upshot to all we've been through so far. :whistle:

Honestly, I don't know how you do it with the stairs. Especially with them being windy! You're my hero. I won't even move upstairs to my bedroom and my stairs are a straight shot!

I hope you're having a terrific day!
 
Yes I am feeling better. What you say about Tramadol I'd right. The problem for me is that I became immune to it before I had surgery and that's why I was put on to morphine x I am scared to say this but I think my days are getting a little better. I start my new PT regime at the hospital gym tomorrow and I think that this will be quite fun! I will be part of a group doing very gentle marching on the spot, go on the exercise bikes. I'll let you know what it's like x x x. Chat later love Nana Moon 27 x x xoxoxo x x
 
Yey for better days!!! I'm the same way in not wanting to jinx anything by saying it out loud. ;-) Glad to hear you're excited about group PT tomorrow! I actually like going to PT. Although it's not in a group setting, there are always at least 5-6 other people there at the same time, so it's nice to chat and encourage each other. Make sure not to overdo it, but enjoy. I can't wait to hear how it was! I've been lazy lazy lazy today. I woke up, brushed my teeth, washed my face, fed the dogs and then went back to bed to watch tv and fall back asleep until 10:30am! I am going to attempt to go meet a friend for happy hour (no drinking for me though) in a couple of hours, so we'll see how long I last. I already warned that I probably wouldn't be able to stay very long, but who knows. Have a great rest of your night. I hope you are able to sleep & that you have a great physio session tomorrow!! xoxoxo
 
Ah thank you. I hope you have a lovely time with your friend. It'll be great when you're off the meds and can have an happy hour ha ha!!! I too have had a lazy day mainly cost I felt sick through most of it. Will make sure when I take my strong meds in an hour that I take the anti sickness tablet too!!! My husbands been out doing a plumbing job for someone although he's retired. Therefore I have had the day to myself once Mom and dad left. It was nice when he came in because we actually had some conversation cos he's done something different. He's relieved that I am getting stronger and more independent. So am I for that matter!!! I know exactly what you mean about that tiredness and not being able to last type thing. I get like it when I have visitors. X x x anyway have a great evening love Nana Moon27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Just a quick one. Is that profile pic the back of your head? If so your hair is the same colours as mine :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 . I saw your post on another thread about being bummed that your friends haven't come to see you. I'm sure you are more upset b/c of the rollercoaster emotions post tkr. It's nice that at least they texted or sent cards--so they haven't forgotten about you. Maybe you can work out a time for a visit soon. :console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom