Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I'm not familiar with Thrush NanaMoon, but I'm sure it's uncomfortable whatever it is (I'll Google after I send this). Hopefully it will get sorted out soon! I was able to fall asleep for another couple of hours, but finally gave up at 5am and took a shower. I SO wanted to take one yesterday but was just too tired.

Yes, I love my dogs and the unconditional love that they provide. I used to be very active in rescue so my 3 are all former foster dogs of mine and all off the euthenasia list at the pound. As I live alone, am not married and don't have kids, my house would be very very quiet (and lonely) without them to greet me! :puppysmooze: I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter had to put her boxer down :-( there's nothing harder (aside from TKR, that is) :-x

How long will your daughter and grandkids be visiting for? Do they live far from you?

I do hope you were able to get another hour or so of rest after drying your hair. I need to go dry mine now (after I look up what thrush is). Have a wonderful day!!!! xoxxo
 
Poor you @Nana moon 27 - time for a bit of gentle yoghurt positioning?
Make sure it is natural plain yoghurt, my loopy friend used a raspberry one and thought she had contracted a terrible disease when the pips came out!
 
Ha ha ha! That is sooooo funny I am howling with laughter. I went to the chemist and bought a pessary hoping it'll do the trick!!!! Both my daughters live within a couple of miles away about ten minutes or so maximum x my son lives in another town called Wolverhampton. So I only see him once a fortnight when he collects his son for the weekend off his ex partner x my knee is still stiff and sore but I'm okay in myself and have come upstairs now they've gone for a proper rest xxxxdoing the Bonesmart mantra x
 
It's nice you get to see your kids so often! I hope you had a nice visit. I've already taken 2 naps today. Your bedroom is upstairs and you take the stairs? How many times a day do you go up/down? My bedroom is upstairs as well, but i'm living in my family room downstairs as i am afraid steps would be too much for me. I hope your knee feels better and that you get a nice rest. Xox
 
DogLoverx3 I must go up and down those stairs at least eight times a day. Unfortunately there is no downstairs bathroom here so it's stairs unless I'm resting up here xxxxxxx I'm wondering if this is what is doing my knee?
 
Oh my goodness. That's a lot of work for your knees. No wonder you're sore. Any way to cut down the number of times you go up/down each day? I SO admire you for being able to do that! I'm lucky in that I have a full bath downstairs. I've only been upstairs once since my surgery. I think walking all those stairs more than makes up for any home exercises you're doing. I wouldn't be doing anything else.

Is there a television upstairs? I would set up shop upstairs with snacks, meds, water, etc..... and maybe your hubby could bring your meals up to you so you don't have to go up and down the stairs so often. I know it's not ideal, but I think it would be better for your knee this early on. Heck, I'm living in my family room! ;) I know it's only temporary though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what DogLoverx3 I think you are right. I have everything I need in the bedroom. I only get up because I think I should be doing stuff. I think that's what I'll try for a few days xxx thank you xxxx
 
Yey for the nap! I really do think you'll see a difference in how you feel if you just camp out upstairs for a few days and putter around on the 2nd floor. There's nothing that needs to be done downstairs that can't wait. I think you're pretty amazing for taking the stairs as much as you do but my knee hurts for you just thinking about it!! ;-) Gosh, that's SO much extra effort and work. Give yourself a pass, dowload a little bell app on your phone that you can ring when you need your husband to bring you anything (yes, you can blame this on me if he belly-aches) ;) and truly relax and take it easy. Having to walk upstairs in order to rest kinda cancels out the rest that you may get.
 
That makes sense actually. I'm not right tonight. Pain doesn't seem to be very well controlled. Yet I've been in less pain the last few days. The pain and the stiffness us awful. In fact the joint feels hot and swollen so I'm elevating and icing it xxxx I hope you are ok too ? Xxxxx
 
Oh no, i'm sorry to hear your knee is being a bad apple tonight. As Referee told us, there's no rhyme or reason sometimes to why it will act up; it just will. I'm sorry you're in pain. Did you perhaps miss a dose? I've done that before and it takes at least 1/2 a day to catch back up. I've been testing out pill reminder apps on my phone so I can get a better handle on a set schedule. I'm glad you've decided to lay off the stairs for a couple of days. I'm hopeful that your knee will thank you for it.

I have been pretty worthless today and just woke up from my 3rd nap (sorry). I guess I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. All I've done today is lay in bed, watch tv and take pain meds. Oh, I did go sit outside with the doggies for a bit too.

I hope your knee settles down soon and you're feeling better. I find when my knee acts up for no reason one of the most frustrating parts of this whole recovery process. It's that whole 2 steps forward, 1 back thing. I still can't believe you've been doing so many stairs. I'm surprised your PT didn't suggest otherwise.... ((hugs))
 
I've over done using the stairs, cos our bathroom is up there. Like ten steps each flight.
:yikes:
It just aches so blooming bad
Hardly surprising! And at only 3 weeks out too.

Would it surprise you I have some questions to ask?

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery!
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
)


2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?


3. how often are you icing your knee and for how long?


4. are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?


5. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and


6. what kind of PT/exercises are you doing? How much and how often? (and detailed details would be appreciated, please! reps, sets and session and all that)
 
I hope you're doing okay NanaMoon27 :-( I hope you haven't posted because you are sound alseep and feeling better but I fear that it's been a bad night for you and I know how frustrating those can be. To be perfectly honest, and just so you know it's okay as i know I'm not the only one, I think I cried every single day from weeks 3-5 :boohoo: All the exhaustion, the ups, the downs, the boredom, the frustrations, the pain and all else seem to just build up. Please know that it's temporary though. I am so hoping that tomorrow is a good day for you.

I'm still stiff and sore and always worried that the damage I do to myself by overdoing will not be permanent, but as tough as it is, we must try to remain optimistic. By the way, since you don't have a dog, my 3 (Dickens, Bean & TJ) are sending you little doggie kisses to help you feel better xoxoxxo :puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is with me I am a self confessed want to get on with it rule the world blooming control freak workaholic. However, I know the world of work has not ended because I'm not there. Oddly enough I don't think about it or miss it which is very unlike me!!!

Everyone around me us inshock because right mow I couldn't care less about work yet I normally love my job. This experience is a wake up call somewhat!!! I will let you know what Josephine says in fact I'll copy what I wrote her in to here hang in .... Right one essay coming up as follows:-

Unfortunately when I was in hospital I had a couple of setbacks. First I had a fall the day after surgery on sticks that the PT insisted I used when I needed the toilet. I had a massive bruise under the whole of my foot on the surgery leg, so I kept being told off as I couldn't put my foot to the floor properly. Then I developed a chest infection and had to have intravenous antibiotics. They confined me to bed for twenty four hours as my pulse was 133 bpm! I ended up in hospital for 9 days in total. I am doing my best Josephine honestly I am but I'm so upset right now and exhausted. I know the morphine can have this effect but I think I'm just a but down. It feels stiff and swollen.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try sleep now x gonna out that sleep app on try that x night night it's 3.40 am x x x
 
Oh you sweet thing. I had forgotten that you were in hospital for 9 days. I hate that you fell because your stupid PT made you use sticks instead of a walker. You've had a rough go and I, like you, are a 'let's just get on with it' kinda gal, but this is one thing that we can't rush. I'm aggravated as can be that this is such a long process (mainly because I feel like an idiot for having NO idea) and mad that I'm on my own (bigger issues than just the knee thing) for it all. I know I make things worse by trying to do too much (which of course, I don't see as too much), but don't see any other way. I can tell that you're an over-achiever. We are both just making things more difficult for ourselves.

As much as I overdo with other things, I don't do exercises at home. I figure all the other things that I do each day more than make up for it. Do you even have a walker, btw? I still use mine at home when my knee is hurting. It helps me walk more normally and honestly helps me take the pressure off of things. I worry that things will never get better but they will. While the bad days outweigh the good ones right now, that will all change in the future! We will get through this!!!

I hope you get some sleep last night and cut back on...well, everything! xoxoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi no I don't have a walker but I get on ok with my sticks. I am frustrated and overtired x have managed to nap. Gonna take things super easy today. Thanks ever so much for your support it means sooooo much xxxxxxx chat later x x x
 
Glad you're going to take it easy. I can already tell today is going to be a bad day for me. Wasn't able to get comfortable at all last night and woke up in a horrible mood with my back hurting again and just tired of it all. :-( I'm sitting at my desk now trying to work on my taxes but pretty much just keep crying and feeling sorry for myself. I hope your day gets better my friend. xoxo
 
Oh DogLoverx3 I'm so sorry to hear about your bad day. I have only done three trips upstairs today. A work mate called in this after noon and stayed for hours. She's not long gone and I am exhausted. I would be inclined to leave your taxes if you can because while you feel like this you're likely to make a mistake!!! Sending you big hugs xxxx:friends:
 
Thanks NanaMoon. My knee is finally starting to loosen up, but I'm still pretty blah. I got a great phone call from an out of state friend today so that was nice. Glad you had a nice visit with your work friend but sounds as if she may have stayed a bit too long. Did you lay down and elevate your leg while she was there? I would have totally done that. :) Heck, I may have even dozed off for a nap too. :whistle: Glad you've at least cut down on the number of trips up and down the stairs (you know though, that 3 trips equals 6 flights though right) ;-)

I hope the rest of your day was a good one. I didn't end up doing taxes. Did some cooking for my older couple, layed in bed, played on the computer and felt sorry for myself. Kind of a theme for the weekend. :groan:

Thanks for the hugs! ((hugs))
 
Back
Top Bottom