It’s been said before, but I can’t say it enough times, don’t let a PT hurt your recovering joint. It can’t get better if it’s constantly being hurt, it’s that simple. How will the inflammation go away if they’re constantly manipulating it farther than it can really go and causing more? I promise you if you just do what you can, you’ll get better. Walk walk walk that’s my recommendation. I was lucky, I had surgery on both legs that was virtually pain-free, no surgical pain, no PT pain no recovery pain. What the doctor gave me was four days of an antibiotic, three weeks of a nerve medicine, aspirin to prevent blood, clots, and four weeks of Tylenol three times a day without fail. I had two weeks of self PT, based on the app on my phone from Zimmer Biomet, the manufacture of my new knee. After two weeks, I started PT. For my left knee I waited three months to go back to the gym; for my right knee I went back in three weeks. Just riding the bike to keep my range of motion loose.
I’ll be thinking of you and I hope you update us in a few days/weeks to let us know that you’re doing better.