Guest viewing is limited

THR When is it time to have the other hip done<

I know she did but its hard for people who had an easy time to relate to what a nightmare this could be. I am almost losing my business because i mussed 6 months of work. It took me 6 months to build this business. Thats why I'm so bummed. Cant take my grandsons to the zoo. Go 4 wheeling with my husband. I get exhausted about it all! Dont know if ill ever do rbisagain
 
@dougie0216 Big pharma as they call it. Today my leg was insane because i had my grandchildren over and too much play. It was this eirie pain one step above shoot me pain. I actually needed a cane which i have not used in months. i want to he able to take some sort of heavy duty pain killer when im like this rather than cry all the way home from work. Where do you go for your for the tramadol injection. I have had one in hospital and it worked great. Can you get it in your doctors office
 
Yes, your personal physician can give you Toradol injections. I had a couple prior to surgery when sleep became impossible. I had a couple more while in hospital as well as a couple of injections of dilaudid.

If you ever watched a sporting event and someone left the field with a boo-boo, and they came back later and looked ok, chances are they received a toradol injection in the locker room.

Tramadol is an orally taken painkiller.

I have used a cane off and on since 2013. Today I don't need it:loveshwr:
 
Hi Belladonna
I hope you are feeling a little up beat today.
We all have good days and bad.
When I feel down and depressed and want to vent and cry ... I just type on bonesmart :) it makes me feel better. I find with my RA it can make me depressed and pain/fatigue alone gives you different emotions. you have to get it out. Not everyone will get it but someone will, I am sure everyone feels for you.
Your not alone :)

I had my surgery on 4th July my recovery is going well it is now day 12. When I go to see my consultant I will be asking for a date for my right leg.

Wishing you a happy day
 
You say this like its easy. Or giving me a slap on the back saying get it together girl. It is not that easy for me, all of my pain has caused serious depression for me where i have been put on medication. My experience has been traumatic.
Honey, trust me, Jaycey knows what it's like to have a tough recovery and get depressed. Most of us have know that. Probably not exactly like you have because everyone's path is unique to them. But we ALL get it and understand and are empathic.
Its like when people who have never experienced depression say snap out if it. You don't SNAP out of depression. It's a dark hole you have to climb out
True again. I've had depression a lot in my life. Lost two good jobs because of it - had to take medical retirements. It certainly IS a dark hole but each of us has to find our own way out. That's the hard part, because one person's solution doesn't work for anyone else.

Here's wishing you all the best.
 
@Jaycey @Josephine
I certainly did not intend disrespect towards you Jaycey. I go from crying to anger. I too am so close to losing a successful business that took me 12 years to build. I have not been at my school for 6 months. The people working there have nothing to lose if it fails. I'm just not me! I can't just function as me. I look in the mirror I don't even see me any more. Like I said in another post, my son got married, my daughter graduated and I could not focus because of the pain. I just went home and cried. So tired of this. I thought 6 weeks was going to be long but 10 months!!!
I apologize if I offended!
 
No of course you didn't offend anyone! I was just trying to let you know that we ALL sympathise, empathise and understand exactly where you are coming from! Vent all you like here - this is what BoneSmart is all about.
 
@Layla
Last week my brother recommended i see a holistic doctor. I found a great one so I made an appointment. The town my dr is in had a terrible flood and when i went to the dr the river was fine but when i came it overflowed. I could not find a way home and my anxiety went through the roof. It took me 2.5 hours to get home. Should have taken 20 minutes. My husband had to pry me out of the car. So for the past 3 days my thigh has been so sore i cant put weight on it. Pain is such a big part of my life. But the people on here are so encouraging
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my giddy aunt! YOu poor girl. How awful! That would put me over the edge and no mistake! I am scared of floods, storms and high winds! Oh yes - and snow! Will NOT leave the house if the white stuff is around, even a little scatter of it!
 
So sorry you had that experience. It would probably make most a bit anxious. Thankfully you're okay.
Hopefully you will find a solution to your pain. Chronic pain sucks the energy right out of a person.

I've found this site to be a lifesaver from the first distress signal I sent out the night before my surgery. There are many kind, loving, caring people here always looking to lift and encourage. It's a blessing! I truly feel that way. It was company for me in the earliest days of my recovery (I'm only 18 days in) and I still like to check in on my faves. It's easy to get to know some of these people. You get a feeling if you met some you'd love them and want to count them as friends.
A peaceful evening to you, Belladonna
 
@Josephine
I have a question. We had a flood in a near by town and I was there at a Dr's appointment. Was fine going in when I came out the banks overflowed and I could not get out. 2½ hours in my car not moving.

The past 3 days I have had so much pain in my thigh not able to put much weight on it. My friend who is a nurse said its probably because no circulation for so long sitting in the car. I did call my OS and they said to go to ER for an xray and pain med. Josephine I am so tired of ER so I iced and put my feet up.

Ok here's the question. I come home from work exhausted. I quit PT and have not been getting much exercise. I use to do water aerobics before surgery. The class is 3 x per week 45 minutes. How's this: 15 min first week, 20 the second and add 5 min a week until i get to 45? Will that be ok or be too much.
 
@Josephine I have never heard the saying oh my giddy aunt. It's cute. That is a copy of the flood. You know you just get to the point and look up and say oh God what's next!!!
 
Hi @Belladonna I just saw your thread and had to send huge hugs your way. I too deal with anxiety issues had them totally in control for years and can tell you I'd freak driving back from the doctor in a flood. We are here for you I have no real wisdom just I understand
 
Sweetheart, your image didn't make it onto the board. I suggest you take a look here to see how to put images in your posts. It's really very easy! Uploading a Picture in a Post

I come home from work exhausted. I use to do water aerobics before surgery. The class is 3 x per week 45 minutes. How's this: 15 min first week, 20 the second and add 5 min a week until i get to 45? Will that be ok or be too much.
My darling girl, if you are working you really DON'T need any PT, water aerobics or at home exercises! None at all. Especially not if you are exhausted from work anyway. Think about it - you're bashing your hip and body to such an extent, it's little wonder you are feeling dreadful. If you must do something after work, then just take a 15 minute walk (that's 15mins there and 15 mins back, OK?)

I also want to make this point - if you are exhausted then your body, mind and spirit are stressed out beyond measure and easily give rise to the anxiety and panic you experience. Please do yourself a BIG favour and try to lessen up on the activity and allow yourself to relax.

[Bonesmart.org] When is it time to have the other hip done<
 
Belladonna, That is scary! I've never experienced this and wouldn't want to.
I've read that 6 inches of water hits the bottom of most cars which can cause your vehicle to stall. If there's a foot of water many vehicles will float, two feet can carry away most cars including SUV's. Thankfully you're safe.
A great Sunday to you!
 
This was not my vehicle but, this is what faced me at every turn until I found away out of town with an incredibke amount of cars trying to do the same thing. If i dud mot have the bad hip I would have ran home. If interested google Burlington Wisconsin flood.
 
I imagine it depends on where you have the surgery done, but presurgery I was asked if I wanted catheter or not. I chose not and everything went fine. I was helped up to bathroom within a couple hours of surgery and found it relatively easy to use walker to go a couple of more times that evening. At 10 days post open no uti yet.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom