THR When is it time to have the other hip done<

So I'm not sure if this is my anxiety and stress over my hip not the slow healing, but I have had two major lower abdominal attacks that literally floored me. When you are on anxiety medication I find doctors dismiss you and what you are saying and tell you to stay on your medication to reduce stress.

I feel this is more than stress. I get horrible pain when I eat or ir try to go to the bathroom. I'm afraid to eat so I get frustrated and cry. My friend who is a pain management nurse said this is not normal and I need to have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy.

I went to the ER the other night because it was so bad and they pumped me full of morphine. Well that made things worse. So this morning we are seeing a new GI Dr. I will get myself out of this web soon.

Now here's the crazy part. Last week I had severe pain on the side I had my TRHR, in the front of the thigh from the top to my knee. It was a Sunday so I rested and iced and sent a message to my Dr telling him.

In the note I reminded him that I could not take anti-inflamatories due to my past stomach issues. He recommended I take 600 mg of Advil 4x per day for 4 days. WHAT?

I felt so sad because I thought I found the best surgeon ever. It feels life they all think I'm a hypochondriac and are saying take 2 Tylenol and call me in the morning. All of this is real and they are blowing me off. I am so discouraged.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Belladonna,
I'm sorry for the anxiety you are suffering along with the physical ailments. I can sense your frustration. I hope between the holistic doctor you found and your team of medical professionals you can get this all figured out. My heart goes out to you and I'll remember you in prayer.
To brighter days ahead......
 
Bella, are you going to see your surgeon about this abdominal pain? Because that will get you nowhere. You need to see you GP (PCP) and get yourself referred to a GI doctor really quickly.

Ortho surgeons have what I call "tunnel vision mentality" meaning if it's not bone, they're out of their depth and therefore tend to give erroneous advice!
 
I did go see a GI doctor and he said all the stress surrounding my hip surgery is flaring up my IBS. So now I have that to deal with. They put be on the FODMAP diet which is very hard to follow and causes more anxiety. I want to see an end to this tunnel.

I know what you mean about orthopedic doctors. When my leg was hurting last week, I texted him and told him I had thigh pain and could he recommend something that was not an anti-inflammatory. He suggested 600 mg of Advil ever 6 hour for 4 days. That baffles me.
 
Hi Belladonna,
Are you still scheduled to have the left THR in five days, or have you backed it off?

Hopefully you can get into the groove of the prescribed diet in an effort to lose some of your symptoms.
Possibly removing some of the know IBS offenders from your diet may also relieve some of your stress. Our bodies are pretty fine tuned to re-act favorably if we consistently supply (feed) them what' they need. Easier said than done for most, myself included!
Hope today finds you more relaxed and at peace.
Please keep us posted.
 
@Layla
You are so great, I feel like you really care. So far can't keep the diet down. Goes right through me. I have not felt well since Friday night. I just want to get on with my life. Yesterday was 10 months since my surgery! I use to be so fun and funny and now I don't even smile.
 
Thanks, Belladonna...I do care but I see from your thread that I'm in good company, many here care. You are dealing with a lot of issues, to much PT, a job, your own business, a husband / family, health issues and the prospect of another major surgery on the horizon. It's a lot!

Somehow I wish you could take care of just Belladonna for a time. Healing your body through proper diet and nutrition and taking more natural supplements as opposed to over the counter or prescription meds that seem to be wreaking havoc with your system. Maybe if you made yourself a priority for a time and really take care of your body to the best of your ability, in the most natural way possible, your mood and emotions would benefit also.

In addition, if you're not already, take some time daily to meditate, pray, whatever you use to center yourself it may help also. I know many here are rooting for you and we will continue to do so. Keep us posted.

Wishing you a peaceful, painfree day and relaxing evening.
 
Hi Belladonna.
Are you still going ahead with the surgery next week ?
I hope you decide to go ahead and are healthy enough to proceed.
Its not fun being sick and sore but I feel this OP might help with everything.
Joe.......
 
So sorry Belladonna you are going thru this health dilemma...horrible..I too have stomach issues with anti inflamnatories...had ulcer last year...it healed...I have to take aspirin 2x day...MY GI insists I taje Prevacid or Nexium daily...so far so good...it's been 4 weeks...I tried to off the Prevacid for 1 day to just see...had to go right back on...does anyone know if the OS takes you off of aspirin at 6 week check up??? I read blood clots can still be a worry up to 3 months...BellaDonna I am praying for your health to get better and all your issues to subside real soon! We are all here for you! Big Hugs !
 
Awe I got your hugs. Layla, Irish Joe, Donnarita thanks you guys.

I am going to an amazing naturopath and another doctor that is both who i have known for years. I went to visit tbis amazing a Christian woman who i have known for years she anointed me with oil, she prayed for me and had an amazing talk that I needed
I have postponed my surgery to January sooner if things get painful!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] When is it time to have the other hip done<
    IMG_9681.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:
@Donnarita, I could not tolerate the aspirin so I asked if I could stay on cumadin a little longer. I also bought one of those leg squeeze things used in the hospital from Amazon. Do your leg exercises and wear those horrible compression stockings
 
Tx BellaDonna!! I only had leg compression stockings on during surgery...they took them off in the OR...THEY didn't even elevate me in hospital...was only in for 1 day..all went great!! I hope you are doing well!! TY for responding I appreciate it!!!
 
I got annointed too @Belladonna!! After mass the weekend before my surgery! I also have holy water I spritz on me every morning...but with all my achy joints...I really should be bathing in it!!! Prob a good idea times if till January...time will tell about the pain...I am wishing you great health & less pain!! Hugs BellaDonna!!!
 
Wishing all the best for you... Hope all gets resolved.
We are all rooting for you!
 
Bella, aspirin is an NSAID so you should not be taking that either. Do be careful of diets that upset your digestive system.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom