What were your private milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know, I am now cycling with more ease now, just got off the bike actually, I was on it for 15 minutes. Saddle sore but happy. Still hurts a bit, but better.I listen to the Archers Josephine on Radio 4 while I cycle, do you like that?

I will lower the saddle again in a day or so and try that again. I get to tell my PT the good news tomorrow about this achievement and that the OS isn't pushing for the manipulation at the moment. It will make a change not to be telling her I can't do things.

It's also good to not be complaing to you my good encouraging friends.

Think I shall have an earlier night tonight, I am going to Aquafit at 8am, physio at 11am and driving my friend to the airport at 3pm. Good night all. Sue
 
Big day ahead for you, Sue. Rest well and keep bikin'!!! Sounds like you have things going the right direction!!! ....Jamie
 
Thanks Jamie. Yes I think I think I have, this is the first time I have felt really positive about this recovery, it has been a long time coming, well it seems that way to me
.
I know I am lucky compared to many people here and also out there. Sometimes it is hard to think that way. I apologise to anyone who is far more worse off than myself in terms of medical problems. I know I been selfish in that respect.

Many thanks to all of you for helping to get me through the difficult times. I couldn't have stayed sane without you all!!

Jo, thanks again for the poster, I took one to my OS's office and Jenny, the receptionist, put it up straight away, thought it was a wonderful idea. So hopefully a lot more people can be helped the same way. Also sent one over to UK for my mum to give to a long time friend of ours who is having a TKR on May 6th. She is a sequence dancer so hopefully her muscles are strong and she won't take too long to recover.

I don't think I will ever be able to leave this sight, at least not while all my friends are still here. Anyway, I may still need that MUA, though I am going to try hard not to. I will need people like Cathy and everyone to help me through that. I felt sad when I read Kath is leaving us. Hope she pops in from time to time.

Dougie, haven't seen the mokey lately, how is he? What has he been up to all this time? Taken him to Karate yet? Can't wait to see him in his karate outfit!!

Oh my goodness, I am really rambling, it is now 5.30am and the magic pill is cutting in, so I am going back to bed for a cuddle with Kevin and "Manillow" and another hour or so of sleep. Have a great day all. Sue
 
Hello Nursepair and others , I live in Kent, the garden of England, near Bexleyheath, I was given Voltarol in hospital but couldnt take it as it made me so sick, I was offered a morphine machine as well, but didnt need it. I had a nerve block which lasted 48 hours so that helped, I still get a swollen knee now and then but tend to ignore it, I am dieting and have lost a stone, I am sure that is the secret to getting better, I do love to read all about you in the U.S.A., you are a wonderful advert for your country!!
 
Sue, 15 minutes on the bike? I'm proud of you. I remember so well when you couldn't even go around once..Sounds like you're trying to pass us all. I'm going to have to pick my workouts up.
Just keep on lowering the seat. That and the hot tub stretches helped me the most. When I work out I listen to 60's/70's songs on my ipod. Works for me.
 
I do love to read all about you in the U.S.A., you are a wonderful advert for your country!!

Jocelyn,
We Americans enjoy reading about the Brits also! I used to live in Germany and I've traveled to 10 or 12 European countries and I felt more at home in England then in any other country. Of course, there is the language connection but even besides that.... I think our customs and habits are more alike.
 
Hey Jocelyn, I live in Ontario, Canada now. I used to live in Kent before we emigrated here, in Ashford. Small world eh? When I joined Friends Reunited I saw a friend from school I hadn't seen for 30 years lived in Canada too, She actually lives an hour from me here, so we see each other often now. The diet will definately help, I lost about a stone since the op too, the Percoctes took away my apetite at first while I was on a lot of them. I an down to one 4 times a day now, so getting off them slowly, I am addicted to them at the moment, again.

Doug, I am going to lower the saddle once it stops hurting as much probably in a few days. We are going to visit friends this weekend, they have a hot tub, bike and treadmill, so I can still "work out". I'll see if I can check the site out there, but they are on dial up and it is very slow.
 
I've just got to ask. If I loose a stone, how many pounds did I loose?
 
Hey, I am on my own here, you must all be sleeping. Where are Skeet and Jenn today?

I had a busy but good day today. Went to Aquafit, quite a hard workout, new girl today. Much tougher, my shoulders ache, but the knee is good, though stiff as always. Increased the weights on the pulley by 10lbs. Did much better on the shuttle. Increased the speed on the treadmill, but that was really so I could do longer strides apparently.

My daughter was talking to her massage therapist today and he said it is good to walk in the water as it helps with the swelling. His mother in law, my friend, called me today, she only had 90 degrees until she was 9 months with her first TKR. Her second was good after 3 weeks!! Goes to show, you never know!!!

Had an hours nap then drove my friend to the airport, my first out of town drive, 50 minutes each way. I wasn't even stiff when I got out to go into the coffee store on the way back, and feel fine tonight, though tired now. Think I will hop onto the bike and pedal for 10 minutes, don't think I can mangage 15 tonight.

It feels so good not to be whining. Sleep well my dear friends. ((((((((HUGS)))))))) Sue
 
I'm around. Just had some long work days, meetings at night, dog training, Bible study, boys' track meet (Cody took 2nd in shot, Doug). Long day tomorrow, hiking on Saturday (75 and sunny here!!) and resting on Sunday. Actually had some times this week when I forgot about my knee for a few hours. Sounds like you are doing well, Sue. So glad to hear that! It's great to see us all getting better and better!

Blessings,
Skeet
 
I had a milestone today. I am one week short of six months post TKR. Today I was in my garden, weeding the peas that are up, and all of a sudden I noticed I was fully in a squat position for the first time in many years. I went into it without thinking, and I was able to rise back up out of it without pain. This feels like a miracle to me.

The last time I tried to squat was probably at least 8 years ago. I got down into a squat to look at something on a low shelf at a store, and I had to get someone to help me back up.

Sue
 
We have a circle of about 10 couples who are good friends and we've decided to all go to the same place and just continue our good times there (party! party!). We've made many jokes about how we'll be rocking the retirement village with our carrying on. None of us have any qualms about letting someone else pick up some of the "work" involved with day to day living as we have difficulty doing it. Glad to hear you guys are feeling the same way. We're not at that point yet and hopefully it will be some time. But you never know and we are relieved to be prepared.

Jamie, this is such an awesome idea. I actually have a bunch of women friends who have decided to do the same thing (I'm not part of the group--they are in the town where I went to college.) They've been meeting monthly for almost 20 years, since they were in their 40s, and they plan to support each other into old age. Sue
 
I had a milestone today. I am one week short of six months post TKR. Today I was in my garden, weeding the peas that are up, and all of a sudden I noticed I was fully in a squat position for the first time in many years. I went into it without thinking, and I was able to rise back up out of it without pain. This feels like a miracle to me.
Sue

Sue!!! How very exciting!! You give me hope! I love these miracles that just "happen" without you realizing it at first. They are such a blessing! I'm up for a little while. Sorry I missed you if you've gone back to sleep. It's certainly where I'd rather be! ....Jamie
 
Pride comes before a fall, so pleased with myself, forgot about knee, well almost, went out doing things for 3 days, guess what, now in pain from new knee AND my good knee is playing me up, Help!! Do you think its because I wore different shoes? Does anyone else have trouble with good knee that was OK before the op? So you see all my boasting about how old I am and how well I am doing was a lot of hot air!! Oh Dear!! Husband looks a bit downcast he cant wait for me to be normal, or near normal!! Some hopes!!
 
Jocelyn,
A number of us have complained about our "good knee" hurting after surgery..In fact, Patti gave us a scare when hers popped.
Our good knees have had to pick up the slack during the recovery. Since this was my ninth knee op, I'm pretty used to the good knee hurting and the back ache from limping.
It goes away as you strengthen.
 
I had a milestone today. I am one week short of six months post TKR. Today I was in my garden, weeding the peas that are up, and all of a sudden I noticed I was fully in a squat position for the first time in many years. I went into it without thinking, and I was able to rise back up out of it without pain. This feels like a miracle to me.

The last time I tried to squat was probably at least 8 years ago. I got down into a squat to look at something on a low shelf at a store, and I had to get someone to help me back up.

Sue


Ooh! That happened to me ages ago! I was in one of those glass and chinawear shops where beautiful and delicate china and ornaments are displayed on glass shelves. I squatted down to look at something and couldn't get up. I couldn't use the shelves of course - far too delicate - and the shop was totally empty! I had to stay like that till a member of staff put in an appearance! Oh the humiliation!
 
Hey you guys! I had another milestone event today. I got to 94 ROM from 92. I am so happy. Maybe I won't need that MUA after all? Find out on the 13th!!
 
Hey you guys! I had another milestone event today. I got to 94 ROM from 92. I am so happy. Maybe I won't need that MUA after all? Find out on the 13th!!

Push, stretch, push, stretch. You're getting there. It all adds up. Congrats! Must feel good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom