Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost: Excellent report, Weezy! I am so delighted to hear you are doing so well! And isn't truly wonderful and amazing how much better you feel over all with new hips?! I remember feeling the same way after mine. :zzz: is good for you!
 
Wow...Weezy - You are doing awesome. I'm amazed at your progress having bilateral hips. I'm two weeks out tomorrow and very happy to get past the surgery. I agree with everyone and take everything slow. I found myself forgetting my meds too, but alls it takes is to wake up in pain and quickly remember. I have a cat and she has been by my side every minute. I just have to keep her from stepping on my incision. She's really an angel!
 
Hi Weezy, Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and wishing you a continued speedy (and painless) recovery.

Tammy
 
Thanks for your kind comments and good wishes everyone! Wow, all I seem to be able to do is SLEEP. Pain is well controlled and I've been pretty good about taking enough drugs to keep it that way. I don't feel over-drugged, but I don't seem to be able to wake up either. Two and three hour naps twice/three a day, and then sleeping pretty much all night. Guess I must need it. Tried to really cut down on drugs yesterday to see if I would be more awake and it didn't help...although pain increased into the uncomfortable range so obviously I still need the pain meds.

Get stitches out tomorrow (Thursday).

Doing stairs OK, but energy drain is the big issue so I only do them when hubby is home and only once a day so far. Legs work fine, but I need a two or three hour nap afterwards.

Swelling is probably at its peak now...a bit more than before and it does limit motion a wee bit. But overall not bad. I ice most of the day and night and know that it's just a matter of time before it all goes away.

This is the hard part of recovery for me.....feel tired enough that I can't knit or do anything but sleep. Argh. Oh well, it should pass by next week to where I can at least sit up most of the day and do something like knit or stitch.

Weezy
 
Weezy, that sleep is so important, and so healing. Just let it happen. When you're sleeping, your body is working SO hard to repair everything. Your job is to let your body do its job. This stage will be over soon enough. The day may come when you wish you could sleep more. :)

Sharon
 
So great to hear how well you're doing weezy. Been thinging about you and was with you in thought during your surgery. I'm closing in on two weeks Fri. You give me hope and inspiration. sending best wishes for continued fast healing and comfort. Use the rest to your full advantage body and hips love it and will respond fast. take care, look forward to hearing more about your continued amazing results!
Kim
 
Hi Weezy that's all I did for about 14 days. I found sitting in the chair hard work so I spent a lot of time resting with my feet up on the bed. Coming up to three weeks and I can go out in the car walk round the shops but only if I've had a decent amount of rest durring the day. I find reading hard work still, I want to do more but been told by the PT not to increase activity too much as the deep muscles take time to heal. Your doing great get the rest and sleep you need your healing deep down and don't forget we had both done :-) that is twice as much healing and sympathy xxxx.
 
Weezy - don't worry about the fatigue - it does go away .... eventually. It really is hard work healing the body - it takes lots and lots of energy to grow new flesh and grow new bone. And you're having to do this for both legs at the same time. So let this be your mantra for a while - Carpe Dormio - Seize the Nap! Honestly you are doing great!
 
Just stopping by to see how you are doing Weezy. Don't worry about needing to sleep - that's exactly what your body needs to recover. Hang in there - the fog will lift soon!
 
Hi weezy

Sleep = healing

Take it where and when you can honey.. Soon you will be back into the knitting :)
 
Hi everyone!

dede62....whereabouts are you? I see your doc is in Bellevue. We're in south Seattle/Beacon Hill area and the OS and hospital were in Ballard (Swedish in Ballard).

@gran--I love your PT's description of "fresh meat"! That gave me a chuckle and it is very descriptive of how I've been feeling.

@nerdgrrl--I sent you a PM with my hellerworker's information. I personally think she's a miracle worker!

@Ann--love your sig line, it's so appropriate right now when all we want to do is heal and "get on" with life.

@Cookie42--and my second shower wore me out too! Nothing like major surgery to make us really appreciate the small things in life, like being able to shower whenever we want without worrying about the exhaustion following.

Well, my sitting up time seems to be about gone for now. Was going to do another update, but I've spent my time reading other posts....geez, it'll be nice to not get so tired so easily! But that'll come...I keep telling myself that as I get cranky from impatience!

Weezy
 
I agree with everyone, you need the rest as you have two hips to recover from. I find it more of a struggle for me to stay in bed. My back starts hurting because I've never like laying on my back for a long time. I can't sleep on either side right now. My OS told me I can sleep on my surgery side starting next week. I'm looking forward to that. Not sure how it will feel though. I say enjoy the rest while you can because when you get back to normal life I'm sure you won't get to rest like you can now. I will be able to enjoy it for one more week before getting back to work.
 
Hi there weezy, just a tip.. When you want to tag someone as you did in your post, you do exactly what you did, use the @ sign, then username but at the end you type a semicolon ; when you post this will change the tag to blue and the user gets notified.. Just a little tip :)
 
Hi Weezy,

Baby steps, baby steps... glad to hear you can stay up a little longer each day. I think you've got a lot of sleep to catch up on as well as the healing process going on. We've heard it said here that it does get better every day. Hope the stitch removal went OK. You didn't mention it, so it mustn't have been too bad.

I'm in North Everett. When I was researching docs for my scopes, yours came up as one of the few at the time doing them in the area. However, my pain doc recommended my OS, as well as, a friend whose mother and son both went to him for their knees. I recently saw a rheumatologist and she thought he was "brilliant". I really like the guy and am impressed with his handywork as well. I dubbed him the "burrmeister" after my first scope!

More restful and healing juju coming your way!!!:sleep:

dede62
 
dede62! North Everett!!! I lived there for over 20 years....I was in the Riverside District on Maple Street not too far from Garfield Grade School. I loved my neighborhood and still miss it but fell in love with a man who lived in south Seattle.

Weezy
 
Hi Weezy,
puddle fish was the nickname my hubby gave me as it took a long time to get over sea sickness and start diving in the sea. So I did a lot of diving in flooded quarrys or muddly puddles as they are known. As for my activity level now I think Im about 10% of what I was preop it only reduced when I came of the antiinflamitories and was left with just the co-codamol I could hardly move through pain. But what is important is each day something gets easier. Ive stoped pulling faces now when I get up out of a chair :-). Im still dizzy and I seem to be having some ballance issues. The first two weeks at home was a rollercoaster ride.
 
Weezy,

I'm about 5-6 blocks from GES! We just moved here about 1.5 yrs ago, but lived in Oak Harbor, Lake Stevens, and Snohomish since the Navy brought us here in 1987. Both of us are from the East Coast and neither wanted to go back. We love it here.

dede62
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom