Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

@wberry just catching your thread now

You wrote somewhere that if you hadn't pushed your os about the clicking you wouldn't have the revision
Mine clicks all time but no pain
Did you have pain?
 
I think that wberry had several more symptoms, apart from the clicking.

If you have clicking or clunking without pain, it is normal. Please stop worrying about it.
 
Yes, I had pain behind the patella, also the knee cap would physically catch and get stuck. Mine went from occasional to every step. Pain doing steps, standing up, ect. I was also very loose in the joint and the knee wobbled around. My revision involved a spacer upsize, bone alteration of patella, removing scar tissue, ligament adjustment and lateral release to finalize alignment issue. My knee cap rides to the outside so the prosthetic was grinding across the back of the patella also.

My revision makes some noise, but no pain as of yet, so I am happy. All TKR make some noise, and I am told it improves or decreases with time. They should not hurt like mine did. I know several mention their knee makes noise, and that's expected, it's metal on plastic now instead of bone on flexible cartilage and tissue.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Celle i guess my personality is being a worrier.
It was only strengthened by the fact the clicking has gotten constant but still without pain!
 
If it doesn't hurt and nothing is catching or binding I think your okay. Everyone in know says theirs makes some kind of noise, but doesn't hurt. Keep doing your strengthening exercises, that will help tighten things up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're doing awesome @wberry ! :friends:
Thanks!
I will have to patiently wait to see how things are once they have me do steps. Standing up and sitting down without my arms has been fine. Walking has been fine, there is a gentle noise of the prosthetic, but nothing like I had when it was loose and no pain or catching. Have PT tomorrow, so we will see how the week has gone.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just read some of your posts. You are truly an inspiration!! I still have difficulty standing up without pushing up with my arms. I bet you'll be going up and down stairs in no time!!
 
Thanks, keep a positive attitude about your outlook, it helps.

PT was mostly my same exercises, but I did a bit of walking backwards. That was interesting, she said it helps with balance. Numbers the same,still 3/115. PT is very happy considering I am 24 days post op.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I do have a question concerning the patella. My issue seems to be dramatically improved. But in PT this past week, one of the exercises brought back a much lighter version of that pain feeling, but it was different in some way. It wasn't sharp, more like resistance combined with tenderness. My question is if the redid the button, removed bone off the pattella and removed tissue along with the lateral release. Am I only feeling an area that had gone through a lot of change being irritated or tendons reacting to stressing? @referree54, @Josephine, @Jamie @kneeper. Do you have any ideas or anyone else?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @wberry.

I am glad things is improving for you. I am so glad that you don't have pain. Oh revision is so different. Knee replace is different to.

Take a look at my videos and pics o posted. See if you can see anything similar.

I am glad the bend and extension and pt is going good. Makes oh life so much easier when you are pain free.

We never know what to expect... As you said yours is making a noise. My knee is acting weird. It does make a lot of noise and it pops like crazy. I just barley move.

When u move ya knee side to side does it make a noise? Or like when you're walking does it make any noise? Mine does. I can't lay and make any Movement with out a pop. Laying it start out and having leave it there painful. Also I get stiff in car rides. So much waiting...


A question I recall in one post. U had posted you said you had allergy test? Was it medal? Did you have pay up front? Or did doc get peace of medal tape to leg to see if you was Alergic? I am just thinking he is a jerk my doc. Says alignment,Scar tissue. And swelling could be Alergic to medal. In Ky it's so frustrating. Cause all the docs here have law suits or getting fired and sent away,,,

Anyways back to you. With the revision does it fill different than the Tk? Do u have any kind of pop and lock? Has your sleeping pattern been good? Do u get pain on any side of knee cap? Is any of your knee numb? I have one spot on left that remains numb...


Glad your well. Send your doc here haha!!! Best regards. Xxxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Let's see, no allergies in my case. No it does not pop and is very tight and firm now. Noise is very little, but 10 times less than before. Revision was better for me, but mine was nota full revision. I had spacer and pattella correction and lateral release. I think that's everything.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am still curious about healing timelines for tissue in the knee. The clean up and lateral release, bone removal and tendon work. How long will these areas remain sore and be inflamed?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The healing times are the same as for your TKR. Tissue healing is tissue healing. You're right that you need to be patient. You're doing really well and I know you're eager to just get on with it. But listen to your therapist and keep taking things slow and easy. You have plenty of time to get there. Rejoice in what you can do now more than what you want to do. It will all come with time.

When you feel the slight pain you described, it's an indicator that you're not ready for that movement quite yet. Stop and wait a week or so before trying that again. Again, patience and listening to your body is the key to success.
 
You are absolutely right @Jamie.
It stay sensitive, and I have told my PT and the have reacted by backing off anything that affects that area. I see my OS next week for my 5 week. Wow it will be five week. I get to show my nicely healing scar, ROM of 3/117, off narcotic pain meds, driving, off walker and only using a cane, and started back to work. I will let him know about that area. I'm sure he will let me know that's where he did a lot of work and it needs healing time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
PT today went very well. This lady spends a lot of time massaging ligaments and muscles during the stretching exercise. New numbers: 0/120. Woopy!
I am up to ten minutes on the bike.
As before the think we should wait till week 6 before trying anything that engages the patella and its surrounding area. They are focusing on quads abd stretching. Also walking control to perfect my gait. They really want this recovery to go well. I see my OS next week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The massaging and stretching sounds good.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom