Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Capture.JPG

Forgot to post my knee pic and X-rays. Still has bruising, but it takes me longer to get my color back after bruising.
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1447409263.775035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend, swelling dropped off much more than usual. The knee cap and knee prosthetic makes a little noise, but nothing like before. Some clicking and a little run. All to be expected. Only discomfort is the little irritation by and under the knee cap. A mix of muscles and tendons working who haven't for a while. I am being patient with healing around the patella, so there is going to be some pain there until the tissue finally heals. I was told 8 weeks until I since some healing up. Anyone had any experience with patella work and lateral release to confirm the time line?

Looking good, my friend. I'm so glad things are going well! No information on the lateral release from me but I'm sure someone will.

Roxie

Kansas weather is killing me, this cold rainy has my revision knee hurting and being generally cranky.
Just not fair we have this new dangled weather baramitor

Well, that's it. Last PT was Thursday. Graduated with 124/0 ROM. OS said I needed no more because I am doing so great. Boy that went to my head. So I went to an event on Friday, spent 4 hours getting up and down and on my feet. The result of which, I was so soar like never before. Stupid, over did it. Spent all day in bed icing and elevating and medicating. It is much better now. End state of knee is very minor pain free noise. No looseness in the joint. Still feels different than the first time, more solid, and feels like I am on a stilt almost. Stride is good and even now. I was off the cane, but had to go back yesterday towards the end of my ordeal. Stairs are improving, still some pain on side of patella, minor under knee cap. So it seems to be slowly healing up.

wberry,
You are doing great, going to take awhile for that kneecap to fully heal. Glad to hear your knee recovered fairly quickly with following the Bonesmart Mantra!

Please be careful with your activity. You've come so far and you want this knee to heal properly before you start pushing the limits. Hope you recover from this setback quickly.

Well, It wiped me out enough and painfully. Learned my lesson there for sure. Spent all weekend resting and icing. Gonna rest from my pt routine for a couple of days also. Thanks all for the emphasis on what I should already know

Today I did very light PT on my own. Heal slides, then leg presses machine. Some step ups and stretching followed by time on the bike. Trying to go slow and easy for a while while icing daily.

@wberry, I'd skip the leg press machine, too. It does put quite a strain on you leg.

So today i feel really good, been walking around, knee has no pain, so I need to keep taking it easy and recover. The good thing is i have been feeling twinges and electric shocks around the patella, and the pain is much less in that area. maybe the tissue is finally healing up enough for me to tell. I am not about to push it and risk tearing it or something. One nice thing, my operative knee isn't as stiff as my non op knee when I sit to long. I have been trying to be religious about getting up every 15 min or so, to reduce stiffness in the non-op knee. I want it to last for several more years and get total healing on the right before i mess with the left.

@wberry - just got caught up on your thread.. (Haven't had a lot of time lately with life happening as it does!) I am SOOO very happy to hear you are doing so well!! You have had a long, rather difficult journey.. and I have admired how you have weathered through it. I think it is awesome that you are doing as well as you are now. Congratulations to you, my friend!!! :yes!:

I have been truly blessed, and thanks to all my bone smart friends I have been able to move forward and beyond. I am still healing, and will keep the slow steady process on track for as long as I have too. It feels so good to be moving in the right direction.

Okay, what a lousy day. Not for the knee, for me. We have been having major rain and sleet storms. Well this morning I heard a loud rushhhh an boom. Then the power went out. The rush was the tree hitting my house and sliding off. The boom was the transformer going critical. Estimate is no power until tomorrow. So I am in a cold house. But never fear, I am prepared. Generator moved from front of garage to garage door, released door holder to automatic opener. Fired up generator and ran lines into house. Chained generator to garage bar and applied power to opener and lowered garage door to 1.5 ft opening and pointed exhaust out opening. I have power for refrigerator, freezer, heater, light in room and cell phone charger. And now to my trusty polar pack for my knee. Even with all the running around to get gas, salt, metal shovel and ice scrapers. The knee came through like a champ.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom