Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

My PT said she wanted me to not sit longer than an hour and walk around on the knee. I have my PT routine, so I guess I will see how far I can go with the walker. I should get a more expanded answer tomorrow at my PT session.

Nice, already getting the nice nerve tingles and jumps from the knee. Brushing is less this time, but the surgical sight is just as soar as before.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Some positive news. Some ouch news. I got then tingles after revision. Was all weird feelings. Especially around incision. But that goes away after a little bit. Took me about month. Best thing I got for it was thin ice packs. And it helped. Seemed that the big or thick ones made it sorest.

Also I had this really soft silky thin like blanket. And would put over knee it would help to. Could not stand it for very long.

Walking gets easier every day. Good lucks to you. Sounds like your much more positive this time. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
I was just wondering, because my command to lift leg at the knee is still unresponsive. No response when I tell it to lift.
I noticed your comment and had the same experience. Two days after surgery (once I was disconnected from everything and could get out of bed), I had no trouble at all lifting both legs together (I still had/have good quad/leg strength) when getting back into bed. Then....I went to PT in hospital. Afterwards, I also could not get my leg to respond to my command to lift and even having it lifted for me hurt like blazes. And I suddenly had major muscle spasms and sciatica, too. I blame PT done wrong. It took about 4 days and muscle relaxers for the leg start responding to commands again, longer for the pain to go away. Hope yours will resolve soon.

Gilina
 
Percocets cause this weird fluttering in my ear when I take them. I get great pain relief, just the fluttering like a moth stuck in my ear is weird.
Just saw this as well. Have never taken percocet, but I had a similar experience with a different drug. Even asked the doc if there was a bug living in my ear. But, be careful. I also had some bad issues with vertigo type symptoms during that time ("Moth" sensation and vertigo went away with a drug change.) Ear weirdness may cause balance issues and a fall would be bad. Take care.

Gilina
 
PT today. I had to go an hour later because I was waiting on my pain pill to take affect.
Started out with limbering and the leg pressing recumbent machine. Did some stretching and the the usual slides and leg hang. Went ahead and measured since I seemed. To be limbered up: 10/105 today, wow 20 more than yesterday. Then we went to leg lifts and a swap ended leg lift. It was really hard and my leg lifted but begrudgingly every time. PT said it was tired because we just did stretch quad sets and this one works in the opposite direction. The new add was the bike. I made it all the way around both forward and back before she gave me 5 min on it. In the end she did you are doing really well and moving through new sets with ease. Well as long as it doesn't hurt I just do it. So what if I did it any times before the recent surgery. Got to figure out how to work on that suspended leg lift. Walker is useless, I push it with one hand just to keep it out of my way. Took tramadol last night and today because I knew I had no one to take me to PT. So I drove, my reactions are great and I can press the pedal hard and move between gas and break with ease. I am still on the ciprofloxacin 2 times a day even from before the surgery. Antibiotics for a previous possible case of prostate infection. That's an uncomfortable thing with guys. But I was checked several weeks before surgery. Had me stay on it 30 more days to make sure it didn't come back and he felt it would give me an extra level of protection during and after the surgery. They also gave me IV antibiotics while there both before and after surgery.

Not a bad day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
At this rate they are going to release me for light work in a few weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow.. driving after 10 days?? That seems incredibly fast to me, but maybe a revision is not the same as the initial replacement? You go, @wberry !!! Just be safe!!!
 
Yes, remembering that also. Still resting and icing and elevating. Have to remember it takes time also. I can see the greatest challenge is going to me motion. Even with everything fix, getting ROM back is going to take time. Just working on stretching back to 0 is slow going. @skigirl, what tactic did you employ after you spacer up sizes to work towards getting ROM back?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@brauzie I think if this was a full revision defiantly yes. But I kept my upper and lower components. This revision embolden spacer upsize and patella correction which included bone removal, and lateral release.

Also now I see why the suspended leg lift is harder(more straining to do), this one involves the patella in its new corrected position. It is very tight and sluggish like something moving through mud that hasn't moved in a while. I can feel the rubbing sensation, but not the painful scraping of bone on implant like before. Maybe that's the new button ridding in its proper slot. To top it of it is right below the new scar, and it is still irritated. Now I did my 10 and irritated it some more. Good thing it's almost time for my next pain management. Not catching like before, thank God.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just question for you. Besides the clunking and pop issues.
Did your X-ray show anything? Mine show alignment issues. But shows shadows on the X-ray. Xxxx Glad your doing better. Way to go. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
@wberry , I had a spacer replacement during my infection surgery. It was replaced to insure it wasn't infected. I remember being surprised I wasn't in more pain a 4-5 days after surgery. I wasn't allowed to bend my knee and was in an imbolizer (may have already posted that) but there was really no pain while walking and putting weight on my knee. While in rehab I was only allowed exercises or stretches that didn't require bending my knee. I could do straight leg raises with the imbolizer on! It was heavy!
But a month later when I was told to begin bending was when the pain came. So although I didn't need pain meds all the time, I did take them before pt because the knee was just so stiff. It took me at least a week to get a full rotation on the bike, I just rocked back and forth for a while. I realize you didn't have an imbolizer, but I understand the lack of pain. I probably could've driven except that my right leg was straight and I did keep the leg elevated all the time.
 
No signs of dark areas on my pre surgery X-rays. I will get a set of post surgery X-rays at my 5 week appointment.

They didn't put me in a brace or any restrictions. The OS wanted me using the knee. Since the cutting was mostly getting in the knee, cutting around the patella and it's back. I basically did nothing for a week but rest after surgery. The first PT in hospital was some walking, stretching and stairs. I had 4 sessions. Then outpatient started the following Wednesday. Today's Friday session they added and tried somethings to gauge where I was at, only hold back was the free leg lift and the respective quad and sore areas from patella work. So they have backed off those to allow more healing time.

As before getting this knee back straight is gonna take time, swelling is much better, but still there and it fights against you in ROM sometimes.

I defiantly agree about elevation, it and icing benifit me the most.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today's Friday session they added and tried somethings to gauge where I was at, only hold back was the free leg lift and the respective quad and sore areas from patella work. So they have backed off those to allow more healing time.

As before getting this knee back straight is gonna take time, swelling is much better, but still there and it fights against you in ROM sometimes.
It all sounds to me as if they are trying to rush you. I'm glad they backed off a bit, to allow more healing time.

Remember, there is no need to rush. You had ROM before and you'll get it back again. The best work you can do towards recovering ROM is still going to be rest, ice and elevation.
 
It's my off day. I walked, did my PT routine and mostly sat around and rested


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I need days like this, the wound has to grow itself back together. Lots of itching in that area today. That's a good thing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went to church today, but was to tired to make the evening service. They have a recliner up in the balcony, so I am able to put my leg up.

I have noticed the Percocet hangs in you with some tiredness. The Tramadol does' seem to do that, but takes longer to do its job.

This knee gets stiff if I don't do the PT at the right time and frequency. I think it is still early in the healing process. Most of the stiffness is around the patella and in the joint.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Anyone know some specific areas to massage while I work on my new ROM. There are other tendons and ligaments that use to be really loose, that are more firm now. I want to slowly over time help them loosen and give me ROM improvements.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom